Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Erosion: Our OWN Statistics.

It seems to me that we have an excellent opportunity to answer our own question regarding erosions.

We have a superb sampling of banded folks from all regions. I will be collating data to try and help us all see a snapshot of what is happening and where.

If you want to take part in this very unofficial study, Throw on a post (or PM Me) and I'll start collating.

RULES!!

Please only report your data. If you report data for another LBT'er I need their username as well as their stats. I won't accept spouses or friends unless they have a user account. Remember, this is LBT statistics, not LBT, plus everyone I know who has a band! :heh:

Format for Submission of Data:

Date Banded:

Doctor:

Erodoed: Y/N

If Eroded Date Removed:

If you don't give me all the information I can NOT add you to the data. If you don't supply data, I will try and PM you to request missing data.

PERMANENT DISCLAIMER!!!

This study is not intended to impugn, malign, or misrepresent surgeons and their ability to perform. This is a simple collection of numbers. So, if you see items like: Lopez 100% next to number of erosions, be sure to look and see just how many have reported. If 1 person reports, and 1 person erodes, thats 100%.

The more people take part, the better the data becomes!

Privacy

Anyone who wishes to submit their information by personal message will have their identity kept confidential. I will not reveal to anyone on LBT (or outside of LBT) their usernames or any other personal information provided to me.

TEMPORARY DISCLAIMER!!!

These figures show an INCREDIBLY high erosion rate due to the very small sampling of folks in the study. Don't Panic!

================================

This data is updated daily by midnight US. EST.

================================

***** Apologies Folks, it appears when the thread moved formatting was lost and can not be put back in. I'll ask Alex if it can be 'fixed' but we may not be able to host these stats anymore ****

Stuff happens. :puke:

The date you were banded.---------April 6, 2004

Where you were banded (Country)----Rosarito, Mexico

Surgeon's Name------------------Dr. Juan Carlos Lopez

Whether your band has Eroded or not.---Eroded - removed Dec 6, 2005

I added the surgeon's name -- thought this would also be a good way to see how many erosions are per surgeon as well, whether US or MX or wherever.

Banded March 30, 2005

Surgeon: Dr. Arturo Rodriguez, Monterrey. MX

Not eroded, no problems to report!

I added the surgeon's name -- thought this would also be a good way to see how many erosions are per surgeon as well, whether US or MX or wherever.

Fabulous Idea!

If we could collect that data too, it would be wonderful.

Date Banded: 9/16/05

State: Louisiana

Surgeon: Dr. Thomas Lavin

Eroded? Yes/No?: No, not eroded. No problems.

I also added the state in the event you want to include that data as well.

I'm newly banded (11-21-05) and my banding was done in Houston. What I know about erosion is only what I've read on these boards. But I wonder if maybe you might want to include the date of first fill in your survey too. Could something related to getting a fill before healing be a factor?

I'm newly banded (11-21-05) and my banding was done in Houston. What I know about erosion is only what I've read on these boards. But I wonder if maybe you might want to include the date of first fill in your survey too. Could something related to getting a fill before healing be a factor?

The more data the better. :puke:

Who was your Doctor? Just so I can add you in.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Banded 7/15/05

TJ, Mexico - Ortiz

No problems at all!! :puke:

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>