Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This might be a crazy question but I was wondering about buffet bars. I know that with our cards we can order off childrens menu or appetizers... Does anyone know if we should be able to get into a buffet bar at a childs cost? With the way I feel now I couldn't eat as much as a child. I am only 3 days post op and the band doesn't have filling in it and I haven't been hungry at all. I make myself eat small amounts during the day but have really lost all desire to eat. I havent been able to go anywhere near the 1200 calories I am supposed to be eating now.

Tabby Ann,

What is this card you speak of?! I had surgery May 31st and when I go out to dinner I always want to order from the childrens menu but I see the age restriction. Is there a card that we can get from the doctors office? That would be fantastic!!!!!!!

This is why I love this site!!!!!!!

Thanks and good luck! :D

Tabby Ann,

What is this card you speak of?! I had surgery May 31st and when I go out to dinner I always want to order from the childrens menu but I see the age restriction. Is there a card that we can get from the doctors office? That would be fantastic!!!!!!!

This is why I love this site!!!!!!!

Thanks and good luck! :D

The staff gave me a packet from Lapband.com and in it was a temporary card I could use until after surgery and then I sent in the form this morning to receive my permanant card. I don''t know if you can go to the lapband site and request one.. Maybe you could call your weightloss center and ask them for this packet.

I was also wondering if it will be hard going through the airport because of the port. If so this card would come in handy.

Thanks so much !!!! Im going to aks about this at my next appointment!!!:D

Thanks so much !!!! Im going to aks about this at my next appointment!!!:D

You're Very Welcome!

I received a card from the lap band company indicating the serial number of the lap band installed inside me but there was nothing mentioned about being able to order from a children's menu - I have never heard of this. Where did you receive this information?

I received a card from the lap band company indicating the serial number of the lap band installed inside me but there was nothing mentioned about being able to order from a children's menu - I have never heard of this. Where did you receive this information?

If you look at the back of the card it says: "Notice to restaurants: Please allow this person to order smaller portions as the amount of food this person can eat has been greatly reduced." It's up to the restaurant but most places will let you order from the children's menu. My local Golden Corral charges me the 12 year old's price.

Anyone who doesn't have one can get one here: Lapband ID card

I travel by plane every week for work ( 4 airports a week usually) and the band is not detected - since it is made with silcione it does not cause any problem's :)

The staff gave me a packet from Lapband.com and in it was a temporary card I could use until after surgery and then I sent in the form this morning to receive my permanant card. I don''t know if you can go to the lapband site and request one.. Maybe you could call your weightloss center and ask them for this packet.

I was also wondering if it will be hard going through the airport because of the port. If so this card would come in handy.

I travel by plane every week for work ( 4 airports a week usually) and the band is not detected - since it is made with silcione it does not cause any problem's :)

Thanks for clearing that up Debora Anne. I don't know why I was thinking there was metal in the port. :D

Thank you so much for letting us know about the CARD, I knew I could get one when I fly but my Dr, never really said much more. I had my op on July 25 th of this year. I will ask at my next Dr apt.

Thank you again.

Mary

My doctor gave me a card stating I had stomach surgery and can't eat more than 3oz. But I have never used it because most kids menus are loaded with fat and sugar.

My card I got from my Realize Band surgeon's office saying I had weight loss surgery and to allow me to eat from a childrens menu which I've done many times. I order fish usually. Its the smallest portion. That was @ IHOP. No restaurant has ever given me any problems. A buffet is not anything I can do anymore. I can't eat that much and enjoy it anymore. Buffets don't work for me anymore. Children's menu portions are the right size and if I want something like mac n cheese on occasion, its not a huge deal.

Like someone else, my dr. gave me a temp card and i then got one in the mail. A lot of restaurants do honor the card.... some do not. Most will allow you to order off the the kids menu, but hardly any will allow me to eat off the buffet with out paying full price. I just order off the menu is i can and if not... i don't go there anymore.

My local Golden Corral won't honor it. I think i will write the main office about that.... humm

Anyway, buffets are what got all of us to the state we are/were in.... so no more buffets for me.

I went to the buffet at the Belagio in Las Vegas and I just told them I had a Lap Band and they gave me the children's price. They didn't even make me show a card (which was lucky because I didn't have it with me). Generally, I try to avoid buffets, but when you're in Vegas and everyone else wants to go, there isn't much choice! If I do find myself in that kind of situation, I stick to a small/salad plate, take my time eating, get a good Protein and avoid carbs all together. I haven't had too many problems, or fallen off the wagon from it!