Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

I'm up and down 1 stinkin' pound over and over...Aaaarrgh!!!

Aaaarrrgh... me too! For like two weeks now the same pound comes and goes...

I'd like it to just go!

Janet-I wish I lived close to you all cuz I want to attend one of your lunches... maybe I could attend in sprit?

OMG!!! We got pushed to page 2!?!?!?

My wife and I got wrapped up in a couple of books - we had to read them both this weekend, or (we're sure) the sky would have fallen. I apologize profusely for my shameful lack of clever comments over the last 36 hours!!!!!

Soon as I think of one, I'll post it!!!!

Welcome Scott F.

Congratulations skibishop and, SRaeM. Is there ANYTHING better than stepping on that scale and seeing the number lower than the day before? Contrary to what most people feel, I'm encouraged by stepping on the scale every day. If it goes up I know I can take action and send it down again, if it goes down I have a wonderful, warm feeling all day - win win.

Tamyrn, cashley, I feel your pain ladies, I was doing the same thing. May I recommend a good long six-hour PB to get you moving again? I dropped 3 pounds after mine. It's sssssssssssooooooooo not worth it. I'll GLADLY use my treadmill to torture the weight off for the next 3. Yikes!

Julie*, congrats on your fill. Still wondering if I should jump in and test the Water on that front. *knees knocking*

Stacy, Dancer, You GO with your tight jeans. I'm sticking with loose ones for a while - my port site still gets sore if I wear anything tight in the waist. Fortunately, if it fits my @ss it's a little loose in the waist. What a great thought, huh. *sigh*

JerseyTammy, how did the eating go this weekend? *anxious* I plan to get fills only at the beginning of weeks in which the fill doc does not have any vacation scheduled! I'm so nervous about this.

Paula, thanks for the kind words. I so don't like how I look that I avoid cameras like the plague. If I could have got out of the group picture without making a scene I would have. Hopefully, my self-image will improve with my real image. Thanks again, your comment made me feel good.

Mikey! You can't just say that and nothing more! What were the books? The last time I submerged into a two book weekend was with Angels and Demons and The DiVinci Code by Dan Brown. I enjoyed the first one for the work of fiction it is, but when I got to DiVinci Code I was kinda like, "Eh? Who cares?" Didn't finish it. In reality I didn't even give it a chance, just put it down and moved on to a wonderful nonfiction about Henry VIII's six wives by David Starkey. The title? Six Wives, The Queens of Henry VIII. Clever title, huh? It's a pretty good book if you like history and minutia. I'm reading this one at a really slow pace, just savoring it! Well, using it as a sedative is more accurate. lol

I think I'll start a What are you Reading thread!

See you all soon.

Ok Donna... this is weird...

The 2 books we read were the 2 Dan Brown books. I usually enjoy reading the book before seeing the movie - and I imagine that we'll see the movie sometime before long... and since Angels & Demons came first, naturally we had to read it first.

As you said, kinda fun fiction - not very well written, but at least they were interesting stories.

We just got back from the Doc's office - I had my 4th fill, and Janet had her 3rd. I'm hoping that we fill a bit more restriction now... we'll see soon.

Oh, and I'm still working on that clever comment - maybe I'll get inspired before long...

Ah...someone else who has read Angels & Demons!!! Far fetched but an interesting book....I haven't talked to many people who have read it.

Hey all Happy Tuesday!!

Hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend. I visited family in KY so I had a great time. Now its back to work...I am ready for another long weekend......ugh......

NSV: I went to the pool and took off my shirt and got in with my daughter yesterday...INFRONT of my husband...who I never get naked in front of...( I feel naked in a bathing suit...it is the same fear for me..being naked and being in a swim suit..all the same!)

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I am soooooo proud of all of us..we all need a pat on the back! :high5: or a high five...couldn't find a pat on the back. hehe!

