Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NO Pre-Op 2 Week Diet & Protein Shakes

My surgeon is not requiring the 2 week pre-op diet. I have my pre-op visit on August 10th and my surgery on the 12th. I was told that on the 11th I needed to just be on liquids all day.

Have any of you NOT been required to do the 2 week diet?

Also with the Protein Shakes we have to drink after, can we pick our own Protein shake as opposed to the ones they want us to make with the powder? I've tried powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Bari but hated them. I was told muscle milk lights aren't so bad so I wanted to buy one of those to try. What have you guys been drinking?

I just asked I think it was yesterday about the 2 week pre-op diet. Most Drs I think do require it but then you hear about a few who have nothing more than the typical fast before any surgery. Well good luck with everything and welcome to the board !

My surgeon is not requiring the 2 week pre-op diet. I have my pre-op visit on August 10th and my surgery on the 12th. I was told that on the 11th I needed to just be on liquids all day.

Also with the Protein shakes we have to drink after, can we pick our own Protein shake as opposed to the ones they want us to make with the powder? I've tried unjury and Bari but hated them. I was told muscle milk lights aren't so bad so I wanted to buy one of those to try. What have you guys been drinking?

As for the shakes, I like the Syntrax Nectar ones. They are in powder form but taste very good. There are a bunch of flavors from strawberry kiwi, cherry, Roadside Lemonade, ice tea, chocolate truffle to name a few. They make great smoothies, just add some fruit and/or yogurt and you're good to go. I have not tried any of the ready prepared brands, but have heard that muscle milk light is pretty good. Good luck.

My doctor does not require the 2 week Protein Shake diet either. Just one week of low carb and thats really it. You're not alone. I've met many people on here who have not had to do the liquid diet.< /p>

Thank you I will definitely try the powder Syntrax nectar. Looking for something that I'm not going to get sick at the thought of having to fix one.

As for the shakes, I like the Syntrax Nectar ones. They are in powder form but taste very good. There are a bunch of flavors from strawberry kiwi, cherry, Roadside Lemonade, ice tea, chocolate truffle to name a few. They make great smoothies, just add some fruit and/or yogurt and you're good to go. I have not tried any of the ready prepared brands, but have heard that muscle milk light is pretty good. Good luck.

I have my surgery scheduled for Aug. 2nd and my doctor has me on a 2 week very low carb diet (60 grams or less) for the 2 weeks before surgery and then the day before surgery it is Clear Liquids only.

I also recommend the nectar drinks- I've lost 20 pounds having them for Breakfast and then following a fairly low carb & high Protein diet. They taste good & i like that they have the fruity flavors that mix well with Water for on-the-go.

Good luck!

My surgery is scheduled August 12. My doctor doesn't require a 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I do, however, have a 7 day pre-op low carb/high Protein liver-shrinking diet in case I have a fatty liver. There aren't any calorie restrictions, which is nice. I know it's not advised, but I foresee myself pigging out a little bit before my surgery :/

That's good to know that they are OK mixed with Water, a drink fast and easy is always a plus. I meant to ask where you get the nectar powder from. Can you get them at Wal*Mart or Shop Rite or does it need to be a health food store. So nice you have a date and it's very close GOOD LUCK!

I have my surgery scheduled for Aug. 2nd and my doctor has me on a 2 week very low carb diet (60 grams or less) for the 2 weeks before surgery and then the day before surgery it is Clear Liquids only.

I also recommend the nectar drinks- I've lost 20 pounds having them for Breakfast and then following a fairly low carb & high Protein diet. They taste good & i like that they have the fruity flavors that mix well with Water for on-the-go.

Good luck!

It might not be advised but very few if any don't have there pig-out time before surgery. It is almost a given. My only problem is figuring out and writing down the most important foods that I need to have so I get them in rolleyes.gif

My surgery is scheduled August 12. My doctor doesn't require a 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I do, however, have a 10 day pre-op low carb/high Protein liver-shrinking diet in case I have a fatty liver. There aren't any calorie restrictions, which is nice. I know it's not advised, but I foresee myself pigging out a little bit before my surgery :/

I get mine from my Doctor's office- so convenient! They carry 8 flavors there. You might be able to look it up online (remember that it is spelled funny "nektar")

Let's touch base after we're both post-op, ok?

I didn't have a pre op diet, not even the day before. I was just told not to eat after midnight.

Also the doctor let me drink whatever Protein shake I preferred.

Good luck to you!

It might not be advised but very few if any don't have there pig-out time before surgery. It is almost a given. My only problem is figuring out and writing down the most important foods that I need to have so I get them in rolleyes.gif

I am definitely having my pig out phase....I'm trying to cut it down now that it's getting so close. I just called and emailed the nutritionist to find out what I need to stock my fridge with so I don't have to go shopping immediately after the surgery.

Congratulations you are doing so GOOD ! Did you find any really good tasting Protein drinks?

I didn't have a pre op diet, not even the day before. I was just told not to eat after midnight.

Also the doctor let me drink whatever Protein shake I preferred.

Good luck to you!

Also with the Protein shakes we have to drink after, can we pick our own Protein shake as opposed to the ones they want us to make with the powder? I've tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Bari but hated them. I was told muscle milk lights aren't so bad so I wanted to buy one of those to try. What have you guys been drinking?

I just started my 2 week before surgury mines on the 9th i hate prottein shakes it worried me to death yesterday i went to GNC i said what can i do i dont like the way they smell are after taste she said let me make you a sample of this IT IS AMPLIFY Cookies AND CREAM OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT. I CANT BELIEVE THIS SHE SAID CHOCALATE MINT IS GREAT TO. MY DAUGHTER GOT ANOTHER ONE ON SALE IT WAS YUK TRY THIS BELIEVE ME IF I LIKE IT YOU WILL LET ME KNOW astromom2005@aol.com this is my doctor where do yuou live?