Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been struggling really bad with the pre-op diet. I started on Sunday and my surgery is this tuesday the 26th. I've strayed away from a Protein Shake or two and replaced it with a couple eggs, and a couple times I has a few slices of cheese. If I tell my doctor this do you think he'll cancel my surgery? I've also been drinking vinegar like crazy I just can't seem to stop craving it. I feel so crappy and scared that if my liver grew that I won't have time to fix it in the next 3-4 days. I plan on sticking to the diet from here on out. I pray it's enough time to undo any damage I may have caused.:(

My pre op diet was the Atkins--all the eggs and cheese I could eat! I'm sure you didn't cause any damage--just get back on track and you'll be great! The guilt is probably the worst thing. Good luck with your surgery, it is going to be fabulous!

I think you'll be fine just stick to your diet now as you said you would. My pre-op was only shakes, Water, Jello and broth! I snuck a biscuit one day and felt like smacking myself. I understand your pain there. You'll be alright, doll! DEEP BREATH and push forward!

I've been on the liquid preop for 10 days now... getting banded the same day as you and I cheated tonight as well. I went for sushi and a couple of glasses of wine when I realized this may be my last chance to have one of my absolute favorite foods. I didn't do the "last meal" thing before I started the pre-op diet because when I found out I had to start it.. it was the very next day I had to do it. So I consider tonight my farewell to sushi dinner. lol! I hope it won't be forever... but if it is, it will be worth it the first day I can walk into Dillard's and put a pair of Miss Me jeans on this backside. :D

My doctor has me on a 5 day liquid only diet and I am being banded the same day as you two July 26, 2011. I have been pretty good but I am drinking chicken boullion cubes instead of low sodium broth. My only "cheat" is this cheese dip I LOVE I have had a couple of small spoonfuls of that but it isn't any thicker than the pudding he says I can have so I hope I am okay!

Since some doctors use a high Protein low carb diet presurgey you are probably fine. I do however recommend that you go to YouTube and watch some real lap band surgeries. They have no blood and are not gross. You will however learn WHY doctors say liquid diet post surgery. Your body CAN NOT handle solid foods while your stomach is recovering. You MUST follow your doctors post op diet. Very important. Yes I know I am being forceful; but most of the people who write in about post op issues are because they did not follow the doctors post op diet!