Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you get your daily protein in?

I am struggling getting in my daily Protein. What kinds of foods are you eating that are high in protein that are helping you achieve your daily protein goals?

I am struggling getting in my daily Protein. What kinds of foods are you eating that are high in Protein that are helping you achieve your daily protein goals?

Everyday for Breakfast I make a smoothie in the blender using Muscle Milk Lite as a base with some added berries, etc.

I also take a dose of liquid Protein such as Pro-Stat or Proteinex (tastes like ****)

That gives me 40 g to start my day, and it really gives me energy and no hunger for the full day!

Then what I have for lunch, then dinner, will get me to, or close to, my daily goal of protein.

I am struggling getting in my daily Protein. What kinds of foods are you eating that are high in Protein that are helping you achieve your daily protein goals?

I agree that Protein powder for smoothies is a great way to add protein to your diet. I use Max Protein by SEI. It's a little spendy but tastes great. I add it to Greek yogurt for a great protein adder. The yogurt has 15 grams of protein and the powder has 22 grams. It's a great way to start the day. It's also good in oatmeal. I use the plain Greek yogurt as a base for dips and dressings for added protein as well. I would also recommend the following blog which is full of high protein recipes -- www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

I drink a ready-to-drink Premier Nutrition chocolate shake in the car on my way to work every morning. 11 ounces, 160 calories, 5g carbs, 1g sugar, and 30g of Protein. Great way to start things off. I get them at costco, but you can buy them elsewhere, including the Premier Nutrition website: www.premiernutrition.com. They also come in vanilla and strawberry flavor. I like their Protein Bars, too.

Dave

I start my day with steel cut oatmeal with 1scoop of Isopure vanilla Protein Powder mixed it.

Not giving a fig about Protein makes it easy, lol. I have no idea how much Protein I ingest in a day. I just eat what I feel like eating. So I never worry about it personally.

I just try to make each meal include a protein source so as to keep the overall glycaemic index of my meal lower. I eat carbs like bread, rice and Pasta but try to do it as part of a balanced diet, not as my staple foods.

How much Protein are your trying to consume?

I have no trouble getting in 60 grams over a whole day. I do not freak if it's say.. 50 one day and 70 the next.. or even lower than 50...as long as I'm AVERAGING 60 grams a day.

Breakfast is usually 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt which will have 10 to 15 grams, depending on brand. Then I add a little bit of Kashi Go Lean Cereal .. more Protein and it's CRUNCHY.. yes!! and a bit of fresh berries (blueberry &/or strawberry). Sometimes I'll add a little protein powder.. sometimes I won't.

After my morning workout, I drink protein.. either skim milk or 1/2 scoop Syntrax nectar.

lunch is 3oz of protein of some kind (chicken, tuna, salmon, turkey, etc.) which is usually about another 20 grams of protein. Don't forget that veggies & grains have small amts of protein in them too.

Late afternoon, if I get a little hungry and it's going to be a while before I can have a sit-down meal... string cheese is a favorite hunger-stopper and has 6 grams P.

dinner.. another 20 grams in 3oz of beef, chicken, turkey, etc.

It adds up.

My question to you is what are you eating? Are you eating about 3oz of some kind of meat at each meal? Maybe if you listed what you are eating we could suggest where to make some changes. :)

I have 1 shake a day, and the rest is consumed in food. I use ground turkey, Beef, Pork, chicken, Fish, Shellfish, tuna, Egg, cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt. Just to name a few.

As long as the meats are moist, or have a dipping sauce, I don't have a problem.

I drink a ready-to-drink Premier Nutrition chocolate shake in the car on my way to work every morning. 11 ounces, 160 calories, 5g carbs, 1g sugar, and 30g of Protein. Great way to start things off. I get them at costco, but you can buy them elsewhere, including the Premier Nutrition website: www.premiernutrition.com. They also come in vanilla and strawberry flavor. I like their Protein Bars, too.

Dave

Love these shakes....they are the only ones I buy. Vanilla is not good...I haven't seen strawberry, that sounds good. I try to drink one everyday