Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 mos. post op. I have lost 48 lbs. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes years ago. I am now off my medication. I have hypertension, I am off one medication completely and have decreased dosages on the other. My blood pressure has been in the normal range. I have dropped in pant size from a 26 wp to a 18. I have gone down 2 bra sizes and 2 shirt sizes. I am about to go on vacation to play golf. I am so excited. I feel energized and fit enough to get out and walk the courses. I have improved my golf swing because I have less body to work around!

I am so glad I have gone through this surgery. There has been times I thought what the hell did I do to myself but now I am 'on schedule' with my weight loss. My doctor told me that I should expect 1/4 to 1/2 lbs weight loss per week. I have stopped looking at the numbers. I am working on my activity and food intake according to what I am supposed to do. I was skipping the daily Protein Snacks but found that's not the right thing to do. So now I am back on track and doing very well.

To those who get discouraged (like I did) hang in there! Remember it took years to put it on and it will take time to take it off. Be patient! I am on the 2-3 year plan. I am in no hurry to get to my goal ( which is 40 more lbs) but I will get there. This is hard work, I am a stronger person! I am thankful for all the encouragement from my family and friends.

Thank you for posting. :) I too am on a slow path, 42 pounds in 9 months. So frustrating at times because it seems that everyone else is losing much quicker....but better down than up!

Congrats on the weight loss. Your doing great. I am a slow loser myself. I have to keep changing my diet and exercise also. Keep up the good work.

Ty for the encouraging words.

.im 10 days post op

Love these encouraging posts!

I am a really slow loser as well. I'm 6 months post-op and have lost 23 pounds. Until recently I felt really no restriction at all. Now, however, I am finally feeling the restriction that I think I should. I am beginning to lose at a faster pace now.

Thanks for sharing your story. It's encouraging to hear.

I had a burst of very good weight loss first up, but overall, I was a slow loser, I lost about 75lb the first year, 25 the next year and another 20 over the following four years - and I can tell you I couldnt care less now how fast I lost it - its gone and that's all that counts. Every stage along the way is enjoyable, so dont worry about how fast its coming off unless you're really not happy with the sort of effort you're putting in and know you could do a lot better.

I had a burst of very good weight loss first up, but overall, I was a slow loser, I lost about 75lb the first year, 25 the next year and another 20 over the following four years - and I can tell you I couldnt care less now how fast I lost it - its gone and that's all that counts. Every stage along the way is enjoyable, so dont worry about how fast its coming off unless you're really not happy with the sort of effort you're putting in and know you could do a lot better.

I am 4 yrs out and i am slow due to me being not doing the band right. last year i had a unfil of 4 cc gained back several lbs, got filled 7 wks ago this coming wed. 1st 4 weeks lost 19, last 3 wks i have bounced between 234 230, 232, etc. cannot get out of the 230's. this happen to me last year and i just gave up. i am wierd: if the scale can move i stay motivated, when it stalls for wks i just give up. i really want to do this, this time. i need suggestions. i exercise, eat right, have plenty of Water, Protein etc.

A piece of advice about the scale Put it in the closet ! It's addicting, and disappointing the Majoriety of the time...

Try it 1 x a month always at the same time like the 1st. ! Then only get weighed by your Doctors, and get a purse calendar, and record your weight.

In time you will go back and see, your success.

My surgeon told me to do this, and he was right ! It was hard ! But it is the best thing besided being banded, that I could have done... (I THREW THE DAM THING OUT !) and he was delighted.

I thought he was crazy, but crazy like a Fox instead...

Try it ! you might see some results if you keep plugging along, instead of stalling out, because you are worried about what the scale reads...

Think about the inches, and clothes sizes that you will lose instead.

Shirley.

babyrn: You have done a nice job at your weight loss Congrats :thumbup: .

That's a big plus for the Newbie, and your right about the ones being Disappointed..

We have a job to do with this Band, and if we don't do it,,, it's not going to happen. You know that, and that's why you are successful. You Go Fellow Bandster.

Patience and Consistency is the key...

Keep up the Great Work ! I think you might have made your point CHRYSTAL CLEAR !

Good Health To You, Shirley.