Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food have you sworn off for good??

OMG!!! :omg: I am in agony right now!!!! I had one of those little tuna kits and I put extra mayo in it to get it a bit more wet and oh holy sh#%!!!! BAM! I had the pain in my back and in my chest...it got STUCK!!! :faint: I was able to eat about half of the tuna mix and then 1/2 of one cracker. I have been walking around my office for 15 minutes breathing and stretching and I think I have finally gotten some relief!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! Tuna is so off my list of foods!!!!! Boy did my fill from last week ever kick in!!! :omg:

So what food(s) have you sworn off???

I can tolerate a little bit of bread, not much. And I do break up a couple of crackers and put them in my soup...no flour tortillas....that's another one!

I know what you mean about the cakes but Dr. Spivak did tell us at his seminar that we would be able to eat cake and chips and that those types of foods would go right down and to avoid them. grrrrr :angry that sucks! I am a pastry girl....it is killing me worse than anything!

Nope not this girl, can't stay away from the cake or the pie... I just eat the cake and skip the food... I know, I know that's not in the bandster rules... But hey life is crazy enough as it is, I eat cake to stay sane.....

Even though its not good for me, hey at least now I only eat a slice, used to could eat half a darn cake...

Its weird but since going on Atkins and eating really small portions (trying too) when I over eat now I actually get stuck! And I am not even banded. It makes me realize it will happen more often after I get the band and I have to get used to chewing a lot and eating slow. I got stuck the other day with a steak fajita. holy crap my chest hurt! And I had to stretch on the floor and roll around. My kids thought I was playing and jumped on me. LOL not good.

I can only imagine how bad it will be when I am banded. I have already sworn off bread because of the atkins diet. I think that might be a good thing to get used to if eating bread when banded is tough.

Biscuits. I had them twice since banded and both times they got stuck...and I'm not even properly restricted. Anything else I have no problems with:cry

I had to get rid of the devil....soda! I love love love love love my soda, and I haven't had any since my surgery. It's very depressing!:think

Oysters. I'm just afraid to try them. I don't like them unless they are steamed and on a saltine with cocktail sauce. I just can't bring myself to risk it, and the thought of chewing it for more than 4-5 chews...nah. Oh well.

I can do bread. I avoid tortillas for the most part though, and I LOVE tortillas. If I couldn't substitute chips I'd be sunk.

tuna salad is difficult, I haven't eaten it in a while.

Know what's hard lately? Cottage cheese. That makes no sense to me but if I have a bite bigger than a toddler spoon it hurts. So, oh well. I avoid that, too.

I am staying away from 'ALL' food. I am gonna fast forever.

Food is da debil!!

I CAN eat it all. LOOL that is what happens when you don't have a band anymore. I wish I couldn't eat some of those foods again. SIGH!!

My dad's Chex Mix he makes at Christmas.

Not because it got stuck or it made me PB or anything. But because after eating a bowl of it, I gained like 2 pounds (salt and Water retention anyone?) and i HATE it when the scale goes the wrong way.