Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have not been on here, been super busy. How is everyone doing? I've been reading the posts and sounds like we've had some success, a pregnancy, (congrats Jess! ) some sliming and some slowing. I promise to get back to posting and hope everyone else will too. We need each other to stay in line.

I am feeling great and I'm doing OK. It's so good to know my heart is OK after the heart cath and the damage from the chemo I took will not get any worse. No symptoms from it and they said it will not ever bother me. I hit the 25 lbs mark last week. Slow, slow slow at about 2 lbs the last 2 months but I was super glad not to gain but a few lbs over the holidays and got rid of it and lost 2 more so I am happy. I started walking again 25 minutes a day 2 weeks ago and have not had any problems since New Year's day when I could not get anything down in a restaurant. I'm pretty sure the sliming comes from eating too fast and not chewing enough. bread and chicken can do it to me. I have not had a fill since the first week of Dec and feel I don't need one yet. If I eat too fast or don't chew enough I get stuck.

Stay on your programs and let us hear from you! We can do this. This is our year and we can do this!

Blessings,

GG

Holy macaroni! It has been a looong time. I have been getting some posts to my phone and always read them and glad to hear everyone is doing well. Ms. Lady, I love ya and had to crack up at the 'puke' on the counter. I would have been mortified as well, but you did give him fair warning to hurry ;) I get that awful painful feeling with the gross thick spit pretty often. I went in for my 3rd fill on Dec 27th, and since then I've lost about 11 lbs...which is fantastic! But I have found that I cant really eat anything until late afternoon or it gets stuck and hurts soooo bad. I havent tried the trick of drinking something warm first thing when I wake up, maybe tomorrow. I normally just drink a slimfast and hear my stomach rumbling at me until I finally get the courage to try to eat something.

I'm down to 169 lbs (23 lbs gone!), havent changed much in clothing size, but after months and MONTHS of saying I need to exercise, tonight was my first night. So lets hope I can get a routine going and STICK WITH IT! I normally would love to do my exercise in the morning, but with a 10 yr old and 2 small babies and lack of energy due to lack of food, I think I may have to do it after all the babies are in bed :-/ Oh well better than nothing.

Hi everyone...havent posted anything since I signed up for it. Its good to see everyones progress. Has anyone been having issues with their hair? I lost about 30% of my hair. I really took it hard, got very depressed. I wasnt aware that it was due to lack of Protein until I researched it. I stopped drinking my protein in hopes that the food I ate would be enough but I was wrong. I started drinking at least 60 oz of protein daily and I also take a Vitamin specially for the hair. The Hair loss stopped. Now I need my hair to grow back!

I've lost 27 lbs since the pre op diet and surgery (8/19/11). I havent been working out as I should. Tonight was my first night working out again. I really need to stay on track. I also need to eat slower and chew, chew, chew! My food gets stuck and it is paunful. I also start sneezing and my nose gets runny, bad combination because sneezing makes its worse. Not sure if Im ready for another fill yet, my last fill was Nov 19th, Im up to 7cc's now. Sometimes my area around my port gets swollen and it hurts. =(

Keep it everyone! We need to motiviate eachother. I will definetly continue to post and get inspired by all of you. Like GG said, "this is our year and we can do this"!

=)

