Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Granny schmanny. Your never too old to do something for yourself. I was banded 9-1-11 am at a standstill myself. I go for my second fill this Wed. and hoping to get better food restriction. Eating the right things just too much of them. I lost 14 lbs on the preop diet and another 13 postop. I know if I would get moving more it would come off. I am thinking about asking my hubby for a personal trainer for my B-day. Never thought I would ask for that for anything. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Stacy the Great! I sure know what you mean about moving!! It is so hard for me too--I'm such a couch potato! My husband has been good about draging me out 4-5 days a week for a walk so that's a start anyway. I also half heartedly do some weights on my arms and legs. I chart 10 min a day for that....I would feel more motivated if I could get out of this stall...never give up!!!

I went back to the doc 2 weeks out because I was sure something else was wrong with me and me over doing it (having 4 kids how can you not?) is what the doc said was wrong ,lol. So embarrassing to go to the doc because I was over doing it. I am sure in another week you will be feeling tons better. Even with me resting on the couch just trying to give the kids instructions for chores, homework, all that would tense up my ab muscles and it just made healing drag on. Take it easy!

Thanks so much. At least i know what i need to do, relax and stop going for walks. I dictate chores around to my kids but then i think if I just do it myself it'll get done quicker. No more of that. Hubby and kids will have to take care of it.

Hi everyone, I am two weeks and four days in and lost two pounds this week, for a total loss of 19 pounds, 3 which were pre-op (overnight fast before surgery). I am still walking 30 minutes daily and trying to drink my Water. Like most of you I seem to get hungry frequently and learning how to chew chew and chew. I see my surgeon on the 21st when I am four weeks. Have a productive week and good luck to us!

Been out a few days. Reading the posts from different people I can concur the same experiences. I stalled 10 days ago haven't lost another pound. Not sure what's going on, I'm more than following the food plan to a T. Banded on Sept 13 I am on Stage 3 pureed foods but I stick with cream Soups mainly. I take 1 large Protein Drink all morning with 48grams of Protein. I am rarely hungry. The only thing I haven't increased is my walking.

Got sick this last week with wheezing in my bronchial tubes. I coughed so hard I pulled some rib muscles near my port area and by Friday when i would cough I had a HORRIBLE stabbing pain next to the large incision. So if you think you are starting to get sick, go to the doctor quickly to get a handle on it. I got the coughing and wheezing under control by yesterday but I still hurt so much - don't wish this on anyone.

Yesterday was my granddaughter's 3rd birthday. They had chips, dips, fruit tray, veggie tray, cold drinks, cake and ice cream. Oh Yeah = PIZZA! I took a couple of spoonfuls of guacamole since it was mashed. Took 1 small cube of cantalope, honeydew, watermelon and 1 strawberry and 2 grapes- I peeled the grapes, cut the seeds off the strawberry, cut the melons in tiny tiny pieces and chewed them good. I figure that was ok since I have had some more lumpy soups and soft egg. I had no problems with being tempted with the pizza, cake or ice cream - I visualized a cheering section cheering me on as I said NO Thank you. I also visualized myself doubled over in gas pains when I heard the word PIZZA - boy, that works!!

I got extremely stressful news on Friday - devastatingly depressive news. I was so down, my first thought would be forget this all - go eat something - then I thought about WHY I did the lap band and why I am going thru this - to get healthier for ME to have a better life. In the past when I have gotten bad news, I have gone into this hole and eat myself silly but this time, I am saying NO to my old self and thoughts that would cause this - proud to say I haven't gone off the wagon. Guess What? The bad news never changed when I would eat thru the stress - this time I feel better about myself for doing this for me knowing it won't change the bad news. I crossed over a past stumbling block with victory and I can be happy with that.

Good for you for curbing the temptations and not allowing bad news to throw you into food.

Don't be nervous about the fill. It felt weird but didn't hurt. The worst thing about it is going back to liquids again. I go back for my 2nd fill this Wed. I need more restriction. The whole house is eating better since I was banded on 9-1 and my husband has lost more than me and I could just kill him for that. Good luck with your fill. Friend me and let me know how your fill goes. :D

Thank you! Yeah, i am NOT looking forward to being on liquids again. I mean i was really hungry on liquids!!!! It's only for a few days after the fills, right?

I was done on the 14th of Sept and don't get my first fill until Nov 8th that's almost 2 months after. It seems like such a long time because I'm starting to get really hungry and I need to be tightened because I could really eat if I let myself. The Protein Shakes really aren't cutting it anymore they actually used to keep me satisfied but today I thought I would lose my mind. I had a piece of steak for dinner a few veggies and mashed potatoes real food !!! I now feel so guilty it just wasn't worth eat. I could have kept on eating I wasn't getting full and of course without a fill there was no problem getting it down all thou I did chew chew chew to get in practice. Anyone have an idea for a fast high Protein snack for between meals? I know we are just supposed to have our 3 meals and never anything in between but that might just be my Md.

