Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats a good protein powder?

Need to start trying some Protein powders and would love to hear what is GOOD what is OK and what is plain out NASTY???

Thanks

Beth

After my pre-op and post-op diets I couldn't even look at a Protein shake! I just started again with the Unjury chocolate Splendor in the mornings. I put it in a glass of milk and it tastes just like chocolate milk. 20 grams of protein per scoop. It is really the only one I like. :D

Everyone has different tastes... my husband and I love this one, Optimum Nutrition 100% whey Gold Standard in Double Rich chocolate. 24g Protein per scoop, low in carbs, no funky aftertaste.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Double-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315410838&sr=8-1

I also have the vanilla Ice Cream flavor. I like it, my husband doesn't. I don't think I'd order it again.

I like Syntrax nectar. Best flavors for me are chocolate Truffle, Fuzzy Navel and Roadside Lemonade. I add some Crystal Light to the Fuzzy Navel and Lemonade to intensify the flavor. Fuzzy Navel is like Orange juice and Lemonade of course tastes like Lemonade.

I've used the Unjury chocolate splendor and it was good, but I really like the Chocolate flavor from The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet (www.chocmilkdiet.com) better. Tastes yummy! They have chocolate and vanilla flavors, both good.

If you like vanilla, I really liked the Jay Robb vanilla better than the Unjury vanilla. I've also bought Unjury unflavored to add to different things, and the Unjury chicken Soup flavor to use when on liquid diet. Sometimes I add the unflavored to my cup of soup/soup at hand and it ups the Protein without tasting funny.

You really have to experiment with different flavors. Both the Unjury and the Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet sell sample packets...and my local grocery store sells many flavors of single-serve Jay Robb.

I'm not a fan of the fruit flavored ones, to me they taste too sweet, but I know a lot of people like them. Maybe I've tried the wrong ones! Syntrax sells a sample pack of their fruity flavors but you don't get to choose, they just send you a few different ones. A few I threw away since they weren't things I'd normally like.

I've also only bought powder, never the pre-made. Some people swear by Isopure but I've never gotten brave enough to try it. I'm so scared to waste money!! I stick with what I know I like!!

Good luck!!

A friend of mine swears by Champion Protien powder. It can be bought at discount at www.allstarhealth.com.

you should check out for perfect RX protien powder,

I am on the fasting pre-surg diet and struggling with this myself.... I have been drinking the MUSCLE MILK LITE, which is just this side of gross.

I will try a few that have been suggested!

Thanks!

I like syntax for flavored shakes (which I can't take much of these days, being that I just got past the liquid phase), and Isopure has an UNFLAVORED Protein Powder that I love because I can add it to salty foods. I've been adding it to Soups, my mushies, cream of wheat. You can hardly tell (and sometimes can't tell at all) that it's there... It's got no carbs and I believe 26g protein/scoop. I even add half a scoop to a Tall Decaf LIGHT coffee frappuchino (which I love and which is only 90 calories). You can't tell it's in there and so I even get my coffee treat/snack with extra Protein. It's pricey but worth the money, especially if you're sick of the sweet stuff.

Isopure is the best. The pre made bottles taste just like fruit punch or Kool-Aid. But they are a little pricey, about $4/btl. The powder isn't bad either.

0 Fat, 0 Carbs 40 grams of protein(powder has 50! Per serving)

Try a bottle, better than all the rest.