Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not having to shop at the "fat girl" store!

I am reading more topics and seeing that someone my size 3x top 26/28 jeans say that their are now shopping at The Gap.... normal stores. That seems so weird to me...

I was born fat! I only know FAT GIRL sizes! I can't wait to feel... i guess you would say "normal"

Shop anywhere because all stores have your size... I have never been able to do that! I cant wait!!!!

I was banded 6/8/11 and within the last few weeks I am able to stop on the "normal" size side of a few stores! Its a great feeling!!

I was banded 6/8/11 and within the last few weeks I am able to stop on the "normal" size side of a few stores! Its a great feeling!!

LOL thats awesome!!

I totally understand and I am right with ya! Can't wait

I tried on a size 14 in DEB last night. It fit and felt sooooooo good!

I am reading more topics and seeing that someone my size 3x top 26/28 jeans say that their are now shopping at The Gap.... normal stores. That seems so weird to me...

I was born fat! I only know FAT GIRL sizes! I can't wait to feel... i guess you would say "normal"

Shop anywhere because all stores have your size... I have never been able to do that! I cant wait!!!!

I too was shopping in the top size 3x sometimes 4x jeans size 26/28, now I am in a size 12 jeans and a med/large top depending where I but them...don't stop dreaming it will happen.

I can't wait for that! I started out 26/28 3X and I haven't really bought much but I did try on a sundress last month that was a size 18/20 that actually fit! WOOHOO! I can only imagine how I will feel when I get to the "normal" store sizes! :lol:

Ladies I can tell you from experience it feels FANTASTIC!!! :) I started at a size 32 and could only shop at Catherine's or Fashion Bug (because they're the only stores that carry up to a 32). I'm now in between a 14 & 16. I just bought 2 pairs of size 14 jeans at Old Navy...I don't fit into them yet but I've been trying to shed my 16's for months now so I needed some motivation and they were on sale. ;) The first time I tried on a pair of jeans at Old Navy (about a year and a half ago) I bawled my eyes out right there in the dressing room. People looked at me like I was crazy but I didn't care! Now I can shop anywhere I want! I can go shopping with my girlfriends and we can shop IN THE SAME STORES! That's never been the case for me, and I love it! My entire life I've watched all my friends go into stores I couldn't go into, and gotten weird looks when I stepped foot in those stores. Now I've become a bit of a shopping addict. haha. Keep working those bands girls, you'll be out of Lane Bryant before you know it! :)

It's a beautiful thing! Last time I went to Dot's, I couldn't help popping in next door at Catherine's and saying, "Hi, girls. Remember me?" LOL

Good thread girls....uplifting and positive.....does a lot for the mind. In my whole teen and adult life I was only able to shop in regular stores for about 1 year. I can't wait to shop in regular stores again. I can't wait to be able to shop again (plantar fasciitis makes it hard to shop for even an hour right now). I can't wait to be able to share clothes with some of my friends. I can't wait to shop in my own closet.....so many sizes in there.....lol. This time the plus clothes will be donated when I'm done with them!

I can't wait to bid farewell to Lane Bryant!!!! 2 more sizes to go and I can be "regular" again!!!

In April I was a six 26 now I am a 16! The hardest part is your mind....I keep looking over at the plus size clothes thinking oh that's cute and have to remind myself that I cannot wear them anymore. I check out clearance racks and see cute things and for the first time in 30 years I can say, oh that's to big. I am now buying 14 when I shop so I have somethings in the next size! Also looking a the waist in pants is a trip, your mind thinks that looks to small for me and you try it on and it fits! It sure makes you feel great as you go down sizes and is a great motivation for me to keep going! I keep teasing my 18 year old daughter that she better watch out I may borrow something from her closet soon!! she is a 10/12! All I can say is enjoy every minute of it!!

:DHaha THANK YOU ladies..you just made me smile...I have gone from a size tight 24 pants and 3x tops to a size 18pants and XL top...I was so excited to go to the "normal" Maurices (not the plus size store) and be able to purchase something for myself. I have been going to the goodwill and purchasing pants in a size 12 new as an incentive to get to my desired size...Keep up the good work my fellow bandsters, you make this ride more enjoyable :D

I can't wait.

This is a wonderful topic because like all of you, I have not been able to shop in the "normal" stores for a long time since I was 14 years old. Now I am 27 and I can't wait to step foot in stores like NineWest, Victoria secret(I only got perfume before), GAP, Talberts, etc... In March of this year I was wearing 4x and 26/28 which were a little snug. Now in August I have been getting into some 22 pants and 2x shirts. One blouse I put on was an 18/20. Its weird right now because my size is all over the place. Its weird because I am wearing things in my closet that I have not worn in over 5 years. I am glad I kept them because I wouldnot have anything to wear right now.

My goal is to be a size 10/12 dress/pants and med/large blouse and to not have wide shoes.

The personal goal that I have met is that, I CAN WEAR MY HIGH HEELS AGAIN, YAYY!!!! Now I still keep a pair of flats around just in case.

Good Luck to Everyone!!! :)

Lapband with Gastric Plication

April 11 2011

Starting Weight 355

Goal Weight 145

weight.png