Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Welcome Cozzie!! We're glad you're here! Congrats on your 28 pounds! That's awesome!

And welcome to Delia!! She joins us via PM. I'll let her post any info she wants made public. We're glad you're here, Delia!! ;)

Mikey! How good to hear from you! (Heh, yeah, I know I'm silly. :D)

Hey Lisa! Several of the Febsters lost their first fill. And I heard several from January talking about it in the "General" board. It seems to be a common problem with "first fills". Something about air in the band from the surgery leading to evaporation. I don't really understand it, but I know it does happen. Until it happens several times, I'd assume "normal" & not a leak. Hope your restriction stays!! And big congrats on another 10 pounds, wow!! Sorry I can't help you with Ticker Factory... I've never used it.

Wow Julie!! That's a lot of liquid! You'll be dropping pounds like no one's business! ;) I've never heard of such a restricted fill diet, but if you can do it, wow!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around. Been in a rotten mood and so totally stressed out by work.

I have a big product launch next week and it may be the death of me. I just want this product to hit the market so I can move on! LOL! Plus, my boss is in town the rest of this week. UGH! Hopefully the next three days will go fast.

See? All that complaining! That is why I have stayed away!

One of my best girlfriends had her little boy on Monday and I got to meet him last night...talk about making my day!

Other than that, the walking seems to be doing the trick and the scale is starting to move down again! YAHOO! I have my second fill scheduled for Friday. While the scale is moving again, I have ZERO restriction.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome to all the new members to our growing "little" group, (notice the pun) Cozzie, Tammyrn, Hanahh, Lisa, & Delia

Julia- wow I have never heard of being on liquids for that long after a fill, I would be interested in his reasoning behind it though. And girl, you went to Disney and didnt gain any weight. I AM IMPRESSED! The last time I was there everything was wonderful and very fatten. Great going! and welcome back

Lisa- I think to update your ticker you have to go back where you made it and re-enter your numbers. You may even have to make a new one with the new numbers.

Donna- Oh I dread the day, I havent had my first PB yet either. I am such a big chicken I am doing everything I can not to. Now the golf ball and me seem to have become good friends, OK I lied, I hate her, she hurts like crazy but she keeps me from over eating.

Stacey- Birthday parties and social gatherings are hard. I find myself eating with even thinking about it. I mean I have actually been half way through a piece of cake and realized I was eating it. Scarey thought isnt it. I also realized I couldnt have told you what kind of cake I was eating until it was brought to my attention. Yeah know I think that says a lot about me.

Janet- you are amazing how you seem to keep up with us all. Sorry to hear you were also having a bad week, chin up girl, what doesnt kill us makes us stronger. Ya know I wonder if the person that said that is dead? Make ya wonder sometimes, I know it does me any way!

Ok update on me and venting sessions so here is where you might want to stop reading and skip to the next thread.

I have managed to lose 1 lb! UGHHHHH Now I know it is a lost and not a gain so I should be happy but when you're like me and such a long way to go a pound seems like.........well heck I dont know what it seems like but I am so disappointed in me. With the moods swings and 2 periods in one month this hasnt been a good last couple of weeks.

My Mom called last night, I dont know if I ever told you guys but she is the baby of 10!!!! I have 27 first cousins, and we are a close family. Well her brother-in-law had surgery a couple of weeks ago and his stiches werent looking so good. His wife ( my aunt, mom's sister) took him to the ER to have them take a look. While they were in the room with the doctor looking my uncle over, my aunt stops breathing and passes out. She had a massive heart attack. They are both in the hosiptal now, they found out he does have some kind of infection and will need another surgery in a day or two and my Aunt is in ICU. My mom is all to pieces and there is nothing I can do. I am feeling very guilty that I am so fair away. I have 3 kids in school, one a senoir, and a full time job. I used all my vacation days when I was banned so I can't really afford to be out of work. I want to lock myself in a room and cry. I am fighting the urge to kill all this pain and sadness with food! I really feel like I am at the end of my rope.

Well thanks for letting me vent and have a good cry. Please keep my family in your prayers during this tough and trying time.

Love ya all

Tammy - Honey! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. What a God send that your Aunt was already in the ER! Keep coming here and we will support you. Please keep us updated.

I hope my first fill evaporated...I don't feel like I have any restriction. I have arrangements to go back to Mexico the first weekend in June, I'd go sooner but my 17 yr old wants to go and he has never been to Mexico so.....Anyway, I have a 4cc band and my first fill was 2.8cc, so I hope it evaporated if not will I be able to get restriction?

This is the first time I've seen this. I hope it's not to late to join. I had my 2nd fill this week. I'm not totally sure yet if I have any restriction or not. So far it's been all will power - yuck! It's nice to see people on the same level as me. Please add me to your group. Banded by Dr. Cudjoe, Alma on 2/14/06 10cc band.

Tammy: I am so sorry to hear about your aunt and Uncle. Please know that they are in my prayers. Try to keep smiling...I know that it is hard..I too have a big family and we are all really close. It sucks when something bad happens and we are far away!! I thinking of ya!

Welcome to all the new members!!!! JUmp in with both feet!

Ok...I have totally fallen off the wagon! I have eaten everything in sight the past week. I have been so stressed and on an eating frenzy! I haven't gained any weight yet, but its probably coming. Please someone give me words of encouragement!! I need it badly!