Hello August bander!! How is everyone? Its 6 months today I got my band. I have been doing well and loving the band (sometimes) It is kinda tight and I like it like that, it helps me make the right decision to eat. Old habits or you can say bad habits are hard to break. I log my food everyday on my fitness pal, I look for help and advice from friends or family when I struggle. I was never a Breakfast person and now with the band I find I dont like to eat breakfast so I have a Protein Shake every morning. I try any and all shakes and usually stick with the Isopure, 2 splenda in a blender. lunch is usually Chobani with some Protein granola in it, by lunch I have usually had my protein for the day. dinner is always different. Meals I enjoy CHILI always is good, chicken depending on how its cooked,turkey sausage keilbasa with kraut, I love the crockpot and try to mix up meals in there. Crock cooking helps because my daughter is 3.5 and son is 17 months doesnt leave me much time to do much when I am home with them and my husbands days off rotate so im alone and not always easy and by the time I get them in bed it is almost 8:30/9pm and I'm done by then!!!! I started couch to 5k, I was religious with it but its been cold and I have weened off a lil in the following weeks. Since my husband leaves for work by 6am I have to be up and dressed to run by 5/5:15AM if I wanna get it in. I have been doing it usually 3 days per week and go to the gym once a week to get in a Zumba class. I love it and lots of fun! The weight was slowly coming off and I am happy with that. i am still not done and still a work in progress LOL I have lost 49 pounds and I started at 236, was 231 the day of surgery and now I am at 187..ugh 1 lb away from 50...SOON!!!! Once I started running the weight flies off, so anyone thinking they cannot do it, you can and its a basic simple training program that works on interval run for a minute or two then walk then run...interval training has worked wonders for me. I am so proud of all of us and we are keeping our heads high and doing it! Somedays are better than others, some things are tolerated one day and not the next. I still hate eating with people, I go out to lunch with coworkers but usually play it safe and get a chili. I skip most carbs- bread, Pasta, pizza, Bagels, cereal (all was a staple everyday or once a week) I have changed everything I used to eat and feel terrific. I on occasion will eat slider food and regret it but for the most part I follow the "rules" I stay focused on my goal, i am liking my willpower, determination, and my 50lb weight loss verses the guilt I would feel for going to mcdonalds and pigging out, or the clothes not fitting and me getting angry or upset with myself and saying "thats it Im going on a diet" and failing the next day. Its not always easy but the NSV's I have had these 6 months will carry me another 6. I like walking into a regular store and buying clothes at Macys, not sweating from a flight of stairs, and most of all even if the scale doesnt move I know I am not on a diet but I have changed my lifestyle for the better. Wishing eveyone the same success!!! I have an incredible support system from online bander support groups, friends, neighbors, family, books, LBT, and my husband. I am here if anyone nees any support, advice, or a kick in the arse LOL best of luck A11's keep on with your journey and dont ever quit! keep your eye on the prize!

What an awwesome and inspiring blog!! Today is also my 6 month versary!! Wow! Doesn't seem like that long. I have lost 36 pounds. I feel great. I was using my fitness pal and stopped. Please send me your online name ...would love to add you. I started to the gym then got sick and was out two months. I have started back and promise to start couch to 5k on Monday. I am actually in a 5k in April. I pray I can run some of it. Congrats to all....we have not won the war but winning small battles to get us there. KEEP IT UP!!

Hello August bander!! How is everyone? Its 6 months today I got my band. I have been doing well and loving the band (sometimes) It is kinda tight and I like it like that, it helps me make the right decision to eat. Old habits or you can say bad habits are hard to break. I log my food everyday on my fitness pal, I look for help and advice from friends or family when I struggle. I was never a breakfast person and now with the band I find I dont like to eat breakfast so I have a Protein Shake every morning. I try any and all shakes and usually stick with the Isopure, 2 splenda in a blender. lunch is usually Chobani with some Protein granola in it, by lunch I have usually had my protein for the day. dinner is always different. Meals I enjoy CHILI always is good, chicken depending on how its cooked,turkey sausage keilbasa with kraut, I love the crockpot and try to mix up meals in there. Crock cooking helps because my daughter is 3.5 and son is 17 months doesnt leave me much time to do much when I am home with them and my husbands days off rotate so im alone and not always easy and by the time I get them in bed it is almost 8:30/9pm and I'm done by then!!!! I started couch to 5k, I was religious with it but its been cold and I have weened off a lil in the following weeks. Since my husband leaves for work by 6am I have to be up and dressed to run by 5/5:15AM if I wanna get it in. I have been doing it usually 3 days per week and go to the gym once a week to get in a Zumba class. I love it and lots of fun! The weight was slowly coming off and I am happy with that. i am still not done and still a work in progress LOL I have lost 49 pounds and I started at 236, was 231 the day of surgery and now I am at 187..ugh 1 lb away from 50...SOON!!!! Once I started running the weight flies off, so anyone thinking they cannot do it, you can and its a basic simple training program that works on interval run for a minute or two then walk then run...interval training has worked wonders for me. I am so proud of all of us and we are keeping our heads high and doing it! Somedays are better than others, some things are tolerated one day and not the next. I still hate eating with people, I go out to lunch with coworkers but usually play it safe and get a chili. I skip most carbs- bread, Pasta, pizza, Bagels, cereal (all was a staple everyday or once a week) I have changed everything I used to eat and feel terrific. I on occasion will eat slider food and regret it but for the most part I follow the "rules" I stay focused on my goal, i am liking my willpower, determination, and my 50lb weight loss verses the guilt I would feel for going to mcdonalds and pigging out, or the clothes not fitting and me getting angry or upset with myself and saying "thats it Im going on a diet" and failing the next day. Its not always easy but the NSV's I have had these 6 months will carry me another 6. I like walking into a regular store and buying clothes at Macys, not sweating from a flight of stairs, and most of all even if the scale doesnt move I know I am not on a diet but I have changed my lifestyle for the better. Wishing eveyone the same success!!! I have an incredible support system from online bander support groups, friends, neighbors, family, books, LBT, and my husband. I am here if anyone nees any support, advice, or a kick in the arse LOL best of luck A11's keep on with your journey and dont ever quit! keep your eye on the prize!

