Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Good Morning~

Donna: Congrats on your first fill. My first fill was .5cc in my 10cm band. So far it's working for me. I have found that I don't want to be TOO restricted.

I've decided that I'm going to take it really slow with my fills. I am losing weight a bit slower but I don't want to be in a situation where I can barely eat. I'm trying hard to work on the behavioral issues behind my eating as well. I see a psychologist weekly and I think it's really helping.

I guess I need to read Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code. I've had them on my nightstand forever but haven't picked them up. It sounds like pretty easy reading though so they should be good summer books.< /p>

Have a good day friends,

I just had my 3rd fill on Tuesday and mine is tight too!What is this gurgling sound that keeps coming out of my throat!!??:) Weird! If you read my signature line you can read the latest news on me.Dr thinks I have a slow leak.I need to watch my restrction level for a week ,let him know if any changes,then go from there.

For now all I can get down is creamy Soup broth and spaghetti sauce but that's it,no solids yet,oh yeah and chips go down too...go figure!;)

I'm giving up keeping up with everything, at least for today. Welcome to all the new members! I think I even saw a male type!! Woohoo!

I just updated the front page based on recent posts and/or your signatures. I added a chart at the bottom for our average pounds lost per week. If you get the chance, please check that I have your current values. If I don't, feel free to post them or send me a PM.

Thanks! :) Love ya'll! Sorry I've been MIA... I've been mostly avoiding LBT. The flame wars made it a not happy place for me. I'm trying to decrease my BP, lol, not raise it! :)

Mikey & I got fills on Tuesday. We're finally feeling them, at least a bit. We've definitely slowed down. I seem to HAVE to wait 45-60 seconds between bites now, or pay the price.

Everyone sounds like they're getting some restriction! How are those fills doing? Anyone contemplating an unfill? Hope you're all controlling the speed & not PBing!

Oh, and congrats to our first time fill folks!! Glad you overcame your fears & did it! ;) That's an NSV right there!!

Everyone have a lovely weekend! (( Hugs!! ))

Congrats to DCMoore for winning the May challenge!!

She's the only one that kept up with the points... for 2 weeks! ;) Yeah, so I went overboard with the score cards (note to self: don't do that again!).

Diane not only won the challenge, but got her weight under 250 & her BMI under 40!!

Way to go Diane!!

Hi Ladies (and gents):

I've been really busy lately and haven't checked in on our thread for weeks! Just thought I'd post a quick update:

Total pounds lost: 30 (The scale is moving slooooow, like less than 1 pound a week now!)

Gym: I've been really bad!!! I haven't been going regularly at all. I am so busy after work all the time I have no time to go! I swear I'm going to be better about this!

Band: I currently have a total of 1cc due to losing half my fill at my last appointment. I seem to have decent restriction but can eat anything and everything except sushi rice, McDonald's, and eggs. I can even eat Bagels and tortillas and fluffy bread! However, I get full on a small amount and stay full for a loooong time! Seems it's working exactly as it should, but I just have to be better about exercising! Still I shouldn't sniff at 30 pounds in 3.5 months!

Hope everyone is well and loving life!!!

Hey Feb. friends... it looks like a few of us have been missing for a while. I hope you are all well! In response to your question, Janet, is anyone considering an unfill???? Here I am!!! I had a fill on Wednesday, and thought it seemed tight and mentioned it to my doctor before I left. He asked me to stay a little longer to see if it really was too tight, but I was concerned about getting back to Orange County from San Diego in time to pick up my 5 year old.. so I thought, I would just work through it. Yikes... let's just say, I hope he can see me Monday morning. I am soooooo tight I can't sleep at night. Every ounce of Water in the morning and at night is being slimed back up! Mid day I have been able to get a Protein Shake down, and that is ALL!!!!! Since Tuesday night.... I have even thrown up the few things that I have tried to eat. I am really unhappy like this... I too hear the gurgling in my throat. I also burp from the minute I lay down on my bed... little annoying burps. Pray for me! I hopeyou are all well. I will try and do some reading and catch up on everyone's progress. Any suggestions besides hot tea???????????

Wow Becky, great weight loss! I'm with you on not feeling the fill. I've been able to eat everything I've tried so far. I felt my new fill for about 2 days... and then it went away again, heh. Guess I haven't found the sweet spot yet! Though I sorta like being able to eat everything, so I'm not sure I want more fill! :rose:

Michele, you poor thing! I'm so sorry you're too tight! I think you're doing the right stuff. The main thing is to try to stay hydrated, so tons of broth & hot tea, I've heard that hot stuff stretches the band a little. If you do try to eat something, see if you can get Soup down. Hopefully the mushiness + the hotness will make it through the silicon fist around your stomach. Hang in there! Just 1 more day to go! I hope your doc can see you! And oh my word, look at your weight! Less then 30 pounds to goal, congrats!!

I updated both Becky & Michele's numbers on the front page. Thanks for the updates, guys! :girl_hug:

Hey guys...been gone for a while. Life just gets in the way sometimes...uhg! That pain in my sdie that I talked about for months now has gotten much worse!! I went to my OBGYN and she said that she thinks it is endometriosis (i battle with that anyway) pulling from an ovary to another part of my body..like my bladder or bowels. It is hurting pretty bad!

Good news is that I am down to 167!! I am not totally uncomfortable in a bathing suit, but still feel naked and insecure!!! Will that ever go away I wonder?

Talk to ya'll later!

Just got back from Monterrey, had my second fill 1.4 more, had to have .2 removed the next morning because I could get broth down.

