Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days out. hunger sneaks up on me.

I just had my surgery last Thursday and I'm finding I get hungry about every 3 hours. The thing is though, that by the time I realize I'm hungry, it's more like I'm starving. Maybe I should set a timer to remind myself to eat about every 2 hours and 45 min. It doesn't take much to fill me up, but hunger is a beast lol.

i'm having the same problem! my surgery was on july 28th. my hunger pains have been waking me up everynight also. but i've found that i'm soooo over the liquid diet. i cannot find anything that is satisfying to me. today was a bad day for me, emotionally. how are you doing with the liquid diet?

liquid diet sucks for me. Have found applesauce works well though. Flows through like liquids but a lot more satisfying. I've even had to thoroughly chew some ramen noodles to satisfy the beast a couple of times lol.

we are all having the same problem. I woke up today starving. I know I can't eat but man of I could. O had surgery on the 28th also. I guess I will just make a Protein Shake. Good luck .

Totally agree. One week out and I am so tired of the liquid diet. Really getting hard to stick to this. Only consuming maybe 400 - 500 calories a day and really not losing too much. Getting discouraged......after all I am on this starvation diet!!!! What will happen when I start eating.CAT

I also had surgery on the 28th.... feeling the same way.... starving. I've already gone through "why did I do this to myself" stage. Watching my daughter eat cheezits is killing me.

Understand the hunger pangs...today is my 10th day being banded and liquids can be a pain...

Have been reading this forum since being banded and realize that every Doctor is different when it comes to the does and don'ts. If you can drink it thru a straw you can have it is my Dr's mantra...so I get creative...it's

like trying a new recipe...puree your favorite Soups...thin down mashed potatoes with some broth...anything

different helps soothe those hunger pangs!!

I also now know that this is the ultimate diet challenge....if I want to cheat...I will pay AND I paid way too

much to mess this up!

Stay busy...do little things like clean out that junk drawer (we all have one)...reorganize the closet...in

other words...keep your mind off of your hunger!!

Good luck to all biggrin.gif