Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Erosion: Our OWN Statistics.

I was banded in Oct of 05. I am about 50lbs lighter, but was 60. I quit smoking and that is what i am blaming my weight gain on??? I haven't eroded but I have had some problems. I get some incredible stomach pain, and have ended up in the ER two times for it. I throw up and don't stop until i get a shot of an anti-nausea medication. No one seems to know what is wrong. No one is willing to try figure out what is wrong. The only thing I have been told is to stop throwing up because it's bad for my band. I am currently taking protonix which is helping. I really wish someone would take the time to help me discover what is wrong before I end up having to have my band removed.

Dawn

Hiays Dawn, so sorry to hear about all of the problems you've been having. This thread is where everyone is listing their information about getting their band - date, location, doctor name, and if they erroded or down. We are collecting the data for our own survey of sorts.

To get the best responses for you post, please go to the main page, then into the lapband complications forum and repost this information as a new thread (theres a button at the top of the forum for new threads). That way more people will see it and respond.

You could also post again here on this thread, and add your information to the survey. That would be great. Check the other pages of this thread to see what information is being collected and how to report it.

Thanks and I sure do hope you find some help here with your troubles. It has to stink to be going thru that!

Best of luck to you.

*hugs*

Dawg - How cool is this of you to do?? I love analysis. Great idea.

Date Banded: 1/12/06

Doctor: Benavides

Erodoed: NO

If Eroded Date Removed: N/A

---------- the more data the better :-)

Band Type: Inamed 4cc

First Fill: 2/14/06

1st Fill Amount: 1cc

Sign: LEO

Favorite Food: chocolate

Favorite Movie: Christmas Vacation

hair Color: I'll never tell

I'm just kidding you! Thanks again for doing this. It will be interesting to watch the trends.

Dawg - How cool is this of you to do?? I love analysis. Great idea.

Date Banded: 1/12/06

Doctor: Benavides

Erodoed: NO

If Eroded Date Removed: N/A

---------- the more data the better :-)

Band Type: Inamed 4cc

First Fill: 2/14/06

1st Fill Amount: 1cc

Sign: LEO

Favorite Food: chocolate

Favorite Movie: Christmas Vacation

hair Color: I'll never tell

I'm just kidding you! Thanks again for doing this. It will be interesting to watch the trends.

Actually the band might be usefull data. So far I only know of one band manufacturer that eroded.

As for chocolate... I don't know of anything I can extrapolate from that.

Oh. and I could incorporate a heading about "He wants you to say the blessing.... The.... Blessss...ing" or the "Sh*tters full*, but I don't know how pertinent it would be.

Thanks for the chuckle... wait I don't laugh... thanks for the gentle puff of air that erupted from my left nostril when I read this post. :)

Quote from Dawg:

Thanks for the chuckle... wait I don't laugh... thanks for the gentle puff of air that erupted from my left nostril when I read this post.

That was too funny! :-) LOL. You're right - the band type may be a good idea...

Date Banded: 1st August 2005

Doctor: Kierath

Eroded: NO, but pulmonary embolisms and no restriction.

Date Removed: They ain't getting it back!!!!