My Kiddo and I had a ball...his first time out of the country...He is an awesome kid, 17 yrs old, quick witted and open to new foods, places, and people. As usual I wanted to shoes shop, "No, Mom, Please just one day without a shoe store". "Come on Tom", I said, "I gave you life...". He interupted, "Oops, too late now." lol

Hi Everyone!

I'm down to 229.1....woohooo! I finally broke the 230 barrier (just barely!)

I have been feeling somewhat angry and/or depressed about the restriction I've been getting. I can't eat much at all. I know that's good for weight loss, but it's frustrating to not be able to eat anything.

I can eat yogurt, cheetos, cheezits, coffee, creamed Soup, (sometimes) lettuce/tomato, cheese and a bite or two of egg salad or scrambled eggs.

Went out to eat with a couple friend of ours and their 5year old daughter. To OUTBACK no less!!! I had an order of garlic mashed potatoes and a ceasar salad. I ate about 3/4 of the potatoes and about 1/8 of the salad. NO MEAT!!! NO DRINK!!!!

We had a family get-together last weekend--a shrimp boil. I ate 3 shrimp and PB'd them back up!!

Tonight I tried a hamburger pattie. Ate slow, small bites, chew, chew, chew....PB'd back up.

I don't understand how cheetos and cheezits go down fine and no other solid food will go. Even egg salad makes me have the chest heaviness...but I always manage to get a little bit of it down each day. At least I know I'm getting some Protein in that way!

I'm still losing weight very slowly, so I'm hesitant to get an unfill. Am I just being whiney that the band is doing it's job, or do I need an unfill??? I just can't be objective enough about it to make that decision. I miss eating meat and veggies and eggs!!

Amazingly, a piece of wedding cake went down just fine at my neice's wedding reception!! GO FIGURE!! And, I had several (probably 6-8) Peanut Butter M&M's last week at work...they went down fine too!!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Like many of you, I just need to make a commitment to exercise as a part of my daily routine...I hate it, but that's what it will take I know.

Small NSV...I ate part of a chocolate/caramel jr banana split from Sonic...it came right back up...I think it was the banana. It also gave me a tummy ache...maybe too much sweet/calories?? Does that mean I've actually gotten out of the habit of eating that poorly (maybe, maybe, I hope so!!!)

Thanks for your feedback bandsters. You all have more good advice for me than the doctors or the band manufacturers. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Nanster

Hi Everyone~

Well, I had my first sliming experience tonight and it was awful. I leaned over the sink gurgling and burping for an hour as my 5 year old asked if she needed to call 911. Anyway, it went down finally but I am sore and tired. What a nightmare- I think I was getting too cocky since nothing like this had happened before.

Stacey: How tall are you? You have lost an incredible amount of weight.

Hi Everybody!

Seems odd that so many are reporting more frequent PB's and/or tightness. Is this just a coincidence because we're all at the 2nd, 3rd, 4th fills???

I "lost" my first fill and they said that was "normal". Ever since my 2nd fill, I haven't eaten much in the way of "real" food.

Tonight I had 1/2 a (small) new potato and 5-6 green Beans...it all came back up immediately. For lunch I had a strawberry yogurt and for Breakfast a 1/3c. egg salad (which really caused major chest fullness).

My dear sweet hubby just about has me convinced that I need a slight unfill. I hate to take a day off work to go downtown to the surgery center for it, but I am really negative about eating now...I actually dread mealtime! (Never thought I'd see the day.....)

I feel like I should be able to eat a small salad or a 1/2c. egg/tuna/chicken salad or a small amount of meat and right now I can't do that.

Julie...you're a bit ahead of me in your weight loss...but I'm betting you are better at exercising than I am!! I'm right on your coattails, so watch out....I just hit the 29lb. mark!!! I'm gonna try to be committed to exercise from now on so that even if I get an unfill, I'll still continue to lose weight. Now I have another reason to work towards a goal...to get "ahead" of you!! Ha, Ha. Not that it matters, but it gives a reason to "compete".

PB'ing sucks, huh? I find that sliming is almost as bad as just throwing it back up. I walk around "spitting" slime for a long time, then STILL end up throwing up. Now I just lean over the toilet and let it come on up and get it over with!!

I'll keep you posted on if/when I'm able to schedule an unfill.

Thanks for your support, you guys!! You're the BEST!

Nanster

Hey Julie I am right under 5'4! I have lost alot of weight here lately since my last fill....I am not pbing much at all...had a couple of episodes but not bad....I actually feel it more now than ever...I can't tolerate breads at all...which is what I wanted..it is such my weak spot. I can eat a baked potato but not any kind of doughy bread...which I LOVE!!! but my belly loves it to, b/c it holds on to it!

I am so sorry to hear of your pbing..I have 2 incidents like that where I thought I was dying....My 3 year old daughter ran out and got my husband from mowing...she was scared to death. It is so unexplainable to people that don't have a band. It is not like throwing up...you feel like you are choking...or atleast I did. I hate that for ya hun....hopefully better days are coming.... ;)

I'll add myself to the group having frequent PBing. I seem to have the proper restriction. I just haven't learned to eat tiny bites, eat slowly, avoid certain foods. The PBing is a good teacher, though.

hi janetc,

can you please update my wt loss record=40 lbs

i am not due for my 2nd fill until aug 1. my band only holds 4 cc, size 9.5.

my first fill was 1.5 cc.

thanks p.j.

p.s. great job on everyone's updated wt loss post. it is awesome to see everyone working so hard.