Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February's Chat

My 32 year old Stepson Brian has been diagnosed with Neurofibroma. It is a mass of cells that is usually malignant. It isn't what this time, it is where. From the MRI they are seeing has it sitting on C2 / C3 of the spinal cord.

He lives in a small community outside Seattle called Bellingham. He definitely needs surgery, but we have encouranged him to get more then one opinion. My DH will fly out and I will do what ever is needed,, babysit grandkids, go for moral support, stay home and watch the home front....one of those situation where you need to follow the need....

Also, This morning I was informed a close friend from highschool lost his 18 yr old daughter in an auto accident last night in West Haven, Connecticut... Sad. His only child.

But for the grace of go I....

Going to move a muscle and change a thought....

kisses,

d

Hello Y'all!

I have been running errands, then got my walk in (:clap2: :clap2: :confused: ) and now I have to get busy cleaning house. I swear my DH is worse than 5 kids put together!:help:

Doc - My thoughts and prayers are with you! Let us know how things are going. I agree, he definately needs more than one opinion.

Pat - I love games too, and I don't dare go there or I would never get anything else done! Sounds like fun though. I use incredimail, I love it! Tell your DH to forget Florida, come to Texas! You have a lot of gals here you could visit!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: We have lots of golf courses here, and it don't rain/storm quite as much!:heh:

Trish - Good luck on your test today! I'll keep all my body parts crossed for you!:heh: :heh: :heh:

Eileen - Do they have you locked up today????? Calling Eileen, come out and play~:confused: :D :D

Kelly - Glad to hear you are getting some time for yourself and Dylan. :D

Dianne - How's the itching today???? Hope you are lots better!:confused:

Cindy - Miss Hunter Woman! How's it going today?

Anne - I bet you are sleeping much better now that you got the good news!

Sherry - How's the eating going?

Beannie - Any news on the job front?

Patty - Are you officially hired yet? By the way, did you ever open the mystery box?

Well, got to get busy, the day is half over and I haven't done much of anything. I want to get the rooms swept, and I want some time outside in the sun! It is so pretty today! (Sorry Kelly, sending you some warm winds)

Later!

Hi everyone!

Beanie...I THINK Bubble and Squeak is sausage and potatoes in England? Do tell! Your dedication to the gym is commendable! I wish I were like that. I love the little story you made up with me vs. the pizza!

Dianne - I am so sorry about the rash/itching! I get that from the tape sometimes, or from morphine. The steroids should do the trick...are you taking a dose-pack? Sometimes these drugs will make it hard for you to sleep, so one of my doctors told me to modify the schedule...usually, you take some in the morning, some at lunch, some at dinner...but he told me to take all of them before 3PM. It worked, and I didn't have sleep problems. I hope you are feeling much better, fast!

Doc - you and family are in my prayers. I am really sorry that you are going to have to experience all this pain and worry. Please keep us informed.

Trish - hope you did well on your test! Sounds tough!

Betty - glad you got to walk yesterday when it was so pretty! I hear we're in for a rainy weekend.

I'm supposed to have a new little great-niece today...my niece went to the hospital this morning to be induced...I haven't heard anything yet!

Today is Girl Scouts, and American Idol...I have to miss the 1st 30 minutes of AI, but it's easy to catch up.

How goes it with all of you?

Hugs to all, Cindy

Hey Guys

Wazzzup?!?

Dianne - I hope that rash clears up soon. I beg to differ with your doc. I think it COULD be adhesive reaction. I had that on only 2 of five scars... the other three were just peachy. The rash behind your ear screams allergic reaction - but not to any adhesive. I think you must be allergic to something they gave you for the surgery. I hope it all clears up SOON and you can get on to healing and weight loss. (((HUGS)))

Betty - who won? I wish I could go out walking today... It is hot and sticky at my desk, and I know it must be nicer outside than sitting here! Gosh, it has been so long since I thought about that position I interviewed for... my understanding is that after they posted, they had to retract it due to budget constraints. I heard a rumor that I was in line for one of the spots if the budget ever opens up - but right now, it hasn't - and who knows if that rumor is accurate. I just keep on doing my thang... I had my review today, and my immediate supervisor had nice things to say - so apparently my Thang meets expectations... :]

Trish, I surely hope you passed that test with flying colors!! Sorry about the Taco thing... I just Jones for those every so often. I don't want to live in a world without tacos...

