Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Tammy,

We are praying for you. My grandma had to have her intestines removed, I think it was like 13 feet removed. It is a very hard surgery to recover from. Please let me know if you need anything...I am always here to lend an ear. Try to do good eating, but really give yourself a break....stress burns alot calories I hear. not that we want to burn it that way...but it might make you feel better about the potato chips you ate. We are loving ya!

This is cozzie here - I am a new member and sent my first post a few days ago and have a few replies which is great because now I don't feel like I am the only one with a band so thank you all very much and I will keep visiting the site to read all your messages

This is cozzie here - I am a new member and sent my first post a few days ago and have a few replies which is great because now I don't feel like I am the only one with a band so thank you all very much and I will keep visiting the site to read all your messages

Cozzie, please keep checking in with us, we love new people. Are you doing well with the band? I have had some little problems here and there....but all in all I am happy. Tell us some of your experiences, so we can get to know ya!

Hi Stacey

Everything is going fine so far I had my first fill two weeks ago. I find it hard eating and drinking with people outside my family as so far I am unsure how much to eat before it hurts. I am also trying to be very good so that it does work properly and I get to lose the weight quickly - I suppose what I am saying is it is very much trial and error at the moment

Hi Everyone-

Tammy: Hang in there. I also think it's natural to think about food during a crisis. I know that I sure do!

Cozzie: I am noticing the same thing about eating with other people. Last night I went out to dinner and didn't stop soon enough and spent the rest of the meal really uncomfortable. The other day I took a huge gulp of iced tea at lunch with my co-workers after eating my salad and almost gagged. It's such a strange feeling sometimes.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi Julie I had my surgery on 25th February and so far I have lost 28 pounds and I hope to lose about 2 pounds a week I have 56 more to go - how much more have you to go

Good morning everyone!

HELLO restriction! Thank goodness! Had my second fill on Friday...2 cc's total now. I love restriction!

But, my band and I had our first fight on Friday evening. I can't believe I have gone 3 months without pb'ing! I had eaten about an 1/8 a cup of oatmeal for dinner and started to feel like I didn't want any more. Went to a friends house for drinks and WITHOUT thinking popped a couple of chips and some cheese into my mouth....WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! That did not go well. Let me just say I am terrified of food now! I NEVER want to pb again! I felt like I had a hang over the rest of the evening and the whole next day.

The good thing is that this fill has kicked my weight loss into gear...3 lbs. since Friday! YAHOO! 12.5 lbs. to onederland!!!

How was everyone's weekend and Mother's Day?

Can't wait to get caught up with everyone!

Good Morning~

Cozzi: I have 100 pounds more to lose. I'm hoping my first fill next week will jump things into action.

Michelle: My Mother's Day was pretty good. My little munchkins made me cards and my husband took us out to TGI Fridays for dinner and got me the new Bruce Springsteen CD.

I have noticed that when I eat too much I feel this pain around my stomach area. I think it's what they mean when you go past the soft stop. Anyway, last night I tried to really pay attention to it at dinner and stopped before I got there. The only problem is that I was hungry 1.5 hours later at home. I really hope this fill fixes that but I am not looking forward to the liquids especially over Memorial Day weekend when we are away.

Hi Dancer,

Your post inspired me to give an update! Well, I got my second fill last Wednesday and so far I'm loving it!!! I have a total of 1cc now (somehow, half of my first fill of one cc disappeared, so when he filled it with another .5cc it put me at a total of 1cc). I have restriction but can still eat everything! I think I even have enough restriction because I'm not getting hungry for like 5 hours in between meals now! (up from 2 hours). My meals are small yet delicious and satisfying! The only thing I have to be aware of is to slow down and to not overeat because I did have a PB episode from eating too much yesterday. Then, I was not hungry the rest of the night and didn't eat dinner. But it's so wonderful to eat a half sandwich and be full for 5 hours!!! Wow! If things continue like this I will be very happy indeed! My total loss so far is 28 pounds.

Good morning my friends,

Update on my family, my Mom is home finally and sick herself now. She was at the hosiptal for the week with her sister and brother-in-law so there is no telling what she has caught. My aunt has been moved to a regular room but they are concern because she is running a fever. My uncle had to have another emergency surgery, he still isn't doing to well. Just keep all of us in our prayers.

I have been fighting the stress eating, some days have been better than others but I am proud to report a 3 lbs loss this week. I still cant seem to make myself excercise tho. I have been so sedative for so long this is truly going to be hard for me but I am not giving up.

I had my first ...hmmmm... I dont know what you would call it. I got up yesterday morning with my tummy growling, I try very hard not to eat much at dinner. So I went for some left overs from the night before. I took a couple of bites of a hamburger steak with brown gravy and the pain set it. Now I have had this pain before but never to this extent. It was pain between my shoulder blades in my back. No matter what I did, walking, moving, strecthing, nothing would help. Then comes the Water into my mouth. I knew what that meant. For 10 minutes my mouth watered. I tried to make myself throw-up with no luck. Then the two bites I had taken came right back up with this huge amount of slime. OMG I hate throwing-up but the relieve was immediate!!! The pain left as soon as the meat came back up.

Ok now heres the thing, I called my doctor last week and made appointment for another fill on the 26th. I have heard that some peoples fills dont kick in for a week or two so I am wondering if I should still get this fill. I have noticed that I can eat more now but after this I am not so sure, need some advice ..........

I had that "watery mouth" all day yesterday. I did manage to eat later that day with no problems and I have always been able to eat in the mornings. But I was scared to try this morning.

Whata y'all think?

Tammy - I hope that your Mom feel better soon! The rest of your family (and you) are in my prayers.

As for the fill...I don't know. Have you been loosing every week? 3 lbs. lost last week is GREAT! My dr. always tells me to wait two weeks to see how I feel.

Sorry about the PB...they are so gross, but you are right the relief is instant! Like I said before, I have only had the one and I NEVER want to do that again!

Hang in there sweety! You are doing great! Keep us posted!

Question for those that were banded around the beginning of February....Has anyone started loosing any hair?

I have noticed a lot more coming out the last few days. Could just be that time of month or could be the surgery catching up to me!

Just wondering!

Michelle

It is so funny you brought this up, just this morning while blow drying my hair I noticed handfuls coming out. I thought maybe it was due to stress but if you're doing the same thing...hmmmmmmmm

I didnt think the Lap Band would cause Hair loss, I knew the RYN was known for that but now I am wondering.

Geeesh I hope not, I dont think I would like me too much bald.

Ughh now I need to go and do some research!