Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! Just went to the doctor for my 3 week visit last Wednesday and was told I had to stay on the puree diet for 4 weeks. Then I would get my first fill and had to go back on full liquids for 3 days then puree for 3 days. It feels like this will never end! I was also told not to expect to lose to much weight if any for at least 1 1/2 months. I haven't lost (or gained any weight in 6 days) and it's depressing. I feel very limited on what I can eat that is low fat/low carb/low calorie. I'm not allowed any chicken, beef, rice, noodle (even if they were pureed) until after the fill. I eat 1 piece of fish daily and the only other thing that is helping me stay full is Beans. My intestines aren't my friend! Beans are high calories and carbs so I find that I am eating more calories than I origionally set my goal at. Anyone have any good puree recipes that follow my doctors rules? I find that I am constantly thinking of food and my next meal. Help!

Hello all! Just went to the doctor for my 3 week visit last Wednesday and was told I had to stay on the puree diet for 4 weeks. Then I would get my first fill and had to go back on full liquids for 3 days then puree for 3 days. It feels like this will never end! I was also told not to expect to lose to much weight if any for at least 1 1/2 months. I haven't lost (or gained any weight in 6 days) and it's depressing. I feel very limited on what I can eat that is low fat/low carb/low calorie. I'm not allowed any chicken, beef, rice, noodle (even if they were pureed) until after the fill. I eat 1 piece of fish daily and the only other thing that is helping me stay full is Beans. My intestines aren't my friend! Beans are high calories and carbs so I find that I am eating more calories than I origionally set my goal at. Anyone have any good puree recipes that follow my doctors rules? I find that I am constantly thinking of food and my next meal. Help!

There are some wonderful vegiterian, low carb, high protien meals that are delicious besides fish and beans. It all depends on what your taste buds call for. Try to step out of your box and make some ethnic dishes like Arab or Indian dishes. They are high in spices and can be very low carb and healthy and yummy. I'm making eggplant parmesean for dinner tonight...a first ...I usually have the fried chicken patties.

Bless your heart. I didn't have to follow that diet but I am sure it would stink. I at a lot of black eyed peas with the tyson chicken that comes in a bag by the tunafish. It is really moist and then I would puree it in the blender with my peas, add some hot sauce and a small amount of sharp chedder cheese. I'm on solids, but I still like eating this sometimes. It always fills me up and keeps my hunger away. Keep up the good work sunshine. This too shall pass.

Thanks so much for the support! I will give both options a try (well except the chicken). I love black eyed peas though!!

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to be on pureed foods. I had 2week pre op milk only diet, and am now 10 days into my 2 week post op full liquid only, then I can have purée! (for 2 weeks, then soft mushies).

I have a dumb question though, what consistency equates to pureed? Is it suppose to be kind of liquidy? (I'm sure it isn't going to look very appealing if that us the case)!??

My puree goes between soft mashed tatos, baked tilapia and scrambled egg soft. I put everything else in the blender with some liquid so that is slides down very easily. I was told I could eat tilapia and salmon as long as they are tender, not dry and I chew them like crazy. It helps to keep you full. I use egg substitue like egg beaters instead of real eggs so eat less calories.

You poor think! I didn't have to follow such guidelines just liquid 2 weekd then puree 2 weeks. So, for the liquid get a good Protein mix, I use ISO 100 I have all flavors. However...if you get the gourmet vanilla you can add different flavors like ANY of the Torani sugar free syrups. Also, chicken broth i use/love Swanson. You can also go online to BariatricChoice.com they have some great chicken broth that is low cal and high protein. I was told to have 100g of protein and these all helped me reach that goal. make sure you drink alot of Water or Crystal light, G2 or Sobe life water zero calorie. Good Luck :D

Yogurt, Greek or otherwise (blah!) everything else sounds good :-) tuna and chicken will be a welcome addition once puree is allowed. I am the only person I know that doesn't like pudding or especially - yogurt......

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to be on pureed foods. I had 2week pre op milk only diet, and am now 10 days into my 2 week post op full liquid only, then I can have purée! (for 2 weeks, then soft mushies).

I have a dumb question though, what consistency equates to pureed? Is it suppose to be kind of liquidy? (I'm sure it isn't going to look very appealing if that us the case)!??

It should be slightly liquidy. You want everything to be runny enough to slip right through your band. It should be able to go through a straw.

The spagatti sauce with ricotta cheese or cottage cheese is one of my favorites. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese. Yum! I still make it if I don't know what else to eat.

Thank you Cindy, that helps. I guess for making chicken & tuna salads I will need to stock up on fat free ranch dressing to get to the right consistency, chicken broth too ( which I have been drinking anyway on liquid phase.

Thank you brmb6, That actually sounds really good, I love ricotta and cottage cheese. Salsa would probably be good with that too!!!

Today I have been really hungry, all day, and have been kind of obsessed with food. I guess I just need to find something else to occupy my mind. Getting banded really kind of takes over your life, I hope that is temporary, like the shoulder pain and the gas LOL

The best thing so far for me has been finding this site, and all of the wonderful and helpful people that I now have more in common with than just wearing plus sizes :-) I really hope I can get my hubby to join this site when gets banded next month so he can commiserate with and learn from everyone like I am! Again thank you.

Ricotta and spaghetti sauce sounds wonderful! I'm going shopping tomorrow. Thanks!