Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks ,everyone

I went for my 3rd fill 4 days ago and had 1.5 this brings me to 6 .5 cc in a 10 cc band.

WELL I THINK ACAIDA IS RIGHT, I WAS NOT WATCHING WHAT food I WAS EATING.

NOW ,I STOPPED PICKING FOOD BETWEEN MEALS,STOPPED EATING NICE FOOD JUST BECAUSE IT GOES DOWN,

AND STARTED EATING SLOWLY ,I NOW CAN EAT VERY LITTLE,

SO IM SMILING :D

GOT ON THE scales THIS MORNING AND IM DOWN 6 POUNDS SINCE FILL .

I JUST HOPE ,IT KEEPS GOING DOWN.

ILL, KEEP YE ALL POSTED,.

JELLYTOTS

HI EVERYONE

I HAD MY LAPBAND FITTED IN APRIL 2011, LOST 1 STONE 10 POUNDS BEFORE FIRST FILL IN JUNE 2011 .

first fill was 3cc, second fill in july was 2cc no weight loss ,going for my 3rd fill tomorow and i think he is only giveing me 1cc

i feel no different,its like i never had a lapband fitted,is their anyone else going through the same thing,

and has anyone had more than 1cc on their 3rd fill.and what is the least amount of time i should leave between fills.

jellytots.

Sometimes it takes a few fills before you really feel something. As you lose weight you will need to keep getting fills because the fat pad around your stomach will shrink and the band will loosen up. Everyone is different; some people need 5 or 6 fills, some need more, some never need any. I myself just had my 4th fill on Monday. Don't be discouraged, you'll find the green zone eventually!

HI EVERYONE

I HAD MY LAPBAND FITTED IN APRIL 2011, LOST 1 STONE 10 POUNDS BEFORE FIRST FILL IN JUNE 2011 .

first fill was 3cc, second fill in july was 2cc no weight loss ,going for my 3rd fill tomorow and i think he is only giveing me 1cc

i feel no different,its like i never had a lapband fitted,is their anyone else going through the same thing,

and has anyone had more than 1cc on their 3rd fill.and what is the least amount of time i should leave between fills.

jellytots.

ahhhhh, jellytots.....you could be me!!! I had mine done on 4/18/11, first two fills and I feel NOTHING. I could eat a horse if i wanted to. I posted just the other day that I "need a swift kick in the arsss" (that was my post heading) and I feel the same way you do. I'm frustrated, I know all the "Rules" but nothing is happening. I'm hungry, I rarely get full with my measured alloted food amount so I eat more and I can't stay under my 1,100 calories. Everyone tells me to stick it out, that once we reach the sweet spot things will start happening so all I can tell you is that you are not suffering alone. I didn't expect a miracle, and I know this is a "tool" like everyone tells me but I thought this tool was supposed to help me. I get angry because if I wanted to be in a 1,100 calorie diet and starve myself, I could have done that without surgery. I thought this surgery was supposed to make the 1,100 calorie DIET a little easier to deal with and get through. I failed diets and I feel like I'm failing this too. I want my band to work with me and so far it isn't cooperating. We just have to stick it out. I do my best but try not to kick myself too hard anymore if I can't follow all the rules because I'm legitimately hungry....not head hungry...stomach hungry. I talk to myself to see which it is...if I'm stomach hungry, I eat. Good luck, stick it out and we just have to keep following our rules and do the best we can till we "get the spot"....

Good luck to you

I was banded in March this year, just got to 7cc and FINALLY am starting to loose from restraint. My doctor told me if you have a 10cc band that most people don't feel much until they reach 7-9cc. I came home from the hospital at 0cc so it was a LONG wait to get the feeling like the surgery was worth it. Ask your doctor what size band you have??

Hello, April bandsters (jellytots & slm2007) ,,,,,,,,same thing here, after my 4th fill, I thought I was doing good found my "green zone" but about 4 days later it went away, so made quick appt to get 5th fill (5cc in a 10 cc band) but today, 4 days later, I can tell Im going to have to go back again. but with all the time I have taken off work and the 35.00 for a co-pay each time I go in (except my 1st fill was under flouro 268.00 out of pocket) its going to have to wait....thought maybe I need to stop coming to this fourm for awile, as much as Im happy for all those doing good its a great reminder how bad its going for me, I keep telling myself at least Im not gaining but it has been 4 months now and I have lost 6 -7 lb (not counting the 20 from pre-op diet) dunno .....think Im just tired maybe tomorrow will be better. GOODLUCK LADIES! I'll keep an eye open for your future post.

