Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm feeling fine and back on the program. Lots of bruises from the heart cath but doing fine. I started walking again daily on Monday and can feel it in my calves! Had not really exercised since early Nov. There are still a few little goodies here and my hubby is eating them so I will be glad when they are gone! They do call my name. I've also started tracking my food & exercise intake again, I've got to get some more weigh off.

Like you Bobrocky, my knees and back are better but I need to do more. Glad you are still loosing, 2 lbs a month is better than gaining. I agree with you, seems like you would have gone down more size wise with all that weight you have lost. Wrinkly fingers is funny. Never thought about them loosing weight.

Ms lady, get that 5 lbs off. Maybe it's Water weight! LOL I know you can do it. Healthywoman I am so jealous of your 179. Congratulations on that and an actual loss over the holidays. Kristen, sounds like you are doing great. 3 1/2 lbs is wonderful.

Everyone give us updates on how you survived the holidays. Hopefully we are now all back on our programs and exercise and doing well. Any NSV out there? I need your encouragement to stay on my program so everyone speak up! You are my accountability group.

Does anyone track their carbs and Protein? I had not been lately and when I did today I was shocked to see my Crystal Light has 12 carbs in each serving. I've been having 3 of them a day and maybe that's why I am not loosing. I think my Dr said we need about 80 grams of Protein a day. What limits do you all do?

I nearly died of embarrassment Sun after church. We went out to a deli, the only thing open, for lunch. I ordered a grilled turkey reuben thinking it would be grilled and I would eat half. It was sorta toasted, not grilled. After 2 bites I had to excuse myself to the rest room. Nothing would go down or come up so I went back out and a few minutes later had to go in there again. This time it came up and I slimed for the first time. Yuck! We were with one couple that knew I had surgery. The other one did not but they are pretty good friends so I told them why I kept leaving. No more toast for me. It just won't go down.

We can do this! Have a great week.

Blessings,

GG

I'm so glad about your good news NCGG. You must be relieved!

For me, my exercise bike is looking at me accusingly.... I've set myself the goal of losing 5kg in January. It's going to require me to actually get on the bike!

My little girl starts big school at the beginning of February, and I'm going to start doing what I did before she was born - some sort of wacky exercise each day. It will be much easier while she's in school for me to go down to the pool and swim laps, or to a wrestling school to do a day class, etc :)

Also, I've had AF since Monday night, and Tuesday and Wednesday (and today too but not as bad), it was honestly like I didn't have a lapband... I was starving, thinking about food, fantasising about potatoes, etc etc etc. And the volume that I could eat amazed me - much more than I'd be able to get down normally. Strange!

I am so happy you are ok GG!

I must say I was pleased as pie to get on the scale on January 2nd to weigh in at 197.8 Wooooooohooooooooooo!

Bring on 2012 you are mine baby!

Hey everyone! The format for the site on my phone changed and for some reason, it won't show me page numbers. It just shows the thread and even when I hit the first page, it won't show page numbers, only "next page", so unless i have time to flip through 39 pages just to get updated on the last 2....ummmm, no. That's why I haven't checked in lately!

GG, sounds like you had to have a stress test but it went well, i'm glad for that!

I survived the holidays but came to a conclusion. I can't eat sweets. Not physically. Mentally. I can't handle it. I can't eat just one cookie or a piece of candy, I can't buy a bag of oreos to keep in the house so I can have one or two a day because I obsess about it and will eat half the bag in one sitting. So it's a week late, but i've made a new years resolution. No more sweets. Period. Not cutting out sugar all together, but no more Cookies, candy, ice cream, cake, brownies, donuts, NOTHING like that. So far, so good. It's been two days, lol. Yesterday was a challenge though, we went to a bday party and there was a big table of nothing but sweets. I had a handful of chips and some ritz crackers and was FINE. It's funny how easy it is once I tell myself I can't have it. When I tell myself to limit it, I struggle. I'm treating this like I did quitting smoking. I can do this, I just have to change my frame of mind and I know that if I eat one (or if I smoked one cigarette), I wouldn't be able to stop.

Oh and i'm up to over 12ccs in a 14, so Bob, don't worry, you WILL get there, just keep getting filled! I think I have a good amount of restriction now but am angry that so many foods go down easily still, lol, I never thought that sliders can come in the form of chips, crackers or anything else that's dry like that. Sigh.

NCGG- You know you can do this! It's good you realized how many carbs you were consuming. When you track Proteins, you will see with many foods that the calorie to Protein ratio is also something to track. My doc said 60-80g of protein. Low fat greek yogurt has low cals and high prot, where crackers have high cals and low prot. When I read labels, some things are just not worth eating-this has helped me tremendoulsy.

I chose not to have a fill today because I'm in the green zone now. Not sure how it happens but feel like the band has become tighter since the December fill, even though I've lost 3 lbs since. I'm happy with that and am expecting to need a fill by February.

Congrats to Stroganoff!! Keep up the good work!

Caryn-I'm addicted to sugar also, so let us know how it goes with quitting. I quit smoking 18 years ago, but at this time won't make the choice to quit sweets. I'm still under the illusion of "sweets in moderation". Maybe someday!!

Healthywoman

It's been a week today and i'm going strong and don't even WANT any sweets! I have had a couple cravings, but didn't give in. I even went to TWO kids bdays parties last weekend, one on sat and one on sun and both of them were full of sweets and crap and I didn't have any, I was so proud of myself! I did go to the movies sunday night and ate popcorn though and I was up 2lbs that now is coming off. I hate this down during the week, up after the weekend weight crap! I thought the sweets were what did it, but hell I was still up!

