Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many times have u PBed?

I'll go weeks and weeks without a PB then once I PB I get on a bad stretch where I'll PB almost every day for a while (irritated stoma). I HATE the PB. Right now I'm in a bad stretch. My time of month has been all wonky and I'm feeling TOO tight but I'm doing good, managing it. Doing liquids and I'm at three days of no PB. Hoping this is my next long stretch of no PB's for a while......

I'm 2 wks in being banded and have never come close to experiencing any PB as described - so do I need to have my first fill to know what you guys are talking about?

I didn't PB until I was 4 months out and had 2.0 cc fill. Never even came close before that. Right now, I've officially PB'd twice, on the same dang piece of chicken 2 days in a row. That'll teach me to eat dry chicken! That said, I've been stuck about 4 times total, just did the spitting up twice. The last one was a monster and lasted about 45 minutes!

I feel like I am missing something here! Zero times!!

It hasnt happened to me at all yet but I only had my first fill a week or two back and dont have an awful lot of restriction.

Ive started off a meal eating way too fast though and I've had one very close call.

Knock on wood..I haven't had a PB yet, but I got a piece of lunchmeat stuck at work and I hauled it to the bathroom (nothing came up). It felt so strange like I couldn't breathe! It made it's way down and I learned my lesson--small bites and chew chew chew!!!

all the time about 3-4 times a week. yeah, I know, no one throw the popcorn at me! I have a very tight fill, but I am still maintaining my weight if I don't work really hard at exercising eveyday and keeping my calories really low. Sometimes I feel bulemic because I will eat something horrible and then PB and then feel better because I got to eat what I wanted but didn't get the calories from it. This happens on a rare occasion, but it happens. Oh well. I like where I am now.

I felt bulemic the first year, then the second year I got tired of doing that pbing and i didn't eat and started to become anorexic and this year i have no fill so i can try to eat healthy but am still not loosing enough but am maintaining.

I had some slime once, but haven't thrown up any food. When you guys PB, does food come up too?

If something was stuck in my throat and it wouldn't come back up, i would drink something and it would all come up and sometimes i just have slime/spit in my throat. But to answer your question, yes food comes up too.

I am two weeks post op and was wondering what do you do about pbing in public. Do you have time to go to the bathroom? I sure would hate to have to avoid going out to eat for the rest of my life.

Linda

If I'm in public and have to pb I head for the rest room pronto. Sometimes you dont make it, and well, that sux. My DH always has a glass of something so that if he gets the slimes he can deal with it on the sly.

When I spent amonth too tight I was PBing 3-5 times a week. But I got an unfill and all better.

I don't track the number of times.

Well, its very unpleasant, but i try to sit near a restroom, and it happens all the time out in public i eat out alot. I keep a plastic cup in my truck incase it happens, and i keep a bag by my bed if i have eaten too late. My whole family thinks it gross because usually when i eat i will pb at first bit and then stop. when i eat out, i try to have a brothy Soup first, it relaxes my band, and i eat w/ ranch so i can mush up my fish or whatever i'm eating NOT STEAK!!!! not very healthy I know but being banded for 3 years I'm still learning

when I'm too tight which i was for almost a month and that is why i'm giving my band a rest, i pbed every day all day and would try to eat because i was so hungry but it would come back up. luckily it didn't slip which has happend to me b4. I have had accidents out at resturants pbing and sometimes would use my napkin, but always keep a ziplock bag in your purse.

well it isn't a burp like after you have a coke to drink, but it is a very stuck feeling in your throat and with me usually follows by my left side of my back hurting until it comes up, then it looks like slime w/ food that i just have eatin comes up, so its not a full on throw up but almost and i'm sorry this is so gross. I can't believe I'm the only one who will get a tight fill and throw up all day even with Water the first days.