Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Like to make a few extra bucks writing about the Lap-Band?

Looking for just a few people who know how to write and are willing to write about something they feel strong about.....The Lap-Band.

If you feel strong about the process you went through and think that you would be able to write a few dozen 500-1000 word articles (topics will be provided)

I would be interested in hearing from you via a private message.

Thanks

Joe

(5 year Lap-Band Patient lost over 73 lbs)

Still looking for people,

Had three show interest but then never contacted me.

Looking for just a few people who know how to write and are willing to write about something they feel strong about.....The Lap-Band.

If you feel strong about the process you went through and think that you would be able to write a few dozen 500-1000 word articles (topics will be provided)

Thanks

Joe

Still looking for people,

Had three show interest but then never contacted me.

Well, Joe, I mean no disrespect, but to be totally frank:

You aren't providing any details at all in your request, so I, for one, am immediately skeptical. I'm sure I'm not alone. The Internet is filled with scammers who only want to take advantage of unsuspecting folks, and I'm sure others here are wondering what angle you're working. You don't say anything about who you are, or what it is you're trying to produce. How will these articles be used? Is it a one-time publication, or something that will be used in perpetuity? What kind of money are you offering to pay? Will the writer's full name be attached to the article, or will it be one of those "first name, last initial" testimonial things? Will the writer retain copyright ownership of their work, or would they have to give that up? Some bandsters are quite shy about publicly admitting they've had surgery, so without knowing what wll happen to them or their identity, it's not at all surprising that you've had little response to your request.

I'm a published author, and I'm interested, but not until/unless more details are provided.

Dave

well stated Dave_NW I second your comments.

What I find unusual is that you want a public disclosure.

Let me be clear, I have money/employment to pay people to write for my business.

My business and the details of what you would be doing are available to you if you are interested you can send me a private message and I will answer all your questions via private message.

It's not multi-level marketing, its not terrorist abduction of children, you write about what you know I pay you. You stop writing then I don't pay you anymore.

I am not going to disclose the details of the employment in a public forum as that would be disrespectful to the owner of this system and folks who may be interested in the project.

When a job is posted on Monster,com do you demand that the offer of salary and details of benefits all be negotiated in a public forum?

Here is the downside of you showing interest, you write me a 500 word article on Lap-Band Pre-Op diet and I don't pay you. 20 minutes of your life wasted.

Here is the upside, you write, I pay, you write, I pay, you write I pay and at any time in the process ether of us can stop.

So Dave, bottom line, you are a published author, you are not who I want working for me because you need credit, bylines, copyrights etc and what I need is someone who can write 500 words on what losing 100 lbs has done for them and their family with no attribution, no copyrights, no bylines, no testimonials, what it does come with is compensation.

And no disrespect to you but I have been a member of this community for half a decade and it was not all a deep sinister plan to this week spring a evil plot to offer to pay people to write about the Lap-Band so I could not pay them.

So to all the other non-skeptics, if you are interested send me a private message and I will give you all the details and answer any questions you have and I will not steal your children, kidnap your dog or come to your house and steal your socks.what I will do is pay you to write short articles about the Lap-Band and related subjects while Dave and Jack figure out if there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll.

well stated Dave_NW I second your comments.

Thank you, Joe, for at least answering a portion of my questions. I hope you find people who are willing to provide what you're looking for. My point in asking what I did was to try and help generate some interest in your project. Your reply demonstrates to me that whatever it is you're trying to produce isn't something I'd be interested in supporting, even without your sarcastic response to my sincere post. Considering the thousands of people who read this forum, and the meager response you've received, obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Best regards,

Dave

Funny, since my response I signed up two folks and if you are implying that thousands have read my offer, I'd have to disagree.

My sarcastic response was in response to your alarmist response. You were not trying to generate interest, you were implying that I was trying to put something over on people, You could have just asked your questions without implying something sinister was afoot. Clearly without your comments, I may have had four people writing instead of two.

If you think you were helping, then trust me, no one needs help like yours.

You are the guy who walks up to his buddy and says "Hey glad to hear you have your crabs are cured in a room full of women."

