Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go you for staying away from the food. Sorry to hear you got bad news but you are handleing it great (food wise). My sister got really sick shortly after she was banded and told me the same thing.... Get to the Dr. quick. We have a stomach bug going around my work and people are dropping like flies. Scared to death to throw up. So afraid of band slippage. Keep up the good work!!!

Been out a few days. Reading the posts from different people I can concur the same experiences. I stalled 10 days ago haven't lost another pound. Not sure what's going on, I'm more than following the food plan to a T. Banded on Sept 13 I am on Stage 3 pureed foods but I stick with cream Soups mainly. I take 1 large Protein Drink all morning with 48grams of Protein. I am rarely hungry. The only thing I haven't increased is my walking.

Got sick this last week with wheezing in my bronchial tubes. I coughed so hard I pulled some rib muscles near my port area and by Friday when i would cough I had a HORRIBLE stabbing pain next to the large incision. So if you think you are starting to get sick, go to the doctor quickly to get a handle on it. I got the coughing and wheezing under control by yesterday but I still hurt so much - don't wish this on anyone.

Yesterday was my granddaughter's 3rd birthday. They had chips, dips, fruit tray, veggie tray, cold drinks, cake and ice cream. Oh Yeah = PIZZA! I took a couple of spoonfuls of guacamole since it was mashed. Took 1 small cube of cantalope, honeydew, watermelon and 1 strawberry and 2 grapes- I peeled the grapes, cut the seeds off the strawberry, cut the melons in tiny tiny pieces and chewed them good. I figure that was ok since I have had some more lumpy soups and soft egg. I had no problems with being tempted with the pizza, cake or ice cream - I visualized a cheering section cheering me on as I said NO Thank you. I also visualized myself doubled over in gas pains when I heard the word PIZZA - boy, that works!!

I got extremely stressful news on Friday - devastatingly depressive news. I was so down, my first thought would be forget this all - go eat something - then I thought about WHY I did the lap band and why I am going thru this - to get healthier for ME to have a better life. In the past when I have gotten bad news, I have gone into this hole and eat myself silly but this time, I am saying NO to my old self and thoughts that would cause this - proud to say I haven't gone off the wagon. Guess What? The bad news never changed when I would eat thru the stress - this time I feel better about myself for doing this for me knowing it won't change the bad news. I crossed over a past stumbling block with victory and I can be happy with that.

Port pain? I have been banded for three weeks. My surgery went perfect, perfect recovery and feeling great! The only question I have is why when I bend over does it feel like there is a rock in my gut. By that I mean it is somewhat painful and feels like my port is getting in my way. Can anyone else feel their port? Mine is located on my left side higher than I expected between my breast and belly button. Will this feeling go away or will I always feel pressure when I bend over? Also, what is the general consensus about sleeping on your sides and resuming regular sex??

I look forward to hearing back! I love reading all of your posts.... Keeps me sane!

Thank you!

Port pain? I have been banded for three weeks. My surgery went perfect, perfect recovery and feeling great! The only question I have is why when I bend over does it feel like there is a rock in my gut. By that I mean it is somewhat painful and feels like my port is getting in my way. Can anyone else feel their port? Mine is located on my left side higher than I expected between my breast and belly button. Will this feeling go away or will I always feel pressure when I bend over? Also, what is the general consensus about sleeping on your sides and resuming regular sex??

I look forward to hearing back! I love reading all of your posts.... Keeps me sane!

Thank you!

I was banded nearly 6 weeks ago, and I still get the occasional pinching in the port area. Like you, everything went perfectly for me, so I was surprised by the irritation I started feeling in the port area a couple weeks post-OP. I asked at my fill appointment 3 weeks ago, and they said it was normal to have that until the soft tissue swelling goes down... they said it can be sensitive on and off for a couple months as our bodies adjust. Ah well. It doesn't bother me that much. I don't have any problem sleeping on my sides, so I didn't ask about that.

Peg! I was wondering where you were. Glad to hear that things went well and you are on the mend and recovered from the bug without having to go back into the hospital. Congrats on your first post being a bandster! :)

For those of you on myfitnesspal I am madholcomb on there :)

Friend me you all, I am chrissy198727 on myfitnesspal.

Thank you!

Hi! I was banded on the 19th and i know the feeling you're talking about when bending down and feeling the 'rock' in the gut. My PA says it's scar tissue that i'm feeling and once the area is completely healed, it will go away. I was also surprised at the placement of the port. I honestly thought it would be more towards my side as opposed to straight above my belly button. Now i've got fat to cover it but i'm wondering what will happen when i tone that area up......will it stick out.....will it show through my shirt........hoping the docs all know what they're doing...lol.

