Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY FITNESS PAL. COM??????

I had read many post on here about my fitness pal.com so i signed up for it today and was shocked by the numbers it gave me. Based on my weight and goal weight it said i can have 1,440 calories a day, 52 grams of fat a day (which i never come close to), and 165 grams of carbs a day (which i never come close to). I just cant imagine eating that much fat and carbs and losing weight. I was wondering, do you guys use this website as a way to keep track of your food electronically versus having to write it down? or do you guys actually follow the guidelines of what it allows you to have. Just curious how people use my fitness pal. com.

Hello,

When I first entered my stats on MFP it calculated and gave my number to be high as well, including over 1600 in calorie intake daily. But you have the option to alter/change your goals, that's what I did, I lowered the calories intake and it will then recalculate your other numbers.

Same here so I just record my exercise and weight progress!

I changed the amount of calories. I don't like to go over 1200. I use it mainly to count calories. It helps because it has a lot of stuff programed in.

I changed the amount of calories. I don't like to go over 1200. I use it mainly to count calories. It helps because it has a lot of stuff programed in.

I use myfitnesspal.com for my ticker but thats it. I use calorie counter on my phone which interfaces to their website to track my intake but to be honest I use the guidelines my Dr suggests as a guide as opposed to any other guidelines. I stick to about 1000 calories per day. All the charts tell me to eat 1700. I wouldnt have lost 120 plus lbs in 10 months if I did that!

yes, i change my goals also to fit into my surgery

I put in the calories that I would consider enough 1200.

I know my Protein is 60-80G of Protein. Those are the facts that concern me.

So it adds everything up. between 800-1200 works, and then I try to make sure I get the protein that my surgeon says I should have.

Then this works just fine.

I think must of us have altered the numbers to meet our needs and then use the site to keep track of our calories, Protein, fats, etc.... I find it helpful in keeping track of what I ate, how much I ate, and when I ate it. And I love being able to access it on my cell phone.

I use MFP mainly for tracking calories and tracking weight. It has me at 1200 a day which I rarely meet- but it helps to have a goal amount

yep. i just changed mine to 1000 cals and bumped up my Protein %. I love the site. you can friend me. sandiburn.

Yes, add me too UN: mauraclegg

It's a very helpful site and there's lap band people on there. I've only been on for a few days but I think the tool will be helpful once I recalibrate it for my needs.

Feel free to add me... "withtheband"

I am using it as my daily tracker. I put my carbs and fats where I wanted them and it bumped my Protein up to some ghastly amount considering my caloric limit. But I just use it to keep up with what my actual numbers are and ignore the rest. I also stopped tracking my exercise on it as I didn't like it messing with my calorie intake allowance per day. I keep track of exercise on my Wii Fit. It is working for me and I like not having to write everything down but just find it and add it with a mouse click.

I changed my cal. Intake and Protein intake and sugars. My cal. Are at set at 1000, during the week I try to eat between 800-900 and weekends I allow myself to hit 1000 cal. My sugars undr 20 g and protein 80 to 100. I guess it is different for everyone. I am pretty short 5'2 and pretty much average frame. If I workout I allow myself an extra Protein Shake.< /p>