Well said Lisa! Good luck with the couch to 5K today!! Let me know how it goes! My fitness pal name is CTarantino512 look me up! I think since I signed up there may have been a day I did not go on. I do log everything even the bad stuff lol keep in touch!

Well said Lisa! Good luck with the couch to 5K today!! Let me know how it goes! My fitness pal name is CTarantino512 look me up! I think since I signed up there may have been a day I did not go on. I do log everything even the bad stuff lol keep in touch!

Thanks for the luck. I went to the dr. on Friday for a fill and just as I feared I had gained two pounds. Those two pounds are now gone and will not return. I can feel this fill. I might be back where I was in November. I started Couch 2 5K last Wed. and I am starting with a trainer this Wed. I have got my serious mind set this time and I am going to make a difference or die trying. Please holler at me when you don't see me on MFP or here. I have got to hold myself accountable. Thanks for your support. I have a Disney Trip planned for March 23rd and I want to make a go showing before then. Have a great day!

Dear banders,

I am very frustrated. I have only lost 23 pounds since I started on this journey. I am drinking my protien shakes in the morning, eating healthy Snacks and do very little snacking at nite if any.The only thing I have not been doing regularly is exercising. I do not eat alot and have restriction. I do not know why the weight is not coming off. It is depressing. I have a doctors appointment next week and I am afraid he is going to be upset with me for not losing more. I eat healthy, I just do not understand. I am feeling like maybe I should have had the gastric bypass instead. I am praying I am not one of the ones the band does not work for.

I am feeling very frustrated and sad. I just needed to vent. sad.png

Hey Bear,

I know some people on here have much success without exercise, but I can say that I am not one of them. I have exercised since my doctor gave me the clearance. There has been 2 times when I have stopped for a two week period (1st when I had surgery for my flipped port and 2nd just this month when I got a cold and did not feel up to it) and I saw the difference. I would not lose or I would gain and lose the same couple of pounds. I just started back exercising Monday of this week from my cold and had a loss. I'm sorry I said all that to say maybe try gradually added exercise to your routine. I think it is great that you have lost 23 pounds, you are 23 pounds lighter.

Dear banders,

I am very frustrated. I have only lost 23 pounds since I started on this journey. I am drinking my protien shakes in the morning, eating healthy Snacks and do very little snacking at nite if any.The only thing I have not been doing regularly is exercising. I do not eat alot and have restriction. I do not know why the weight is not coming off. It is depressing. I have a doctors appointment next week and I am afraid he is going to be upset with me for not losing more. I eat healthy, I just do not understand. I am feeling like maybe I should have had the gastric bypass instead. I am praying I am not one of the ones the band does not work for.

I am feeling very frustrated and sad. I just needed to vent. sad.png

Hi Everyone~

Hope you are doing well. It's been a minute for me..........update.

I have been doing ok. I went for a fill on Tuesday of this week and ended up have to go back in Thursday for a unfill. To be honest I don't like the way this fill feels, I don't like feeling my food go down or not being able to gulp Water. So far I have not been able to eat much of anything and most of what I eat/drink comes back up immediately. I want to eat I am not one of those persons that wants to be super tight. I am going to wait until next week and see how it feels (I hope things lossen up in there). It will be a while before I get a fill again, I hate this feeling it had me in tears Wednesday thinking what did I do to myself.

Hi Banders!

Good to hear some oupdates. 49 lbs, 79 lbs, 23 lbs, all of it is gone and gone for good if we stay on our programs. Do you realize how heavy 25 lbs of anything is to pick up? Get some weights and try and lug around 25 lbs. Bet you can't do it. Just think, most of us have lost that and more. Congratulations!

