Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

breakfast at restaurants

Just curious, as we have visitors and we'll be heading out to Breakfast soon. I don't like eggs so I've always had a hard time ordering Breakfast at a restaurant- I used to always just order carbs, with a side of carbs. Now that I'm low carbing it, that doesn't work for me. I'm curious what others get when they go to a restaurant for breakfast.

Honestly, I haven't been real big on breakfast since I got banded anyway. I never seem to be hungry in the morning. I need more restaurants to serve greek yogurt, darn it! laugh.gif

who said you had to get typical breakfast foods at breakfast.....I have what I want focusing on protien but if it is a salad I want then it is a salad I get :)

if fruit and/or yogurt are available i would go for that. I am a lacto ovo vegetarian (no meat or seafood at all) - i eat dairy but i have always hated eggs (eggs mixed into something is ok - but plain eggs or an omelette no way). I will be having the same trouble as you (i just haven't been to a restaurant for breakfast since starting my pre-op diet). Some restaurants have oatmeal - i may try that. Otherwise, you are in a pickle. Maybe a Protein Shake before you leave for the restaurant and then get coffee and fruit at the restaurant? Or, unsweet cereals (i.e., special K, Kix, bran flakes) are decent. That's really all i can think of.... (unless it's a buffet and you can get lunch foods - salad etc.) Remember, restaurants are about conversation and good company not the food.< /p>

I have the same dilemma. I also hate eggs. On the rare occasion I do go out for breakfast I either just get coffee or I might order a bran muffin or a side of bacon and maybe some whole grain toast. I know muffins and toast are carbs but I don't usually eat it all anyway. My BF is a big guy with a big appetite and I can always count on him to finish what I can't.

Just curious, as we have visitors and we'll be heading out to breakfast soon. I don't like eggs so I've always had a hard time ordering breakfast at a restaurant- I used to always just order carbs, with a side of carbs. Now that I'm low carbing it, that doesn't work for me. I'm curious what others get when they go to a restaurant for breakfast.

Honestly, I haven't been real big on breakfast since I got banded anyway. I never seem to be hungry in the morning. I need more restaurants to serve greek yogurt, darn it! laugh.gif

Many restaraunts offer healthier choices now. You can get egg substitute, and sometimes egg whites. I eat lots of eggs/egg whites. That is one of the best Proteins you can eat. The main thing will be to stay away from sugar like pancakes, waffles and syrup!

Many restaraunts offer healthier choices now. You can get egg substitute, and sometimes egg whites. I eat lots of eggs/egg whites. That is one of the best Proteins you can eat. The main thing will be to stay away from sugar like pancakes, waffles and syrup!

Soory Rachel, should have read before I opened my mouth. Just saw you don't like eggs. I add a little picante sauce to mine!!

I love a bowl of blueberries with skim milk and some Splenda -I would probably opt for the fruit and maybe a side of turkey bacon or susage.

That's a tough one. Maybe Cereal? fruit? Side(s) of bacon or sausage? Try having them make a "skillet scramble" but without eggs? (Not sure exactly how that would work, but it's worth a shot.) Even though you aren't an egg fan, what about a quiche?

Good luck! And be sure to let us know what you end up with.

Dave

I got overwhelmed and ended up with a bowl of oatmeal. Oh well.

I often times just order from the sides menu. Since you don't like eggs, maybe a cup of fruit, side of bacon and an english muffin. I eat half of the muffin and ask that it's well toasted.

I can easily do without breakfast, so it wouldnt worry me to just have a nice coffee (or two) whilst the others ate. When I say that, i dont mean whipped cream and Syrup type coffee! And given that I'd go out for breakfast once in a blue moon, I probably would indulge my carb tooth, lol, with a nice muffin or somethiing to go with my coffee and just not eat all of it. But if I wanted to avoid that sort of food I just wouldnt eat. I wont eat bacon and stuff like that, I always viewed it as unhealthjy and my oncologist has pointed me to studies that it has recently been definitively linked with bowel cancer and current recommendations are to not eat processed meats, ever. If I liked them, I'd go for moderation rather than never eat them, but I dont like them anyway.

One egg and sausage , cover in maple Syrup

There's nothing wrong with just eating oatmeal. I think that's absolutely fine.

oatmeal is a good choice. It even has some Protein. And if you add a bit of 2% or skim milk.. even more. :)