I'm a stomach sleeper and havent been able to get onto my stomach just yet. Sleeping on either side is fine for me now but am wanting to get onto my stomach.

Not sure about resuming sex.......hubby's been asking a lot lately.....lol. I forgot to ask at my postop appt last week. Anyone know?

Thank you so much to those that replied to my post. It makes me feel better. I joined my fitness pal today. It's an app for your phone and I think it's pretty great. My screen name is BrynneMonge in case anyone wants to be friends.

Hey All!

I'm 12 Days Post Op and have my 2 wk post op appointment tomorrow!

Wondering if there is anything I should ask about?

I feel somewhat fully healed, no more pains/gas, i can bend, and

hunger is back to normal.

I've gone off the liquid diet since I felt so weak!

I actually had to have a sit down because I walked to far/long in a store the other day.

I'm mixing Soups with soft foods (veggies and ground meats)

Napping regularly since I'm not getting enough energy from food!

Anyone else having this issue?

Need2lose2--our ports sound like they are in the exact same place. I, too, was surprised by it. I thought it would be more to the side. My dr said he placed it where he did bc i didnt have a lot of fat on my side area near my ribs and he felt if he placed it there that it would show quickly. We will see.

J

Banded 9/22

I was banded 9/9 and had port pinching for about 3 weeks. It is totally gone now. But I see your Dr's point putting the port in the middle. Mine is on the side but most of my belly fat is in the middle, hmmm............

Need2lose2--our ports sound like they are in the exact same place. I, too, was surprised by it. I thought it would be more to the side. My dr said he placed it where he did bc i didnt have a lot of fat on my side area near my ribs and he felt if he placed it there that it would show quickly. We will see.

J

Banded 9/22

J

Banded 9/22

It's just weird that it's front and center......it's the first place that it will show once the fat goes away. Guess we have to trust the docs.

Thank you!

Mine feels a sort of 'twinge' every now and then. It sort of hurts but then it isn't shooting pain just sometimes if I move a certain way. I have been sleeping on my stomach or sides for a couple weeks now (banded on the 12th). I started sleeping on my sides with a pillow propped against my stomach. Sex.... we have resumed regular sex for a couple weeks now too.

Hey - how do you cook the spaghetti squash?

HELLO!

How is everyone doing?? where are my early sept bandsters at?? Seems like they all disappeared!

My food day is:

Breakfast: Protein Shake. (i dont have time to make food in the mornin)

Lunch: chilli or a cup of tuna with 5 crackers or a salad with low calorie dressing

Dinner: Right now I'm eating spaghetti squash with meatballs and marinara sauce. Some days I scramble eggs with onion and little cheese. usually 3 eggs. Or tuna on a low carb tortilla if I didnt do crackers and tuna for lunch.

snack: SF Jello or SF pudding. 1 or 2 cups.

Thats it. I get my 2nd fill tomorrow. I'm not hungry though.

Peg so sorry you caught a bug! I'm glad your back at work but I'll tell you stamina was a big thing for me the first week back! I took a 15 min quiet time in the morning and afternoon and put my feet up. It made all the difference!

Take care and keep us posted!

Hello Everyone!

I've been out of commission since my surgery on Sept. 29th.

The surgery went well (band with plication) and hiatal hernia repair. Surgery was at 9:00 a.m., in the recovery room at 11:00 a.m. and in a room by 1:30 p.m. Spent one night and things went very well. After I got home, and on Sunday morning, everything I took in (all fluids) went right through me. I had diarrhea terribly. On Tues. it hadn't stopped so called the surgeon's office. They said that apparently I caught an intestinal bug while in the hospital and that 3 other patients had to be readmitted because of it and dehydration. I know I was dehydrated, but stayed at home and tried to get as many liquids as I could and took Imodium as prescribed by the nurse. It was a small setback, but I'm feeling pretty good now.

On Wed. I was taking my daily meds and must have taken them too quickly one after the other because I did the horrible slime (saliva with air bubbles) which was no fun at all. So, I learned my first lesson!

Today is my first day back at work. I'm tired and ready to go back home now.

Tomorrow I go back to surgeon for my 2-wk. checkup. Hopefully, they will let me eat mushies. I'm sick of all the liquids.

I've lost a total of 17 lbs. and feel good about that. I can feel it in my clothes and my face is thinning out.

Sounds like everyone is coming right along. Keep up the good work! Until next time... Peg

Spaghetti squash is easy! Cut in half and bake for 40 min rind side up. Let cool a little then with a fork scrap the insides. It makes very thin like angel hair Pasta.< /p>