I was done on the 14th of Sept and don't get my first fill until Nov 8th that's almost 2 months after. It seems like such a long time because I'm starting to get really hungry and I need to be tightened because I could really eat if I let myself. The Protein Shakes really aren't cutting it anymore they actually used to keep me satisfied but today I thought I would lose my mind. I had a piece of steak for dinner a few veggies and mashed potatoes real food !!! I now feel so guilty it just wasn't worth eat. I could have kept on eating I wasn't getting full and of course without a fill there was no problem getting it down all thou I did chew chew chew to get in practice. Anyone have an idea for a fast high Protein snack for between meals? I know we are just supposed to have our 3 meals and never anything in between but that might just be my Md.

My dr. says to snack in between meals, in between bfast and lunch and then another one in the afternoon. Sometimes I will split a Protein Shake between my am and pm snack. I have been eating either a mini babybel cheese or a string cheese for snack. Sometimes just one of the on the go cottage cheeses too. My first fill is Oct. 25th and I am so ready for some restriction. My dr put in the 14cc band and said it may take more fills than it would with a 10 cc band for me to get to my 'sweet spot'. I sure hope that sweet spot is found sooner than later :). I am tired of being 193 lbs and that is what I have been for over week now, grrrr.

Diva, you asked about the plication. After reading about bandster hell I think I am really thankful I had it. I am almost 4 weeks out from surgery and have yet to actually be very hungry. My weight loss is steady, I have lost 16 pounds since banding on 9/14 and the only slow down I had was when I was drinking too much boullion and the sodium was affecting my loss. Once I stopped that, it has been steady again. I eat three meals a day and sometimes a snack in the late afternoon if dinner is going to be a later one. I usually have one shake per day, my calories are running around 800/900, carbs under 60 and fats under 28. I am satisfied on a cup of food or less and think the plication is the reason for my satisfaction. All in all, I am happy with the band and the plication and they way they work together and the way I am able to work with them.

Bromo & Diva, I also had plication as well and I am loosing fairly well just not as much as I did in the first and second week which is expected. I can only take in a half a cup of food which takes me about half an hour if I chew well. I was eating three times for two weeks and now I am eating five times a day which is still okay being that I can only take in so much. I do feel satiated after a meal and have to wait half an hour before I can down some Water.< /p>

You'll have to let me know how the fill goes. Waiting until Nov. is killing me, I'm seriously thinking of asking him about moving my date up. I realize I can't rush this but I just want to get started and until I start on the fills I feel like i'm in Band Limbo.

My dr. says to snack in between meals, in between bfast and lunch and then another one in the afternoon. Sometimes I will split a Protein Shake between my am and pm snack. I have been eating either a mini babybel cheese or a string cheese for snack. Sometimes just one of the on the go cottage cheeses too. My first fill is Oct. 25th and I am so ready for some restriction. My dr put in the 14cc band and said it may take more fills than it would with a 10 cc band for me to get to my 'sweet spot'. I sure hope that sweet spot is found sooner than later :). I am tired of being 193 lbs and that is what I have been for over week now, grrrr.

All of your comments are really helping me to stay focused and not to stress over the little pangs and setbacks. Thank you!

I see my family doctor tomorrow for a three week after surgery check up. My first fill is Oct. 26 and until then I'm on pureed foods and eating about 700 calories a day. If I overdo it, I know because the incision for my port starts hurting. I use it as a gauge to when I need to stop and rest. Today I went for a 35 minute walk in the beautiful IL fall and had no pain. Yes! For the most part, I am not feeling the hunger between meals and can stick to the suggested amounts without a problem [2-3 oz. meat, 1/2 c veggie, and/or 1/2 c. fruit with tofu pudding and kefir smoothies] and am getting enough Protein and fluids.

I am still taking Tylenol morning and night - junior chewables - because i find I sleep better and get moving faster in the morning. My only real problem is feeling light headed or dizzy when I stand up - I think I will talk to my doctor about whether it is blood sugar dips or maybe blood pressure lows - and see if any meds can be adjusted.

My doctor/nut are pretty strict about no carbs - no bread, potatoes, corn peas, etc. and no fresh fruits or veggies during the healing time. I really want a fresh apple!

I'm wearing an outfit today that I couldn't wear last fall - and it feels good to know that I've lost enough weight to be able to move down a size or two. And my bras are very uncomfortable - either because of the incisions or because they don't fit anymore - but I really hate to spend money right now on clothes. Bras are NOT something to find at resale shops! I guess i will have to go out and get at least one I can wear! [sorry to the guys for TMI]

Sitting at the computer is still painful after an hour, so I better get off and go upstairs into the recliner and rest!

