Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANY HOPE OF RESTRICTION AFTER FIRST Lap Band FILL????

Thanks for the good luck and happy early birthday to you!!! Wow - our start weights and weight losses so far are pretty close - best of luck to you!!!!!! :)

thanks :) keep me posted on that fill... i want to know what to expect! and yes, our stats are very close!

I had my surgery in August 2010 and I had my first fill in february 2011. I still am on that one fill, so it really depends on the person. I lost about 60 pounds with no fill, so keep that hope alive! :D

I had my surgery in August 2010 and I had my first fill in february 2011. I still am on that one fill, so it really depends on the person. I lost about 60 pounds with no fill, so keep that hope alive! :D

I hope that's me... congrats on your weightloss! If there's anything I've learned so far in this journey it's that everyone is different. I hope I most resemble your journey lol

How did you feel that the first fill restricted you? Did you get full faster? Need less food? I'm having my first fill this week and was wondering what it will be like. I'm starting to feel more hungry and am hoping the fill helps.

JennyPenny

I had my first fill in june. He tried 3 cc and it was way too tight so he pulled back .2 so I am at 2.8 cc. I have awesome restriction. So awesome that at my last visit I lost 16 lbs and didn't need any adjustments. I average 800-1200 cals a day. I am really hoping this lasts. I was under the assumption it would take many fills to get in the green zone.

Good luck!

Got my first fill today...quick and painless. My band now has 4ccs. Now I'm back to liquids for a few days. Will keep you posted and would love to hear about other first-time fill experiences.

I'm so glad you posted this b/c I'm feeling the same way...I feel hungry all the time and I'm so scared that I have streched my pouch but I keep hearing "don't worry, you're fine" and my 1st fill is on Aug 18th...I had surgery July 19 and have lost 17 lbs since, but I feel like I'm starving so I hope this 1st fill does it for me because my husband is deployed and will be home on leave the middle of December so I want to do the best I can to surprise him with my weight loss!! :)

I had my first fill on Wed and got 2 cc in a 10 cc band. I have restriction and it is great! Had to stay on liquids for 24 hrs and then good to go after that.

that depends on you, your band size, and how much your getting for a fill.

If it's done under fluoroscopy, then they can take you straight to your fill line.

My first fill was only one cc...and I was feeling kinda bad about calling for another one so soon, but I think I will tomorrow. Thanks for this post :)

I am not banded yet, but I do know a girl that is banded and she did not have to have even one fill until 8 months out. I can only hope to be like that .:)

Well, had my first fill today! Was supposed to happen yesterday (Aug. 9) but three days prior, I woke up with a dull pain in my torso (not sure exactly from where) and it continued as a dull ache until Tuesday. I opted to wait until Tuesday to talk to the surgeon since I was already coming in then and I hear so much on these forums that the emergency room staff oftentimes have little to no experience with band patients and routinely tell you to go see your surgeon rather than "mess with" the band. The pain was not excrutiating but I still knew something was "off" and I assumed it had something to do with my band since I'm otherwise healthy and that is the only thing that was "different" about me lately. In any event, I suspected the surgeon would not fill me in the office as had been planned after he heard about my pain (and I don't blame him). After going through my symptoms he was perplexed as to why I was feeling pain. The band was "too new" to have slipped or eroded (I was banded July 5) and there was no saline in it at all since surgery - so he did not know what was causing it. At first he said he would schedule me for a barium swallow - but then I suggested a flouroscopy fill and he agreed. Luckily I was able to do it already this morning. I was joking with him Tuesday that I was "starving" and debated telling him about the pain because I was so eager to get the fill. In any event, we did the flouroscopy and he found no problems with my band at all and filled it with 3ccs (I forgot to ask again how many ccs my band holds - will ask next time - I'm assuming 10 or 14 ccs). He did not numb the spot but the needle prick only hurt for a couple seconds so it was not too bad. I'm hoping with a 3cc fill I will feel restriction but only time will tell. I'm on Clear Liquids today, solid liquids tomorrow, and mushies Friday, after which I can do solid food as tolerated. I'm glad to know there was no saline in the band leading up today as that explains why I have been SO HUNGRY since healing a couple weeks after surgery. I'll keep you all posted after Friday and let you know if I can feel any restriction. BEST OF LUCK TO US ALL AND THANKS FOR THE REPLIES AND SUPPORT!!!!:)

Had first fill on Monday a month after surgery; I now have 4ccs in my 10 cc band. I had liquids/mushies Monday and Tues. and I was pretty hungry. Now I am back to solids and doing ok. Can anyone explain what restriction feels like?

I had my first fill in July , about 4 weeks after surgery. I didn't feel any restriction between surgery and the first fill and I really don't feel much now. I had 3 CCs put in, originally it was 3.8 but I couldn't finish a cup of Water so the PA took some out. I feel hungry like normal and it makes it hard to not eat like I did before.

The only difference I noticed is, I can still eat a good amount of food, but just not over stuff myself like I did before. Pop is a little harder for me to drink too, I'll take one or two sips and pour out the rest because it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Here's to hoping my 2nd fill does better. :D