Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hi guys...long time no see. I have had so much going on in my life. I moved halfway across the country for a new job...and my life has been crazy good!!!

I was so excited to step on the scale this morning ....yay 80lbs gone!!!!

I feel so great...I have lost 6 dress sizes, 2 ring sizes, 1/2 a shoe size and a cup size (sniff)....

I can put on my "fat" pants...and put both of my legs into one pant leg...It makes me look kinda like a mermaid on the one side......

My kids think I look "HOT".....and everyone thinks my daughter is my sister....this feels great!!!!

hello everyone, i haven't been on for awhile. a little update.

I was refilled on sept 29 with a 2 cc fill. I think this is it for me. This has been a great fill. Total wt loss=-56 lbs to date.

Hope everyone is doing great. Take & god bless, pj

banded: 2/7/06

278/222/175

Hey all Feb 2006 bandsters! Month and a half or so till our anniversary month and I am curious how everyone is doing. This seemed to be a pretty big "class" so lets have a 1 yr anniversary party and see how we all are doing and how things have changed for us.

For instance, i am, as of today, 9 lbs away from a hundred. My goal for me was 100 in a yr and i see no reason I won't make it - if I can get past the cookie burage in every room at the office today. So far so good- after 1 the sugar makes me sick and seeing as i allow myself 1 I take my time picking it out! My knees aren't constantly hurting and my energy level is way up. I am back to walking the dog daily and riding the excersise bike daily also. I still have a long way to go but the change is incredible. My dh is glad to have me back-says he missed the sarcastic, wise ass he had learned to love! Would I do it again? In a heart beat! the only downside i see coming up is i think i can become a bit of a clothes horse as i get thinner! Shopping CAN be fun!

I've lost 126 lbs as of today.My goal is to be 125 pounds.I have 4 pounds to go and it's been less than 10 months! I've recently had a Tummy Tuck (gone bad) with one Dr and recently had a revision to a full lower body lift with another Dr. so I am now very happy with my results and I now feel and look like a totally different person.I am a normal size person now!! Well maybe a little smaller than a normal size person but hey,I can handle that. LOL!! I am so happy my life took this route and so is my husband and kids.Who knows how big I would be by now if I was never banded!

Where has everyone gone????

To date I have lost 95lbs and feel so darn good. I am wearing a size ten and wear medium in shirt sizes. I feel so incredible. I weigh 173 today and it is strange because before when I was a size ten I was closer to 150. I think my tummy is carrying all the extra weight, so I do see a Tummy Tuck in my future. Bottom line I would rather be thin with a tummy then as fat as I used to be.

My goal was to be a size 8 by Feburary, and I know I will reach that goal. My original weighloss goal was 140 because that is what I thought it would take to get to a size 8, now I am not sure what size I will be when I get there.

My kids are so proud of me, they love having a skinny mom!!

I hope to see more of our group post on here.

Hey guys....I have lost almost 80 pounds.....I feel wonderful!!!! We all have done so well!!! We should have a party!!!! That sounds great! I went from a size 20 to a size 6!!! I love my lap-band!!!

I think I'm the underachiever in the crowd :-( I'm stuck at 30-35 lbs., but in my defense I've been on 5 vacations since I was banded - 3 cruises, one of which was part of a month-long vacation in Europe, and 2 all-inclusive resorts. So in part I'm happy because I've lost and haven't gained; I know my lack of spectacular results have to do with eating whatever I want (albeit smaller amounts than I used to) and very little exercise. 2007 is a much slower travel year for me so I'm gearing up to lose more then.

Congrats to everyone on the tremendous results!

To all February bandsters - Merry Christmas to you all and lets hope we all have a great 2007

belated merry x-mas & a happy new year to everyone.

weighing in at 209 down from 278. this 2nd fill that i got on sept 29th has really done it for me. down from size 22/24 to 16/18's. my goal is to be under 200 lbs by my band anniv date:2/7/07. :clap2: i love my band.

hope all is well with everyone. have a great new year. continue to succeed with the wt loss & exercise. stay motivated.

take care & god bless, pj.

banded 2/7/06

278/209/175

I reached 100 pounds lost as of yesterday, Jan. 2, 2007!!!

This feels so great!!

I was out shopping with my 19 year old daughter yesterday and we both fit into the same size pants....(size 9 in juniors)....mine were a little tighter then hers, but I was still able to button them!!

Last night she was going out dancing and actually borrowed some of my new clothes to wear ( I never thought that day would come). All I can say is WOW....I feel so good, I will never regret having my band put in.

Happy New Year to all!!!!

Hello All! Can you believe our year anniversary is around the corner next month?

My current loss to date is 75 pounds and I'm halfway to goal!!! I've never been able to achieve that in my life before! My goal by Feb 21st (my surgery date) is 85 pounds. I hope I make it. My original goal had been 100 in one year, but 85 is still nothing to sneeze at!

I went from size 26 to size 16-18 so far. I want to lose 75-80 more pounds in this upcoming year. I've not really exercised too well this year, so 2007 is my year to get moving!

Congratulations everyone!!! You're doing fantastic!!!

hi everyone,

well i just wanted to share a bit of exciting news. i have lost 70 lbs as of this morning in 11 months since surgery. i am still hoping to be down to

200 or less by 2/7/07. just a personal goal of mine. hope everyone is doing well. talk to you all later.

take care & god bless, p.j.

Hello all! I'm looking to be a Feb 2007 bandster and I wanted to see how well you all before me have done! All I can say is WOW! I hope I'm posting the same results this time NEXT year!

Wow!! I just caught up with the pages & pages I'd missed out on! You guys are amazing!!!! So much progress! I'm embarrassed to start posting again, lol, but I really need to.

I started a "yearly check in thread" for us Febsters, feel free to pop in & say hi! :)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/feb-2006-bandsters-t29851.html?p=394417#post394417

(( Hugs!! ))

Janet

Hey guys, it is so great to hear from you all and see your awesome results!!

I am proud to be one of the Feb 2006 Bandsters!!

Well I am just two pounds away from reaching my goal, and have decided that it really doesnt matter anymore, 2 lbs can go up and down over a weekend right?

I have gone from a size 22 to a size 5/6 and feel so great. I have never been this size before, not even in high school. Sure it seems as though my boobs are gone too.....but bottom line...I would rather be skinny!!

I asked one of my teenage sons the other day if he used to be embarrased of me, he said "no, I just didnt want you to come into my school"....how is that for honesty. Well now my sons think it is so cool that they can pick me up and they think their mom is "HOT".

Getting banded was the best decision I could have made for myself....I will never regret it!

I am going to be in Houston in a couple of weeks and am going to get my band completely unfilled. When I first got it I wasnt losing or gaining any weight until I got my first fill, so I feel like I can maintain my present weight with no fill. I just know that with any fill in my band I can't help but lose weight, and I don't want to start looking sick.

Good luck to all and keep posting!!