Remember that the Lap-Band is NOT the only answer - it is a tool! And as our bodies are healing, the band is not yet working to its optimum. We just have to work thru this 6 weeks until the healing is done adn the band can be fine-tuned to do the work it was designed to do. Eat what is healthy, safe and good for you - it is only a month more! [i'm saying this to myself you understand!]

Diva, you asked about the plication. After reading about bandster hell I think I am really thankful I had it. I am almost 4 weeks out from surgery and have yet to actually be very hungry. My weight loss is steady, I have lost 16 pounds since banding on 9/14 and the only slow down I had was when I was drinking too much boullion and the sodium was affecting my loss. Once I stopped that, it has been steady again. I eat three meals a day and sometimes a snack in the late afternoon if dinner is going to be a later one. I usually have one shake per day, my calories are running around 800/900, carbs under 60 and fats under 28. I am satisfied on a cup of food or less and think the plication is the reason for my satisfaction. All in all, I am happy with the band and the plication and they way they work together and the way I am able to work with them.

I keep seeing references to plication....what is that?

I was banded 9/27, two weeks ago tomorrow. Can't believers only been two weeks. I go back to work tomorrow. I don't see my dr until 6 weeks post op. The paperwork said liquids for up to two weeks or whenever I felt ready. I started with some mushies thus past week. In fact last night I had thanksgiving meal - mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing and cooked carrots. I ate much much less than I used to. Took really small bites and tried to eat slower. I was the last one finished and had the least amount of food. And it tasted amazing. I've also been eating cheese sticks as a snack. Since I don't seey dr for some time I feel like a bird shoved out of the nest and am forced to fly. It's really great to read about others experiences and what your dr's are telling you. I'm still amazed at the variety of rules/recommendations. I would have expected things to be a little more standards across the board. Oh well, as long as it's working!

Oh ya, I'm down 23 lbs since start of pre-op diet but haven't lost an ounce during this last week. Glad I'm not alone! I will be patient!! Or try at least! :)

Lisa

Greetings fellow Sept 11 bandsters!!!

I'm now 4 weeks post op (28 days to be exact). I'm down 16.6 since surgery and almost 32 lbs since my high point. My weight loss has slowed down but I'm really okay with that. As long as the trend is down, I'm happy. Remember, it took many years to add the weight, and the slower it comes off, the more I'm convinced it will be permanent.

I want to add a plea to everyone on this thread: be kind to yourself!! Especially psychologically. Don't focus on the day to day struggles (weight up a pound, didn't do my walking, I feel really guilty for.....) Remember, you don't do nice things for people you disparage, including yourself! We need to find a better relationship to food. Learn to eat less and be satisfied, eat healthier food (at least most of the time) and move forward. Just a thought, but do you see skinny people berating themselves for a small food indiscretion. No! They realize they are human and not perfect. Let's all act like skinny people and hopefully we'll all get there in our OWN time.

An example: I've lost 1 pound this week AND MY BMI is under 35 for the first time in MANY MOONS!

Just my 2 cents from an absolutely beautiful day in NYC.

Lisa in NYC

My psychologist told me it is important to set intermediate goals, so my next goal: loose 5 pounds in the next four weeks. Do you think I can make it? I'll update everyone in my weekly status.

Greetings fellow Sept 11 bandsters!!!

I'm now 4 weeks post op (28 days to be exact). I'm down 16.6 since surgery and almost 32 lbs since my high point. My weight loss has slowed down but I'm really okay with that. As long as the trend is down, I'm happy. Remember, it took many years to add the weight, and the slower it comes off, the more I'm convinced it will be permanent.

I want to add a plea to everyone on this thread: be kind to yourself!! Especially psychologically. Don't focus on the day to day struggles (weight up a pound, didn't do my walking, I feel really guilty for.....) Remember, you don't do nice things for people you disparage, including yourself! We need to find a better relationship to food. Learn to eat less and be satisfied, eat healthier food (at least most of the time) and move forward. Just a thought, but do you see skinny people berating themselves for a small food indiscretion. No! They realize they are human and not perfect. Let's all act like skinny people and hopefully we'll all get there in our OWN time.

An example: I've lost 1 pound AND MY BMI is under 35 for the first time in MANY MOONS!

Just my 2 cents from an absolutely beautiful day in NYC.

Lisa in NYC

My psychologist told me it is important to set intermediate goals, so my next goal: loose 5 pounds in the next four weeks. Do you think I can make it? I'll update everyone in my weekly status.

What a beautiful message! One that i needed to hear today because i was not so good yesterday and kept feeling guilty for the rest of the day. It's so true. You are so right and from today on i will try not to be so hard on myself.

It is a beautiful day!! Enjoy