Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Fill Bandsters

Just looking for some other bandsters that still have no fills or started late in the process in getting fills. I had my surgery on May 13th, 2011 and I have seen my surgeon 3 times since and haven't had a fill yet. I am not scheduled to see him until October, unless I want to come in earlier. As he told me, "I feel good on where you are going, I feel ok in letting you loose".

I feel I have good restriction. I cut out a lot of crap from my diet (Bad / White Carbs, Sugar, Processed food, Deep Fried Food) and working out a lot. I am not losing weight fast (losing a lot of inches though and gaining a lot of muscle) but I am continually seeing the scale drop...I want to avoid fills as long as I can. Not afraid of them at all but I figure I have this band inside of me for life, there is plenty of time for fills.

What are your non-fill stories? How long did last without a fill and what was your keys to success in losing weight without fills.

Hi,

I was banded December 9, 2010. No fill. I've lost 85 pounds since and am still going strong. I am training for my first triathlon and running/weight lifting six days a week. All I've done was begin eating healthy and for fuel, followed my doctor's orders and I make the decision every day to do what is best for my body. I still have about 40 pounds to go but this doesn't feel like a diet anymore... it feels like what is best for me and for once in my life, I am committed to doing what is best for me physically. It's a whole new world!

It's not hard once you commit to it. There are several no fill people on the board and I think we all seem to have the same perspective on this journey.

Best wishes!

Hi,

I was banded December 9, 2010. No fill. I've lost 85 pounds since and am still going strong. I am training for my first triathlon and running/weight lifting six days a week. All I've done was begin eating healthy and for fuel, followed my doctor's orders and I make the decision every day to do what is best for my body. I still have about 40 pounds to go but this doesn't feel like a diet anymore... it feels like what is best for me and for once in my life, I am committed to doing what is best for me physically. It's a whole new world!

It's not hard once you commit to it. There are several no fill people on the board and I think we all seem to have the same perspective on this journey.

Best wishes!

I admire you both for your committment to healthy eating and exercise. You both encouraged me and I thank you.

Melinda

Hi Jacob,

I had surgery May 23rd and do not have a fill. I don't have a lot of restriction and I could eat as much as I wanted if I let myself. But if I stick to my right portions and follow the instructions, then I am not hungry in between meals, which is what I want. I eat 1100-1200 calories a day. (We are friends on myfitnesspal so you can see my diaries) I dont ever get "full", but I am satisfied. I've never been stuck, I've never thrown up. I saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago and together we decided on no fill because right now things seem to be working. I'm losing weight consistently and do not get hungry.

That doesn't mean that sometimes I dont crave food or that I dont want to use food in the destructive ways I used to. I have "head hunger" all the time. It is as much a mental game as it is a physical one. But without the physical hunger, I am able to talk myself out of the mental stuff.

I'm plan on getting a fill when one of 2 things happens...

1) I start getting physically hungry in between meals

2) If I start eating larger and larger amounts of food or start binging (had problems with binging for many, many years)

Take care!!smile.gif

I'm 8 months out and I only had one tiny fill at 5 months, which really didn't do anything, so I feel like I have no fill. I've never gotten stuck or PB'd or anything. I can eat a larger portion, but feel very uncomfortable when I do, and there is no way I could eat as much as I could pre band in one sitting.

I got the small fill originally because I was getting hungry more often, but it didn't really change anything except the fact that it seems like post the fill if I try to eat a normal Breakfast I feel overly full, so I've just started doing Protein shakes.

I've been bouncing between 3 pounds since just before I went on vacation 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've been eating the same and working out the same, but nothing is working. I decreased my carbs 2 days ago, so we'll see what happens with that. I also ordered a body media fit, so we'll see what that tells me. I'm wondering if it has to do with stress/depression. I've been both stressed and depressed about my dog. She has cancer and is urinating all over my house, so I've been having issues with that.

Sorry to go off subject. But yeah, basically no fill, and even though I get hungry and i'm plateauing I'm not sure if a fill would really help. Water tides me over, and I stick to the portions, so I don't need to feel more restricted. And frankly I do not want to have to say goodbye to certain foods.

I am only 2 months out today and I do not have a fill. I have only been to the doctor's once since surgery and we decided on no fill. I was losing and not hungry. I go back on Monday and have a feeling it is going to be the same. I still have no hunger between meals and I am still losing. I cannot help you that much because I think we are in the same boat. Not sure what they are going to say on Monday, but I am curious if they do not do a fill when they will want to see me again! Keep up all the good work!