I just got the news this morning, my Aunt is out of surgery and in ICU. The doctors had to put 6 stints in instead of the 4 they had planned on.

Thank you all for your prayers and hugs, I know he answered!!!!!

I will check back in later.

(((((((my friends)))))) ya love

LOL, Michelle! Complain away! It's what we're here for! Hope your product launch goes smoothly... and quickly! I'm so glad your scale is moving!! And good luck with your fill tomorrow!

Congrats on your 1 pound, Tammy! I know what you mean about it seeming SOOOO far, but at least it's a pound in the correct direction! And with what you've been going through, ANY loss is worth celebrating!! I'm so sorry about your uncle & aunt! How provident that the heart attack happened inside a hospital! I'm sure she was better off with the immediate care. If you can, try to focus on the positive... she lived through it, she's doing ok, they're both in a good facility that's taking good care of them. I know it stinks to not be there (I'm away from my family too), but you can be an awesome long-distance support: pray, send cards, telephone. You get to stay in touch & help them smile & not have to hear them whine! :Banane13: I'll be praying for you!! Love you, girl!

Ouch on the no restriction, Tamyrn! But a trip to Mexico with your son, how fun! On your question, I ate lunch last Sat with a lady that also has a 4cc band. She said that at 3.7 she has no restriction, at 3.9 she's too full, but at 3.8 she's at her sweet spot. So there's hope!! And Kelbel just got 10.1 in a 10cc band, lol. Weird, but true! :Banane45: You'll get there!

Welcome SRaeM!! It's never too late to join us! Jump on in & start telling us about your journey! We love to Celebrate & cry & prop each other up as we struggle towards our goals together. Ahhh, another VG band (10cc). Tammy & Mikey have them as well. It seems like someone else did to, but I can't remember who! :woot: Hang in there, restriction WILL come!

Ouch, Stacey!! And OH MY GOODNESS, you weight 175!!!! When did that happen? Heh, these things just slip up on me! :) That's so awesome, though, you only have 50 more pounds to go!! You must be feeling so great!

My advice, lol, if you choose to accept it. Hmmm... um... yeah. So I'm off the wagon with you. Focus on one thing. Start with Water. Get in enough of it. And keep your bod moving! Try to substitute something else for stress eating. Squeeze a tennis ball, punch a punch bag, take up karate (lol), scream in your car, anything but food.< /p>

And now I get to go read that last paragraph to myself in the mirror! :Banane11: Here, I'll boost you back up on the wagon. Then if you wouldn't mind, would you pull me up behind you? :) Thanks!

That's awesome news about your aunt, Tammy!!! Thanks for keeping us updated! :) We're still praying... let us know how it all goes!

Thanks JanetC!!!!!!! you made me smile this morning. I have to increase my water...I have not done well with that at all. I am going to start making better decisions....as of uhhhh.......lunch, cause i ruined Breakfast by eating eggs, cheese, and 1/2 biscuit. Do you think I am restricted enough..that is alot of food isn't it! O'well...talk to you guys soon!

Oh....and Tammy....I am glad your aunt is doing ok in ICU.....I will continue to pray for her. how is your uncle?

Tammy, I'm praying for your entire family. Hang in there.......we're here for you whenever you need us.

Morning all! I'm with you, Stacey... I've been thinking about the "restricted enough" question for myself. I think I can eat too much. The doctor's office feels like as long as I'm losing weight I shouldn't get filled. I want to tell them that it's just a matter of time before I gain instead of lose, lol. Mikey tells me to focus on how much less I'm eating today then last year. But, but, but, I want to be eating less!

But then I hear horror stories of those that get too tight & have to battle reflux, slipping, liquid syndrome, etc. I don't want to be one of them.

So I guess my advice to you is... um... yeah. As long as you're losing, keep your current fill. But if you're losing through sheer grit... through will power only... and you know you can eat more, you're just keeping yourself on a tight leash... then tell your doctor that & see if he'll go for another fill. Keep in mind that even taking out your pre-op loss, you've lost right at 1.5 pounds a week, so you're on a rabbit's pace. You're doing great!! (( Hugs!! )) Let us know what you decide! :confused:

My Aunt Pauline is still in ICU but the doctors are hoping to move her out today, she seems to be doing well, she is 78.

My Uncle Joe’s surgery is over but no real positive news. He is in ICU as well but on a different floor than Aunt Pauline. They removed most of intestinal tract except a small portion of his small intestine and he does have a colostomy bag. The doctors said they removed an excessive amount of infection (due to a blockage in his bowels) from his body and did not sew him up after surgery. They said this would be less traumatic to the body when they had to go back in. The doctors did comment on his age(late 70's) and said that it would be difficult for him to handle more surgery. The comment was also made (since they are both in the hospital) that Joe may need to go to a rest home for rehabilitation.

My mom and another aunt are still there doing what they can. Please continue to pray for my family during this time.

I must say this out my eating and worrying out of control, I am wanting junk food, still no chocolate but I think I may have replaced it with potatoe chips. I had potatoe chips for breakfast and I am fighting the urge to go get a bag out of the vending machine. Oh God I feel so gulity even talking about this. I have family fighting for their lives and I am thinking about my eating habits.

I am so totally overwhelmed right now y'all I honestly dont know what to do!

Tammy - Honey you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I understand this must be a difficult time, but don't beat yourself up. We all have to fight our old habits, whether we are happy or sad. It is who we are...and we love you. Remember we are always here for you!