Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm freaking at a plateau............

Hello all,

Sooo....for the past three..yes THREE weeks, I have been stuck at the same stinking weight at 240.1...it is BEYOND annoying and I am so ready to get past this.

Any ideas on how to overcome the plateau?

I'm working out an hour a day for 5 days (2 rest days)

I'm eating healthy

Lots of Protein

Low carbs.

So..WTH? Help me pleaseeeeeee.

How many calories a day are you eating? You might need to eat more.

Also, are you varying your exercise? Trying something new or different for a few days.

Say strong! Power through it.

I feel ur pain! I to have been stuck @ 240.2 since the first part of the month :(. I went & got a fill yest b/c my doc says if u don't loose for 4 wks straight it's prob time for a fill.... Hoping it helps me.

i've got the same challenge! I always figured a plateau would come but I didn't realise it would be this frustrating.

Hello all,

Sooo....for the past three..yes THREE weeks, I have been stuck at the same stinking weight at 240.1...it is BEYOND annoying and I am so ready to get past this.

I'm eating healthy

Lots of Protein

Low carbs.

Babs, you have lost 42 pounds in 3 months. That's great. Plateaus happen. Your body is just adjusting to everything you're putting it through. With all the exercise, you are building muscle which weighs more than fat. Are your clothes getting looser? I bet if you take your measurements you will find that you have lost inches. If it helps, at 3 months I had lost 56 pounds (15 was pre-op). Then I gained 5 pounds and at 4 months I was still at 56 pounds lost. So you seem to be exactly at the same place that I was at the same time. I know it can be stressful but relax. Just keep doing what you're doing. It will pick back up...I promise. You're doing great!!!

Time and patience, usually. I'll continue saying this...maybe one day it'll stick: weight-loss is not linear nor constant. You'll lose some weeks, some weeks you won't, some weeks you'll see a gain on the scale. In the end you could be eating too little or too much, it's hard to say without you giving a calorie range and what type of exercise you're doing. Or maybe your body is just at a recomping phase, again, hard to say without the right information.

Give it some time, maybe switch things up in the exercise regimen and see what it does for you. Remember a decrease on the scale only means a loss of mass, not fat. Have your clothing sizes changed? If so focus more on that.

PS. Muscle does not weigh more than fat nor are you building much muscle from regular exercise. Muscle mass only comes from eating above your calorie limit and lifting heavy.

Hello! To answer your questions, I am eating 1,200 calories a day. My form of exercise is a turbo kick boxing class at 24 hour fitness. Maybe I do need to spice up my work outs. I figured since the instructors are all different, each day the workouts are different and it's a fact. It really is.

My clothing size has actually changed! I posted a NSV a week ago about going from a size 24 to an 18. So I do feel it in inches. I just hate how the scale doesn't go hand in hand with it.

And thank you for all of your encouragement and kind words. I really needed this support.

<3

I had to stop focusing on the numbers the scale shows...it was driving me insane, causing me to want to throw in the towel. Now I pick out a goal outfit, give myself time to get there. Once I )achieve that outfit (size, style, whatever) I pick another. So now rather than having a goal weight, I have a goal outfit to achieve. It has really helped me.

Reverie, muscle density is 1.06 g/ml. Fat is .9 g/ml. Which means muscle is about 18 percent denser, and thus heavier, than fat.

Reverie, muscle density is 1.06 g/ml. Fat is .9 g/ml. Which means muscle is about 18 percent denser, and thus heavier, than fat.

Volume =/= weight. Muscle takes up less space which means one will look leaner. So yes, from a volume standard you are correct, from a pure weight vs. weight, you're not.

In any case the OP is not building muscle, so when someone sees the scale up using the "it's muscle" answer valid at all

Not to come off as rude but this is a big pet-peeve of mine. People don't pack on muscle overnight nor in a week's worth of exercise..which is more than likely cardio.

my surgeon's nurse told me that it takes about 2 months for the scale to "catch up" to the inches lost. so sometimes you will not see the scale move, but the inches are going away. i know it can be frustrating. i have not lost anything in the past 2 weeks, but my clothes are super loose. change up your workout routine, do something different with the workouts a couple of days a week to see if that helps. sometimes our muscles get "stagnant" with the same routine.

Well, obviously its not weight vs weight!!!!! A pound is a pound is a pound! A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of concrete. The question is how much space that pound takes up. No one said that muscle mass was built over night or in a week.

Hello all,

I'm eating healthy

Lots of Protein

Low carbs.

240 must be the magic number. I really wish could get past it too. This Monday I was 238.5. But I fluctate at 239-240! I don't wanna see 240 again!

Last week I got past 240 by Increasing my Fluid intake. I was not drinking the recommended amount of Water. I also went back to good old fashion walking 3-4 mile a day instead of the Zumba and other classes that I did during the week and that got me to 238 in 4 days. I was eating only 700-900 calories a day. The Water filled me up and I was less hungry.

Time and patience, usually. I'll continue saying this...maybe one day it'll stick: weight-loss is not linear nor constant. You'll lose some weeks, some weeks you won't, some weeks you'll see a gain on the scale. In the end you could be eating too little or too much, it's hard to say without you giving a calorie range and what type of exercise you're doing. Or maybe your body is just at a recomping phase, again, hard to say without the right information.

Give it some time, maybe switch things up in the exercise regimen and see what it does for you. Remember a decrease on the scale only means a loss of mass, not fat. Have your clothing sizes changed? If so focus more on that.

PS. Muscle does not weigh more than fat nor are you building much muscle from regular exercise. Muscle mass only comes from eating above your calorie limit and lifting heavy.

Muscle is denser than fat. This is a fact. Do a Water test if you don't believe it.

Well, obviously its not weight vs weight!!!!! A pound is a pound is a pound! A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of concrete. The question is how much space that pound takes up. No one said that muscle mass was built over night or in a week.

Then why suggest the scale isn't moving because she's gaining muscle? :lol: Lord.