I loved Angels and Demons and thought it was much more entertaining (and not as conterversial as the DiVinci Code. I liked the churches in Rome and the descriptions of the Vatican. It makes me want to plan a trip to see the sites their. Of course The Divinci Code makes me want to go to Paris. I love places with lots of history.

Wow Stacy you are doing great. ... I just noticed your fill level. I thought mine was high. I go for my third fill on 6/8... I think it's time for a bit more restriction.

I've been fighting with this one pounds for awhile and it's still going on... so I guess I either need to drop my calories lower or change the types of foods. Something to kick start it.

Hey Feb bandsters!!

Good news, bad news with me. Good news...lost a total of 27 lbs now at the 3 month mark. Bad news...still not able to eat much AT ALL since my 2nd fill. I'm feeling good and not particularly hungry, so I'm going to keep the fill in for now. It sucks for socializing, because everyone wonders why you're just sitting there, but it's nice to continue to lose a little every few days!!

Went to my husband's neice's wedding this weekend. Couldn't eat anything (although I SOMEHOW managed to get a half piece of wedding cake and 1/2cup of punch down!!) except a few green Beans and a few pieces of lettuce. Several commented on the fact that I'm showing my weight loss now. (YEAH!!) But...I couldn't find any new outfit to wear to the wedding (Boo!!) I thought I'd be feeling "prettier" when I went shopping, but it was depressing. I wanted to go home and drown my sorrows in some junk food....but I COULDN'T!! How's that for a bummer....couldn't even drown my sorrows when I saw my figure in those darn dept store mirrors!!!

I may still have to get a little unfill, and probably SHOULD, but I'm enjoying the weight loss for now. I had 2 bites of grits for Breakfast and 2 boiled shrimp for lunch. (Had coffee in between). Not much food, but---then again---I have lots of EXTRA fat to use for fuel.

Please keep me in your prayers, as I have PB'd and/or vomited food up quite a bit lately. I guess I'm getting the "negative" feedback ingrained in my brain, because I'm beginning to not even want to eat at all...partly for fear of PB'ing, but also because it's easier to avoid food completely than to try to figure out what will go down smoothly or what won't.

My biggest issue is not exercising...I just hate it. I know I need to...my knees are doing better...I just don't like to do it at all. But, I know it will make the difference in my measurements as well as my weight loss....so I'm gonna do it....tomorrow...:)

Hope everyone is having great success with their band.

Love and prayers for you all!

Nanster

Message for Janet C

Hi this is cozzie

I would just like to update my stats if that's ok

I am self pay and had my first fill on 24th April of 2cc and my weight lose is now 36 pounds

You are doing a great job

Thanks

Nanster,

I had my second fill last Friday (May 26) and I can't eat solids yet either. I'm surviving on 4 oz. Tomato Soup or Protein Shakes. Don't fret the lack of solids, just concentrate on all the weight we're losing at last.

Pat

Hello my friends

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Naster- I had my 3rd fill on Friday, I am now at 9cc in a 10cc band and girl everything I eat hurts. I am thankful I have not thrown up or pbed one time since Friday and I have managed to lose 4 lbs too. I spent years trainning myself not to throw-up so I am thinking this could work as an advantage maybe, or it could go the other way.

This weekend I learned the only way I could any food down without being in so much pain was to take bites the size of an english pea, girl it took me 20 minutes to get a half of a rib down. I dont know if this is normal or not. I mean is this what being banded is all about? I havent had really any good restriction until now but how do I know if it is too much?

Hang in there Nanster, we will get through this some how, you're in my prayers hun.

Get my second fill Fri., I can't wait to have the kind of restriction ya'll are describing...

I found a pic. of myself at 150 lbs. in a bikini, can't wait to look like that again!

Congrats Donna, and :omg: oh a full week of liquids!! Wow my doctor just tells me to "take it easy" the rest of the day after a fill.

I am still having a lot of pain when I eat, I have got to get this "eat slowly, and chew chew chew" working better for me.

I wonder if 9cc in a 100 cc is my sweet spot?:rolleyes