Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hi Everyone from February... how's things going? I love reading this thread and catching up with what seems to be "old" friends.

I'm having a bit of acid tonight and feel uck. I didn't have a fill my last appointment since I'm still very restricted on my current level. I struggle with making good choices. I love summer but wish it was more Soup season. I eat out a lot and some days I just can't find things that go down well. One "awful" food that goes down just fine - Nacho's Bellgrande. I know those aren't the best for my daily calorie intake but when I'm on the road (I travel) it's sometimes the only thing that will stay down.

I guess I'll keep experiementing with fast food until I find a few others that stay down well with hopefully less calories.

Hope you all are doing great.....

Cashley: I agree totally with you...eating out and/or fast food make it difficult to eat and eat healthy. Nachos Bellgrande is also one of the few fast foods I've found that stay down. We went to Joe's Crab Shack last night and I had a tossed salad and crab-stuffed shrimp. They were very good, just had to eat VERY slowly. Couldn't eat the broccoli, rice or bread but the rest was the biggest meal I've had in over 2 months!!

Can any of you "suggest" some of the better eating out/fast food choices you get that go down well. I hate to order something that I end up unable to eat or throw up and waster the money and still go home starving! Also, it REALLY sucks to PB in public and have to rush off to the restroom.

I'm otherwise doing very well except I cannot seem to get myself exercising as I should. Story of my life.

Later,

Nanster

Nanster, I'm reading your last 2 post and it feels like you are copying the pages of my journal. I would love to eat just a few bites of a juicy hambuger with mayo, you know how the bun gets a little soggy from the mayo and veggies...Not gonna happen. All the PBing is scaring me to death, I don't want to lose my band even when I'm whining about what I can't eat I have to admit I love my band. There is no way I could have stuck with a diet well enough to lose 38.5 lbs. in 5 months without my friend the band. I'm planning to move to 5 small meals a day today, I find myself getting way to hungry between meals if I stop with the "soft stop", or PBing if I wait a few minutes and then continue to eat. So, I will come up with some menus stretching my 1000 to 1200 calories over 5 to 6 small meals daily.

Exercise...It's sooo hot outside! I know I have to start...soon.

I miss you all, my friends from the beginning...check in and let us know how you are doing.

Tammy

I had the absolute worst day with the band yesterday. I ate a quesdilla from Taco Bell (not a good choice, but it was quick)...I ate like only bites and felt like I was going to die. This lasted for like 4 hours. I threw up like 5 times and felt like I was choking and my chest was hurting so bad. It was awful. Luckily it all stopped before the Kenny Chesney concert last night...:)

I thought I was going to have to call my doc. I wonder why that happened? I have eaten those several times before..and I have pbd before but not like this. It was infront of a bunch of girls that i went to college with and only 2 knew that I had the band. They were really worried. So i guess that it is liquids for 48 hours for me.

I find that Wendy's plain baked potato with a little sour cream goes down ok...not a great selection all the time but it does go down well..and it fills me up. and its cheap! Hope everyone is doing well....

YEAH for me..I hit the 150's today!!!!! Ok well its 159...but it is stillthe 150s!!!!!

Hi Everyone~

I'm around too but haven't been online too much recently. We just spent a few days away too w/o internet access and I'm just getting caught up.

My band is pretty fickle too. I am also really really tight right before my period. I find that I eat alot of salad now. It seems like the only thing that I can always eat. I eat it with crabmeat, cheese and cukes. I have also had too much ice cream b/c it's one of those things I can eat like the "old me." Not good but it happens sometimes.

I haven't been PB'ing b/c nothing but slime comes up but I seem to slime quite a bit. Last night I ate a bite of a fat free hot dog and thought I was going to die. It surprises me though b/c I've only had one fill. I just try to be careful.

I'll try to check in more often. I still love my band and it's really helping me realize how much I must have eaten before I had it!

I've previously thought of myself as a quick learner, but not so with the band. I've been restricted for about ten weeks and still, once or twice a week I:

Eat fast, then PB

Eat rice, fries or bread, then PB

Eat something, then drink, then PB

Eat in the morning, then PB

Drink something cold, then eat, then PB

The band is a great teacher. I need to be a better learner.

I was banded 2/9/06 By Dr. Rodolfo Sanchez in Monterrey Mexico.

I have lost 31 lbs, I have had 3 fills currently at 2.9 in a 4 cc band.

Starting weight 202

Current weight 171

Goal weight 145

Arlene, Are you returning to Mx. for your fills or doing them in Houston?

You've done so great with your band...I can't wait to be in "Onederland".

I have been going to a fill doctor in Bryan, TX who was banded by my doctor in Mexico. She was trained todo fills by his fill doctor and she is great.

Hello, I just found this thread. I was Banded on Feb 20,2006. I have had two fills. My highest weight was 314, the day of Surgery was 300. Today I am at 275,which is 39 lbs lost. I feel like I'm losing to slowly, and my restriction isn't that great. And I never have PB'd. and I can drink fluids with meals.I just called to schedule another fill today. hopefully this will be the one to change things.

Reeiz, Hey welcome to the thread! I think you need another fill...you should not be able to drink while eating...or atleast thats my experience. But congrats on the 37.39 lost thats great!! Good luck and keep us updated!

Reeiz, Hey welcome to the thread! I think you need another fill...you should not be able to drink while eating...or atleast thats my experience. But congrats on the 37.39 lost thats great!! Good luck and keep us updated!

Thankyou, I see we were banded on the same day. I see you've had 5 fills. Should I be going to have a fill like every 4 weeks?

Thankyou, I see we were banded on the same day. I see you've had 5 fills. Should I be going to have a fill like every 4 weeks?

Some drs don't reccomend that...but mine thinks it is important b/c your first 6 months to a year is the ideal weightloss time. I pushed for the fills b/c my insurance paid 100% of my adjustments for the first 3 months. But I think it was the best thing I could of done. Up until my 3rd fill i didn't feel any restriction what so ever and then really didn't get the feelings that everyone on here was explaining until the 4th fill. I really think you need another fill...ofcourse I am not a doctor..but just speaking from experience. Good luck, and let me know what you decide!