I went to Dr and got a small fill Tues and his scales say I've lost 27.5 lbs and I will take it. My scales are evidently heavy and my hubby confirmed it yesterday after his Dr appointment. I kinda knew they were when they said I had lost 79 lbs overnight. LOL I recently went out to lunch with friends and one of them said, "good grief, you're like the incredible shrinking woman!" I could have kissed her! People are finally noticing my weight loss. Hurray for NSV's. I think one of the reasons she noticed is I had on clothes that actually fit, I am still trying to wear things that really are too large but don't want to purchase much yet. I've still got about 30 lbs to go. I will try and alter some things for spring. We are traveling to FL to meet our youngest son in 3 weeks and find a place for his wedding rehearsal dinner in April 2013. It will be warmer there and I'm not sure I have much that will fit. It's a great problem to have I think. What is everyone else doing about their clothes?

I'm still walking 5 or 6 days a week and even our little dog has lost weight and inches from the exercise so I know it helps. She's also a Senior citizen at 13 and needed to loose a little. I had to start gradually because of my back, 5 minutes first, then 10 then 15 and now I do 25 minutes. After 25 my back hurts too much to go longer. I'm old so I know you younger ladies can do it too. If you are not exercising start gradually and ease into it. I sleep much better too. Also, get that Water in every day. Hope everybody has a great weekend.

We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

Hi Ms. GG,

Missed reading your encouraging posts. Let me tell you.........I have been trying to hold on to my clothes for two reason 1). I can't really afford it. 2.) I don't want to buy much and then have to buy smaller sizes in another few weeks. My old cloths started to look ridiculous on me and I started feeling uncomfortable wearing them so I bought 2 pair of jeans and 3 shirts for starters. Also at work my co-workers talked about me needing to buy new work uniforms that I was shamed so I then had to purchase 3 pairs of pants and 2 shirts for work. I think I am going to start looking in resales shops for the first time in my life, because I see now that this can/will get expensive. I have now put my old clothes that are extremely too big in what me and my kids call the donation bag to give away.

Ms Lady,

Thanks for missing me. I've missed everyone too. I bet you really are falling out of your clothes! All that weight gone must make it hard to even keep your pants up! LOL I am so proud of you!!! I am just about ready to get into a 14 pants and that thriils me. Not been that small for 20 years. My goal is a 10 or 12 so it's getting closer. I do like Stein Mart and TJ Maxx but sometimes the clothes are just too young looking for me. My friend buys most all of her clothes at Goodwill but I find it too tiring for my back to stand and go down rack upon rack of jeans that are not sized. There are a few resale shops so I too will try them next week. I might even take a few nice outfits from last spring to the tailor. She cut my winter coat down for me and I could not even tell where she did it. It was not cheap but it was a lot less than a new coat.

Have a good one!

GG

I haven't been on much lately. I got discouraged by my MD. I went in for a different issue, but let me have it for not losing more. I've lost about 46 lbs. but it's sort of staled. I still don't have restriction and told him that and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about. So off I'm going to the surgeon to get another fill.

I am actually happy because I've lost about 6" in my waist and 4" in my chest. My clothes don't fit and I went to buy some shorts today. Went from a size 56 to a 50. I'm contemplating joining a gym but I hate since I usually contend up going. But I am at least not gaining back and I'm not real hungry like before, but I can still eat a lot.

post-309871-13813139885615_thumb.jpg

post-309871-13813139886406_thumb.jpg

Bobrocky, I cannot believe you were fussed at for loosing 46 lbs in 6 months! What an idiot Dr. I think that's fantastic and you are looking great. Pretty soon you will be able to get another person in those shorts with you! LOL If you are staying on the program and not eating much and still not loosing maybe exercise would do the trick. Start slowly and increase weekly. You don't have to join a gym, just walk in your home or neighborhood. It's not any fun for me but I force myself to do it. As I said in previous post, even our dog has lost weight and inches and her food has stayed the same. All from walking daily with us.

I went shopping today and I must say to me the clothes out this season are just plain ugly. I don't want to wear peasant tops or dolman sleeves. The florals and prints and horizontal stripes are bad. Some of the tops look like something my grandmother wore in the 60's. I've finally got a shape to show and don't want to look frumpy any more. Of course I stopped in Chico's and saw about 15 outfits that I loved but I cannot spend that kind of money. Yet. I've still got more weight to loose. Does anybody else like the current fashions?