Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

thanks kala -_-

the whole catheter thing wasnt something i just recently read about and was aww that would suck, its been a horrifying terror ive had forever lol that condom catheter thing sounds oh so much better

im pretty sure this is something i want to go along with now, just as i said i have to make an appointment to see someone...finals week approaching quickly (hurrah summer classes...) but i will get down there soon to get the ball rolling

for the people who have already had the surgery...i thought of something last night, maybe its on a person by person basis but what about spicy foods?

its going to be weird explaining to my roommate and family what im thinking of doing. my mother recently became a personal trainer and practically everyone in my family is involved in the medical field one way or another (i even became a computer doctor :P) not that im particularly worried about what they think one way or another but im still gonna have to let someone know i suppose. glad i found this place ive read some really insightful and interesting posts

I eat spicy foods all the time, but I have heard others can't. I told everyone and everyone, even if they didn't totally agree have been really supportive...but remember I am 55 and have had about 40 years of obesity.

You really encouraged me! I get banded on Aug 12th and I have been hearing discouraging things about the slow weight loss. Like everything it is a progress and I am happy you shared your progress with us. Keep up the great work!

I have always been a spicy food kinda gal. In fact, when I preggers with my youngest, I couldn't get enough. I would eat jalapenos right from the jar. Since my surgery anything hot about kills me! Just the thought of it hurts!

Hi Paul! I have not had surgery yet, still going through all of my insurance requirements... anyhow, I wanted to mention that many doctors and hospitals have informational seminars and they are FREE! You will get a lot of good info and have your questions answered. Make sure you go to a reputible physician, and not a 1-800 'clinic' with billboards on the side of every freeway exit (or at least check with the BBB). Your primary care physician may be able to refer you to a bariatric doctor :) Also, (not to preach or anything) if you go through with surgery, want to do it for yourself! F' what everyone else thinks of you! You will do it for your health :) Good luck on your journey!