"I was just trying to tell everyone you weren't infected anymore so they would go out with you"

THANKS PAL!

Thank you, Joe, for at least answering a portion of my questions. I hope you find people who are willing to provide what you're looking for. My point in asking what I did was to try and help generate some interest in your project. Your reply demonstrates to me that whatever it is you're trying to produce isn't something I'd be interested in supporting, even without your sarcastic response to my sincere post. Considering the thousands of people who read this forum, and the meager response you've received, obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Best regards,

Dave

Let's see how you were so helpful in trying to generate interest:

"You aren't providing any details at all in your request, so I, for one, am immediately skeptical."

The word skeptical" makes people want to get involved, thanks for that!

"I'm sure I'm not alone."

Not likely anyone trusts you - Great thanks again

The Internet is filled with scammers who only want to take advantage of unsuspecting folks

But hey you aren't a scammer or taking advantage, just wanted to mention that to help raise your credibility - THANKS AGAIN for your help in generating interest

, and I'm sure others here are wondering what angle you're working.

Working an angle? That's a phrase that generates interest, this guy is working an angle work for him! - You are SO HELPFUL

Want to help? Don't!

Have three writers engaged, looking for one more.

Thanks

Joe

I understand why dave was leery, but I have looked into this, submitted a couple of articles, and have been paid. Its not huge amounts of money but its nice for some extra spending cash :)

And you are a real good writer just FYI!

:)

I understand why dave was leery, but I have looked into this, submitted a couple of articles, and have been paid. Its not huge amounts of money but its nice for some extra spending cash :)

Hello,

If you are still looking for people to write about the Lap Band, I am available, I am a writer myself. My lap band story id not all happiness and butterflies. This has been the absolute worst most painful experience of my entire life. I would love to share my story and how I am dealing with it.

Jenean

Thanks

Joe

Please send me your email address via PM so we can discuss

Hello,

If you are still looking for people to write about the Lap Band, I am available, I am a writer myself. My lap band story id not all happiness and butterflies. This has been the absolute worst most painful experience of my entire life. I would love to share my story and how I am dealing with it.

Jenean

I might be willing to do this if you provided more information. That being said I would like to point out a couple observations that I had. First of all, you said that you have been a member here for over 5 years. In that 5 years you have made 23 posts...8 of which are in this thread. So while you have been a registered user, you haven't really a member. Secondly, I visited the web site you listed in your profile. lapbanddoctorreview.com. I clicked on my state (Michigan) and the top rated doctor has ZERO reviews and ZERO ratings. I think I'm gonna stay on the skepticism wagon with Dave and Jack!

Thanks for visiting my new website, the key word being NEW.

I did not see your review of your doctor in Michigan so until you participate he will remain at zero reviews. Same like when Lapbandtalk started, there were no messages, someone had to jump in and say something. Ready to jump in?

As for the writing opportunity as you read from previous messages in this thread be skeptical all you want but I have all the writers I need now and they are all working and being paid.

If you would like to as well send me a PM with your email address and I will send you one (and only one) email with the details and if someone drops out you can jump in, Ready to Jump in?

See the way I see it. writing articles gets you paid AND helps others considering the surgery, going to my website and reviewing your doctor also helps others, but when you are forever a skeptic and trust no one, then you also HELP no one. Ready to jump in and help someone?

The amount of my posts here has nothing to do with my honesty. If you are looking for a reference, ask the person who runs/owns this website. My money made a major contribution to this website, know why? Because I jumped in !!

And dont you think the skeptism is a little late when someone already posted in this thread that they are working for me and getting paid or are you skeptical of them also?

Have a nice day!

I might be willing to do this if you provided more information. That being said I would like to point out a couple observations that I had. First of all, you said that you have been a member here for over 5 years. In that 5 years you have made 23 posts...8 of which are in this thread. So while you have been a registered user, you haven't really a member. Secondly, I visited the web site you listed in your profile. lapbanddoctorreview.com. I clicked on my state (Michigan) and the top rated doctor has ZERO reviews and ZERO ratings. I think I'm gonna stay on the skepticism wagon with Dave and Jack!