Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do when your skinny (or thinner)

DON'T GIVE UP.I WAS ON BP pills 15 YEARS AND AS SOON AS I LOST RT NOW 45 POUNDS I HAD TO STOP MY BP PILLS.MY STARTING WEIGHT WAS 311.WHEN I FIRST SAW DR IN AUGUST I WAS AT 294.SEPT 1 HAD BAND PUT IN.SEEN DR SEPT 6 FOR FOLLOW UP AFTER SURGERY HE WEIGHED ME AND FROM AUGUST TO SEPT 6 I LOST24 POUNDS.ALSO I NO LONGER TAKE MEDS FOR DIABETIES SUGARS DROPPED.SO AS OF NOW I ONLY TAKE 1 PILL A DAY FOR COLESTEROL DOC SAID AS A PREVENTIVE BUT AS MORE WEIGHT COMES OFF HE SAID HE IS GOING TO STOP IT ALSO SO NEVER GIVE UP AND DON'T LET ANYONE MAKE YOU GIVE UP HOPE I AM PROOF IT CAN HAPPEN HANG IN THERE.

My list:

I want my third grade students to be able to get their arms ALL THE WAY around my waist when they hug me!

I want to go white Water rafting!

Get certified in scuba diving from my Master Diver son!

I want to go flying with my son in his very small plane without fearing we'll crash because I lied about MY weight!

Enjoying hiking again!

Sit down without pulling at my top to cover my rolls!

Go snow skiing without the fear of falling and can't get up!

Stop avoiding social situations because of how I look!

Meet my husband's clients without shame over my body!

Lower the ridiculous amount of insulin I'm taking for my very serious diabetes!

Live a long and happy life!!:D

Everyone's lists are great for motivation. I love reading them. I think sometimes we don't even know what to put on our 'skinny list' until it happens. There are things I just lived with and accepted or didn't give much thought. then after the weight comes off and I experience something, it hits me ...... man, I've missed that.

I get banded in 3 weeks. Here's my list..

Weigh less than my husband!

Chase my son around the park when he learns to run (he's conquering walking right now)

Buy clothes because they look good not just because they fit.

Cute boots!

Wear cute panties without the front disappearing.

Put on a dress and love it!

Be able to ride the chairlift ride at the zoo with all 3 of us.

Run a 5k without stopping.

I need to print this and post it on the fridge.

Thanks for the encouragement. My blood pressure is already down quite a bit after a 32 lb weight loss from April 2011. My doctor thinks I won't have to take ANY pills when I reach my goal!

Lisa in NYC

DON'T GIVE UP.I WAS ON BP pills 15 YEARS AND AS SOON AS I LOST RT NOW 45 POUNDS I HAD TO STOP MY BP PILLS.MY STARTING WEIGHT WAS 311.WHEN I FIRST SAW DR IN AUGUST I WAS AT 294.SEPT 1 HAD BAND PUT IN.SEEN DR SEPT 6 FOR FOLLOW UP AFTER SURGERY HE WEIGHED ME AND FROM AUGUST TO SEPT 6 I LOST24 POUNDS.ALSO I NO LONGER TAKE MEDS FOR DIABETIES SUGARS DROPPED.SO AS OF NOW I ONLY TAKE 1 PILL A DAY FOR COLESTEROL DOC SAID AS A PREVENTIVE BUT AS MORE WEIGHT COMES OFF HE SAID HE IS GOING TO STOP IT ALSO SO NEVER GIVE UP AND DON'T LET ANYONE MAKE YOU GIVE UP HOPE I AM PROOF IT CAN HAPPEN HANG IN THERE.

My banding is in 5 days so here goes.

Ditto for weighing less than my husband

Wearing jeans with an awesome belt

Being comfortable in tee shirts again.

Getting off my cholesterol med

Being small enough that my family wants to buy me clothes for my birthday instead of earrings, candles, a throw blanket

Going on vacation feeling totally pumped because I have all kinds of skinny clothes to wear

And lastly, just being able to leave my house feeling un self conscious about my size

Arlene on the north shore

Ms. Lady,

Thanks. He has it coming. I can't wait. I look so good in jersey. I want him salivating. To add insult to injury. I just found out he's on st Thomas island. Didn't tell me he was going.

I almost feel sorry for him, but not really.

J

WHAT?? St.Thomas??? Oh he has it coming!! This time next year you should send him your bikini picture by mistake. You know I am with you on this one. You have my support because the best thing for an EX to see you do is HAPPY and PHYNE!! Yep with a PH!! :). Keep up the great work ThatChick! I'm tentatively scheduled for 11/14.

Love this thread. I'm like everyone else...I want to throw away my bp pills, wear stilleto heels, and look good in whatever outfit I'm strutting around in. I can't wait until I can cross my legs without it feeling like a battle to keep them crossed.

My highlight will be when I don't have to worry about the maximum weight capacity on the Water rides at White Water, can go on the zip line with my kids, and wear a bathing suit that doesn't look like I'm apparently hiding my body.

ROCK ON, Skinty!!!!!!!!!

That is so awesome. Bikini pic by mistake. Love it. LOL

Oh I can't wait. Suddenly have much more motivation. Thank you skintyprincess.

I pray your surgery is well. Also, we will keep in touch through this, ok?

J

I want to ride roller coasters

Wear all of the cute clothes that are in my closet and probably out of date but may be back in style soon!

Be a role model for my 12 yr old son and not let him make the same mistakes I have

Wear some awesome cute clothes on vacation to Vegas next year!