Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling tattoed bandsters!

Anwyn

Okay, I've had a few glasses of wine, and I've always wondered this... I know we have lots of LBT members with tattoes. As you lose (or gain) weight, have they shrunk nicely, or do you have a bunch of tattoes that look like something out of a Salvador Dali painting? My sister has a big tiger on her stomach, and I've always wondered if it turned into a big blob after she got pregnant...

Just a side note: my mom is so cute... she was just talking the other day about how so and so's daughter had a tattoo and none of her kids would ever get one. Little does she know 3 of her 5 kids have one, lol. (not me - I was too chicken, but maybe when I get down to goal!!)

A. Share that wine!

B. Ok, no telling about what happens when you lose weight - but boy I can tell you about when you gain! On my husband's 30th birthday (boy that seems like so long ago!), we went out and had a little too much to drink. We were out with friends and somehow ended up in a tattoo parlor. Now I remember very little of this, but the next morning I woke up with blue dolphins swimming around my ankle - ;) :doh: . I just cried and cried!!! I don't even like blue! And dolphins? Do they mean something special to me?? No, not really. UGH.

Well, as if the horrid bright blue dolphins swimming around my ankle weren't bad enough, why not gain an extra 50 lbs and turn those blue dolphins into blue whales! It's not a pretty picture. I live for the day they turn back into dolphins. Better yet, little blue minnows would be good. :Banane23:

I guess I should be wondering this myself. I haven't really lost enough yet to make a difference, but when I do, I have 3 tattoos. One on my arm, one on my wrist, and one on my ankle. I guess time will tell, eh?

Well, tattooes are right up my alley so here are mine. I think everyone should put there tats on this thread. This is a great idea Anwyn!

I won 2nd place for back at the Live Fast 2005 Tattoo Convention in Houston, TX and it is published on Tattoo Directory under Best of 2005! I haven't put either arm in competition but I have thought about it. Hopefully the one on my back doesn't change but if it does a little I will just have to have more work done!

Come on Bandsters...Show us your tats! :clap2:

post-205130-13813132793279_thumb.jpg

post-205130-1381313279353_thumb.jpg

post-205130-13813132793778_thumb.jpg

I got one on my right breast when I was 18 and stupid lol. I got pregnant, they grew. The single lines turned into double and triple lines. Then I gained weight and more of the same happened. Now, its a big ole saggy blob. I've asked the surgeon if he can remove it when he does my breast reduction. Here's hoping!

I also have a tribal on my right arm and one on my lower back (which I love!!).

I'll post pics just as soon as I can get some taken.

Well i got my tat on my lower back when i was at my heavyest.... I think it still looks the same but people comment that it looks bigger as i lost wieght.. f77f.jpg?phoPw3DBsss3lFkt.... who knows but here it is...

;)Even the most conservative get them!! I swore that I would never get one and it all started with a little one that was covered up on my back by my big one! Then I got the fever! They are very addictive!! But I totally understand! :biggrin1: Lots of pain on my back but my arms were fine..not alot of pain at all! It's scary at first! I know! I got light headed and flushed on my first! Got fresh air and then...:faint:LOL!!

I have one on the back of my shoulder. I have'nt seen it in a long time ;)

(it's like trying to look at my shoes, I just don'et move like that any more)

Ironically, since you posted this, one of my rewards when I hit my goal is a new tattoo.

Here are a few of my tats. I had eight total, but one was a cover-up. Not as awesome as Kathy473, but most of mine were during my partying days. LOL! Will post others when I can get someone to take a pic of my back.

post-206023-13813132800229_thumb.jpg

post-206023-13813132802782_thumb.jpg

post-206023-13813132805327_thumb.jpg

post-206023-13813132807872_thumb.jpg

I have a dolphin on one ankle and a japanese symbol for love on the other with Pauls name under it. They never changed much with weight loss or gain, but I have always wanted to get one on my lower back...it is what I will reward myself with at goal. How beautiful its going to look when I am 90 hehe.

I'm getting a new one for my birthday! ;) I have one on my right shoulderblade, and this one will be on my left. The one I have has not changed with weightloss or gain, so I figure another in the same area won't hurt :Banane23:

I have the following tattoos

1) a rose with 3 cherries and a snake wrapped around it on my rear

2) an armadillo on the top of my right foot

3) a butterfly sitting on a waterlily with a phoenix rising behind if on my right breast

4) A shovelhead engine with pipes and flames on my stomach

I used to get a new tattoo or something added on when I had a memorable event in my life. I got my last tattoo in 1985 - hmmmm, I guess that means my life has been boring for 21 years... Celeste

I have, and I am going to have them all removed. then when I am down to goal and surgery is all done I am going to get a butterfly my husband drew on my hip/back area. symbol of my change ;) All of the tats I have I got when I was very young and stooooopid. And all of them are in areas that make it hard to wear summer clothes or sexy clothes without the tats showing. I don't even know what it is like to wear an evening gown without a really high neck and a skirt that goes all the way to the floor, and long sleeves. My wedding was awful trying to keep the neckline in place so that my tattoos didn't show LOL double sided tape doesn't work all that grand.

Amy

I don't have a tattoo, but I'm thinking that I might need one that's infused with healing energy.

When I was 15 I lived in a group home and all the other kids were giving each other a prison tats to that they wouldn't forget. They were mad at me because I wasn't about let some 16 year-old kid use a safty pin and Bic ink to give me a tattoo.