I was banded in March this year, just got to 7cc and FINALLY am starting to loose from restraint. My doctor told me if you have a 10cc band that most people don't feel much until they reach 7-9cc. I came home from the hospital at 0cc so it was a LONG wait to get the feeling like the surgery was worth it. Ask your doctor what size band you have??

Jennifer,

Thank you for your post! the way my doc does fills, 1/2 cc at a time,(hopefully) looks like 7 months and 548.00 later I might be seeing some results, I sure can see why people give up, huh? neways, thank you for your post, I think I am starting to get that fear that I am going to be one of those people they say "a band just doesnt work for". :o

Going to stick this thing out.... its become a personal Quest for myself seems that everyone else has given up on seeing any results, but knowing it took you 7cc to get to a happy place makes it seem possible for me.

Hello, April bandsters (jellytots & slm2007) ,,,,,,,,same thing here, after my 4th fill, I thought I was doing good found my "green zone" but about 4 days later it went away, so made quick appt to get 5th fill (5cc in a 10 cc band) but today, 4 days later, I can tell Im going to have to go back again. but with all the time I have taken off work and the 35.00 for a co-pay each time I go in (except my 1st fill was under flouro 268.00 out of pocket) its going to have to wait....thought maybe I need to stop coming to this fourm for awile, as much as Im happy for all those doing good its a great reminder how bad its going for me, I keep telling myself at least Im not gaining but it has been 4 months now and I have lost 6 -7 lb (not counting the 20 from pre-op diet) dunno .....think Im just tired maybe tomorrow will be better. GOODLUCK LADIES! I'll keep an eye open for your future post.

Thanks for this...not that I'm glad I'm not alone in this struggle, but I'm glad I'm not alone. I also tell myself that at least I'm not gaining but seeing the scale move 1 pound in 4 weeks is very frustrating!

I have a 10cc band and have had good appetite restriction since I got to around 4 or 5 cc's. What happens is that as you lose weight, you also lose some of the fat around your stomach and the band becomes lose again, then you need another little fill. So each dress size most folks need a little adjustment.

Also the band isn't supposed to "restrict" what we eat.. it's supposed to dim our appetite so that we can make healthier choices most of the time.

This might be helpful to read:

http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Hang in there.. the band can and does work for many people. :)

Are you tracking your food?

What are you eating?

When are you eating it?

How much are you eating?

How long before you're hungry again?

Are you snacking?

What are you drinking?

Are you exercising?

It's likely the band is doing what it's supposed to do - but you're not. As harsh as that sounds it happens to all of us. My scale will move just fine if I eat properly and work out. But if I start eating chocolate and cheetos then I plateau.

The band's purpose is to help you not be so hungry between meals - assuming you're eating the right types of food. Monitor all of the above for 6 weeks and see if you lose.

Thanks ,everyone

I went for my 3rd fill 4 days ago and had 1.5 this brings me to 6 .5 cc in a 10 cc band.

WELL I THINK ACAIDA IS RIGHT, I WAS NOT WATCHING WHAT food I WAS EATING.

NOW ,I STOPPED PICKING food BETWEEN MEALS,STOPPED EATING NICE FOOD JUST BECAUSE IT GOES DOWN,

AND STARTED EATING SLOWLY ,I NOW CAN EAT VERY LITTLE,

SO IM SMILING :D

GOT ON THE scales THIS MORNING AND IM DOWN 6 POUNDS SINCE FILL .

I JUST HOPE ,IT KEEPS GOING DOWN.

ILL, KEEP YE ALL POSTED,.

JELLYTOTS

If you do all the right things, the band will work with you. It is not a quick fix but a tool to help. I have friends much like many members on this forum that have lost 50, 60 and up to 100 pounds with banding. Remember, we are what we eat. We stick to a healthy program, keep away from binging, eating junk, emty calories, exercise, the pounds will come off. My dietician said, after surgery the weight comes off fast, such as in my case; then it slows to 3-4 per week then 2 per week then 1-2 per week. I go for my first fill in 6 weeks. Right now, on Tuesday it will be two weeks post-op. I will see my surgeon again on Wednesday since I saw her associate on Friday because she was away. Right now I am averaging about a pound a day so i am very happy with that. We cannot expect miracles overnight.

Good luck to all.

When I went in for my second fill, the Dr told me they encourage and hope for atleast a 4lb loss after the first fill. Don't be discouraged. I had my surgery on May 5th and have lost 41lbs including loss from my 2 week pre op diet. I've had times that I am juggling 2-3 lbs and it DOES suck, I'm sure I'll have issues again. This is a battle we are fighting every day, and this is a battle I have to win for my kids. So, I can't let those times bring me down. Just press on, you'll get through it. When I have times I don't have a lot of restriction, if I start counting calories it makes it a little easier on me.