Donna - I am thinking good thoughts for you and your stepson. Definitely get a second and even a third opinion. Someone out there must be able to operate and remove the cluster... Miracles can happen. Maybe it will be in the small percent of cases where they AREN'T malignant. Try to stay positive. I know that must be hard in the face of the other news from your friend. Big Hugs. Keep us posted.

Kelly - Bundle up, Darlin... Sorry it's so chilly. We are starting to see signs of Spring around these parts... Yep - RAIN. :]

Pat - wow, Pogo sounds like fun - but I so don't need anything else to occupy my time!! If I have an extra minute while I am at the office, I surf LBT. At home, I play Spell Force... or whatever the Game Du Jour may be.

Cindy, glad you liked the story. It was just an instant visual. (oh, and you talked like John Wayne, too.) Seriously, everyone should know about gun safety.

Well, last night, the Bubble and Squeak was postponed... I got home and DH was not there... which miffed me a little, since we had a gym date. I figured he had just spent the day with his Sis and would be along soon, so I left him a note and went to the gym without him. When I came back from the Gym and he still wasn't there, I got a little concerned. He doesn't do well driving at night - the headlights blind him badly, so he is seldom out late if I am not driving... I went ahead and stopped his download to check phone messages - nothing. I called my office and checked my msgs there - nothing. So, it's 10 pm... and I can't find his sister's phone number.

By this time I am experiencing massive fear and guilt - since I had blighthly trotted off to the gym - and CLEARLY he must be dead by the road-side not to have called... uh, yeah. Sure. Apparently, he had called the house and gotten the VM several times and assumed that I was on-line... but never left a message. Same deal with my office - no answer, no message. Anyway, after I finally found the number for his sister, I called over there and he answered.

After I mentioned to him, just in passing mind you, that I had thought he was dead, he told me he would be right home... lol! But it was way too late to cook, so we had McDonalds. Yep, late-night nutrition at it's finest.

Here is what Google has to say about BUBBLE AND SQUEAK

An old English dish, named for the sounds the ingredients make while cooking (or from the sound one's stomach makes after eating it). Some sources say it was originally cold boiled beef and chopped cabbage, others claim it was originally mashed potatoes and cabbage, while some claim it originally contained all three.

Today it is typically made from leftover potatoes and cabbage fried together.

DH makes it with brussell sprouts and potatoes. The chicken was the modification. It's YUMMY. Grinding those veggies up in the mashed potatoes adds a lot of flavor. Cindy came the closest - so she gets the "points". Hopefully, we will have the B&S tonight...

Hugs all round!

Hi Everyone.....

After I posted I walked to the post office to send card to my friend who lost his daughter. Walked back and did 20 laps in the pool, took a walk on the beach and then parked my but there and read for two hours.

I felt so much better.... I came home and my best friend (they call us lucy and ethel) sent me an email that her dog cody died in his sleep. She is devistated and we were crying on the phone together...

You know what? I didn't eat over it! Even with all the sadness today I was able to not endulge in food.

The day is almost over and tomorrow is a new day. I know God won't give me more then I can handle.

Kisses,

d

Hey everyone,

Just popping in to say hello to you all and let ya know I'm thinking about ya. Things are going well here but, busy as usual at work. Trying to close the monthly books and having to play catch up since I was out. Coming along fine though. Only time I have pain right now is late in the afternoon if I've pushed it too much at work. Today is the first day I actually felt like my ole self again :) That's a good thing. The scale is moving too so that's making me feel better. Post-op visit tomorrow.

It's late so I didn't do personals but, I've kept up with ya. Ohhh and umm tomorrow...heh heh...I'll actually look for the March Chat so I won't be lost hahahaha.

Sweet dreams my friends! Chat with you soon!

Sherry