Hello Everyone. I don't know what to call what's going on with me and this lapband. When I eat I get minor pain more like pressure and I then proceed to throw up (???) thick saliva which at times can include small amounts of foods or liquids that I had eaten. This is happening one or more times everyday. It is getting embrassing. And no one other than my mother (only because she had to drive me home post-op) knows I have the lapband, and I am getting fearful of eating in front of other because of these episodes. I took my kids to an indoor amusement park about 2 weeks ago and the most embrassing thing happen. I had to spit up and could not find the restroom and I felt it coming up quickly. I ran to the concession counter and asked the gentleman for a cup in a hurry. He looks at me and says a cup (moving and talking slowly) before you know it I spit up all over the counter. HUMILIATED!!! Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone know what this is getting stuck? sliming? PBing?

Also weight loss is slowing! I am losing and gaining the same 3-4lbs. I need to do better with my selections and eat move veggie and fruits, oh and drink more Water, oh and eat more Protein, oh yea and less carbs. Dam it I need to get back on the program. LOL! Today is a new day!

hello all! i havent been on here in a while between work and school there arent enough hours in the day! good to see all the august bandsters doing well! as for me im down 50lbs had some problems with my last fill of 0.4 it was a nighmare! but i had an unfill and hoepfully im back on track!

Hi all, I haven't been on in a long time, so I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. GG I saw you are doing better, that is great!

I just found out I am pregnant, so I guess I will be getting an unfill and not getting filled again for over a year. So, good luck to everyone and I hope you all continue on your weightloss journey!

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!! Hope everyone had a great holiday and we all made out thru ok.

GG- I'm glad you doing well.

Ms. Lady- Just wanted to let you know I went thru the same episodes of throwing up thick saliva. It used to happen when I over eat and eat to fast. It happen to me in the car, good thing I had a cup. I'm so sorry to read what happen to you at the consession counter.

Jess527- Congradulations on your pregnancy! I wish you the best of luck!!

CarynW- I reallly admire your strength with sweets. I bought right after the holidays a tub of blue bunny Icecream and everynight, before I go to bad I eat around 3 teaspoons. Last night was just a little left that I almost licked the tub dry!! But by reading your determination. I will make a promise of also not eating anymore icecream.... well... until summer time. whistle.gif

I've reached my sweetspot/green zone on Dec. 25th! Since then I have only been able to eat 2 to 3oz. and lost 6lbs. since then. I'm have lost a total of 40Lbs. I was do for a fill on Jan. 3rd and my doctor congradulated me and told me I didn't need one. I'm scheduled for an adjustment in Feb. if in case I need it. Don't get me wrong I fluctuate 2lbs up and down. But I rather loose it slow then quickly. I will also not deprive myself of what I enjoy eating. I just eat 2oz of it now, compare to eating 2Lbs. of food. I take all my meds and Vitamins and drink as much liquids as possible.

I also had a NSV moment when I picked up a pair of jeans left behind the bathroom door and they where tight! I got scared that I had gained weight over night, and when I tooked them off found out that they where my daughter's size 8 jeans!! I was absolutely extatic! I'm almost fitting with my 21 yr. old daughter's clothes! She isn't going to like the sound of that.rolleyes5.gif

Hot dang.......I made it in the 220's! I can't tell you how long it has been since I have seen such numbers. I only pray that I just go down from here. If that number goes back into the 230's I will be devastated. Whoop Whoop! Keeping my eye on the prize. However I still need to work on slowing down while eating because this spit up/throw up thing is for the birds.

Congratulations Jess!

Need some advice........I have an appointment for a fill on Tuesday. As mentioned above I am currently having issues with sliming, pb'ing, spit ups/throw ups, stuck or whatever is going on. I pretty sure that it because I don't chew well and/or eating too fast. I still fill like I am hungry (at times starving) more than I should be. If it was you would you get a fill (even a very small one) or would you wait?

Also ladies and gents I have noticed that we have been bumped to page 3 of the forum. Let's share.........LOL! How is everyone doing? Miss you guys stories, input, venting, inspiration, etc.

Need some advice........I have an appointment for a fill on Tuesday. As mentioned above I am currently having issues with sliming, pb'ing, spit ups/throw ups, stuck or whatever is going on. I pretty sure that it because I don't chew well and/or eating too fast. I still fill like I am hungry (at times starving) more than I should be. If it was you would you get a fill (even a very small one) or would you wait?

Also ladies and gents I have noticed that we have been bumped to page 3 of the forum. Let's share.........LOL! How is everyone doing? Miss you guys stories, input, venting, inspiration, etc.

Ms. Lady....I went thru this right before my Dec, appt. I want having a tough time with the same things you were but was told by my friends that have had it to at least get a small fill. I did this on the 19th and 24 hours later I could not swallow spit. I threw up all the way to my dr. The nurse was all that was there and she took out more than he put in for some reason. I could tell when she had taken out the right amount. But she said I had probably inflamed my insides and it would be better that way. Well I did ok. I didn't gain or loss any for my next visit. My Dr. added more Fluid but still not where I want to be. If it were me...I would ask for a small fill. Do your 2 days thin liquids, 2 days thicker liquids, mushies and so forth. Just be sure when you start back on things you chew to chew really good and use your measuring cup.

I am guilt of not posting. Come on August people we need to start encouraging each other and loose those pounds. We must get those bikini bodies!!!

Hi Ms. Lady, I went thru the same issue as you and when i went to get a fill they would not give it to me.

Today is my 5 month anniversary since the surgery and the weight lost has slowed down drastically. I was loosing so fast and now just lost 4 lbs. In a month. It has depress me a little. The only change I've made, is eating Snacks between meals. Because I've been feeling hungry more often. Have any of you feel the same way or having similar issues?