My surgery was May 26, 2011 and I don't have a fill. I am very much like you...as long as I am losing and staying satisfied between meals, I don't want a fill. I want to leave the fill for when I stop losing. Never had anything stuck, no pbing or sliming... life is good.

My surgery was Dec 2nd, 2010 and didn't get my first (and only) fill until March. The only reason I had a fill was because I was getting hungry about an hour after eating and the fill took care of that. I have some restriction (and gave since surgery) but I still weigh and measure everything I eat. I've lost 101 lbs so I'm happy with the way things are going and have no plans for another fill.

I was banded on June 8th of this year and have not had a fill yet. I do not feel restriction but I follow the very strict rules set out by my surgeon & dietician and the weight has been coming off without a problem and I am able to stay full for a few hours between meals. I feel the same as you, I am going to have this for the rest of my life so no need to rush into fills if they arent necessary.

Wow. I am so happy that so many of you are feeling the same way I am. No offense to anyone, but when you read on the boards and everyone talks about fills ans the "Sweet Spot", I was wondering if I was doing things right or wrong.

I don't expect this lap band to do the work for me, just help me out a bit. It is my reminder that to stick with this and keep myself motivated. If I had to have surgery to lose weight that means I had something seriously wrong and I am doing everything in my power to remedy that without a tight band.

I don't want to vomit (haven't vomited once since surgery), I don't want to PB or to have acid reflux. Sometimes there seems like more complications with being filled than it is worth....

Thank you all for your comments. It makes have some hope in this :)

Wow. I am so happy that so many of you are feeling the same way I am. No offense to anyone, but when you read on the boards and everyone talks about fills ans the "Sweet Spot", I was wondering if I was doing things right or wrong.

I don't expect this lap band to do the work for me, just help me out a bit. It is my reminder that to stick with this and keep myself motivated. If I had to have surgery to lose weight that means I had something seriously wrong and I am doing everything in my power to remedy that without a tight band.

I don't want to vomit (haven't vomited once since surgery), I don't want to PB or to have acid reflux. Sometimes there seems like more complications with being filled than it is worth....

Thank you all for your comments. It makes have some hope in this :)

I agree with you! I was worried was about not having fills because of what people say on here. I went to the surgeon yesterday and he also does not want to see me until October and I have no fills, but they did tell me if I felt I needed one, I could call and get an appt!

Hi everyone, so happy to read this post. I too have had no fills, I am almost 3 mos out 8/15/11. i have lost 32 pounds and still losing (2.66lb per week). I eat 1200-1700 cal. a day, I play tennis and walk alot. i log my food everyday. I do feel restriction and have slimmed a couple of times from eating too fast. I have only 30 pounds to go and here is my concern: What if after I lose all this weight I cannot stop losing? I figure I will just drink ensure or eat more calories. However, I do get full fast and it does get painfull if i eat too much. I was hoping someone would tell me if they have hit thier goal with a fill and NOW what!! Thank you all so much for your advice. Have a wonderful day!!

And congrats to all of you!!

weight.png

Hi unfilled friends ;)

I am 6 months out and I have lost 79.8 pounds with no fill.

Just had a doctor visit this morning and he agreed that I do not need a fill at this time and he doesn't want to see me again until after the new year unless i think i need a fill.

I know that eventually, i'll probably have to get one, but for now i'm in my own personal green zone and i just don't need or want one. i hope to continue to be unfilled for as long as i have the band. that is my goal.

Just looking for some other bandsters that still have no fills or started late in the process in getting fills. I had my surgery on May 13th, 2011 and I have seen my surgeon 3 times since and haven't had a fill yet. I am not scheduled to see him until October, unless I want to come in earlier. As he told me, "I feel good on where you are going, I feel ok in letting you loose".

I feel I have good restriction. I cut out a lot of crap from my diet (Bad / White Carbs, Sugar, Processed food, Deep Fried Food) and working out a lot. I am not losing weight fast (losing a lot of inches though and gaining a lot of muscle) but I am continually seeing the scale drop...I want to avoid fills as long as I can. Not afraid of them at all but I figure I have this band inside of me for life, there is plenty of time for fills.

What are your non-fill stories? How long did last without a fill and what was your keys to success in losing weight without fills.

I am to goal with losing 90 pounds. I have been banded for 3 years, this coming Christmas and NO FILLS. It does happen to a few of us and I have no explanation of why some people need fills and some do not. Good luck and enjoy the ride.