Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just banded August 11, 2011

I had my surgery on August 11. I did well, today ohhhhhhh lawd, my sides hurt, im uncomfortable, I need to lay flat, on my side then I need to sit up straight. I cant make up my mind. My side feels like some one has stabbed me, my lungs hurt when I take a deep breath. Let's talk about my BELLY... The top part feels like its bloated..Its soft..I need to fart and burp..When I do it just makes room for more gas pain. GAS X AND TUMS..help a little just enough for a tease of a fart and burp..HELP...Im drinking my broth fine, I actually like it. I had yogurt today. I'm not hungry.

I was right behind you yesterday and can totally understand the gas pains and the agony of trying to get out of a bed, chair, sofa, and do not even try the recliner chair. We will get through this. Pretty soon we may feel hungry and we will be able to eat real food, albeit in smaller portions. I am glad you are doing well!

ive kept this a secret from everyone I know so this chat room is all I have to talk about it. What do u take to help u with the pain/discomfort. Does your sides hurt. I'm gonna go to the store so I can walk around.

Hi fellow banders! I'm right there with you. Today has been terrible! I think my husbands starting to lose it taking care of all 3 of us. My son and daughter r sick n it's been a nightmare today. Not so much gas but my port pain hurts so much! I go for my walks so gas isn't bad. Make matters worse, wouldn't ya know Aunt Flo showed up to say hello.....ugh I can't get a break! Please say it gets better??? Good luck all :-)

Lay on your side with arms extended over your head each side as long as ya can stand at least 15 mins this will help the gas pains. Also walk walk walk

My surgery is August 17th and I was wondering if anyone's pain meds work, cause I read alot about all the pain. Can anyone tell me?

Heating pads and walking was what helped me. I did not sleep well the first few nights. It felt weird walking in the house in the middle of the night in the dark so I did not wake up my family. But it helped. Go to the mall where there is AC and make a lap. Then sit and rest. Do it every day. I started feeling like myself in about 6 days. Hang in there. It will all be worth it.

My surgery is on the 17th as I said earlier and I plan on returning to my office job on Monday, did any of you all return to work on the 5th day?

My surgery is August 17th and I was wondering if anyone's pain meds work, cause I read alot about all the pain. Can anyone tell me?

I was banded yesterday and I must say that there is a major need for pain meds for me; however, Ive used to twice and it work to relieve some of the discomfort which is only coming from the gas. They gave me a liquid form of oxycodone, which I'm sure the majority of it will wind up down the toilet. This was the easiest surgery Ive ever experienced.

Heating pads and walking was what helped me. I did not sleep well the first few nights. It felt weird walking in the house in the middle of the night in the dark so I did not wake up my family. But it helped. Go to the mall where there is AC and make a lap. Then sit and rest. Do it every day. I started feeling like myself in about 6 days. Hang in there. It will all be worth it.

Walking really helps. Today I wanted to walk around the block just to see if I could move the gas around a little. However, my husband and i wound up walking to a subway they built a few blocks away (something I dont do on the regular) i felt good and felt even better while he ate his sandwich and I wasn't hungry at all. I got a small cup of Water and I was fine. This surgery has gone much better than I thought. I am just waiting for this gas to come out one way or another to relieve this discomfort.

Congrats to you! I hope for you a speedy recovery and lots of weight loss! I am a wuss when it comes to pain and I told my Doctor, so he made sure to give me a refill.

I've had three surgeries that required C02 without much pain, I am just wondering if this will be like them.

The pain is different and for the most part tolerable when u find a comfortable position. I dont think there is anything out there to really help with the gas pain being since they put it in you. Heck they should pull it out. LOL..I just went for my walk and farte/burpped..it hurt more to burp..my lungs are sore.. I just pureed my tuna, green Beans and sweet potatoes..not bad warmed. :) im not sure if i'm hungry i got all kinds of stuff going on in my belly, i normally eat just to be eating so I have to admit i dont know what being hungry feels like. That's why I got the Lap Band..The best part of recovery so far has been talking to you all on here. So glad this exist...best wishes and please keep talking to me. Where did you put the heating pad was it over your belly. Im taking Loratab, I cant say that it really helps with the pain, but I do fall asleep periodically. So if i'm sleeping I guess i'm not in pain. It's when i wake up that I notice the pain. The repositioning is a killer..

OMG, got banded on the 9th. ended up in the ER yesterday, dehydrated, didnt drink enough Water, the Constipation is so intense, guess its guess also; this is day 4 and I just need the constipation to quit, think its gas too. lungs hurt too. how are you doing with the drinking? soooooooooo important, hard for me because I feel so full.

I had my surgery on August 11. I did well, today ohhhhhhh lawd, my sides hurt, im uncomfortable, I need to lay flat, on my side then I need to sit up straight. I cant make up my mind. My side feels like some one has stabbed me, my lungs hurt when I take a deep breath. Let's talk about my BELLY... The top part feels like its bloated..Its soft..I need to fart and burp..When I do it just makes room for more gas pain. GAS X AND TUMS..help a little just enough for a tease of a fart and burp..HELP...Im drinking my broth fine, I actually like it. I had yogurt today. I'm not hungry.