Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where you at November Bandsters???

November Bandsters.... How many have reached their goal? I am feeling stuck in the same place and helpless. Need a boost and support

I was banded Nov. 09. I reached my goal in about 10 months- 107 pounds. I workout regularly and eat a lowcarb/lowfat/high protien diet.

To get back on track, I would start with one thing at a time. First you might make sure your getting all your Water in. Next, cut out some carbs and then some fat. Once you have your water and food plan in place start excersising. Start out slow and gradually increase your duration/intensity. I started walking on the treadmill- and not very fast- to now jogging for 40 minutes. It was so hard to start (I was about 4 months postop) but it has become a matter of routine. I admit I haven't grown to love it but it's not bad. I do miss it a little when I take a few days off. Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

I was banded November 22nd and am not too far from my goal. Since I hit the 100 lb. mark, it has been a slow loss. That is partially my fault since I have been sampling foods that were a complete no-no before.

My advice is to make sure your band is adjusted well. Then, slowly eliminate carbs and fat. My doctor only allows 5 grams of carbs per meal.

If you are not exercising, start doing so ASAP! I swear by my exercise routine. I do a mix of strength training and cardio three times a week. Then, I try to walk/jog a couple of days a week. That is the only thing that has kept me losing at this point.

I was banded November 22nd and am not too far from my goal. Since I hit the 100 lb. mark, it has been a slow loss. That is partially my fault since I have been sampling foods that were a complete no-no before.

My advice is to make sure your band is adjusted well. Then, slowly eliminate carbs and fat. My doctor only allows 5 grams of carbs per meal.

If you are not exercising, start doing so ASAP! I swear by my exercise routine. I do a mix of strength training and cardio three times a week. Then, I try to walk/jog a couple of days a week. That is the only thing that has kept me losing at this point.

Wow that great :lol: I was banded same date!! Down 50 pounds no fill yet!!! Just waiting to see how far I can go before I need one it going slow but I am ok!!! Good for u!!!!!!

Wow...This confirms that I am failing big time. I need the help of others to see i am my own downfall...Thank you for sharing. I am definately going to get this right. Not so sure on the food and Proteins..I guess here and there but try to make the best decisions. I want to reach a goal of 65 lbs by November. I have to do this for myself.

I was banded in Nov and I have lost about 38 pounds I feel like a failure also like it should be more but Ineed to remind myself of what I have lost and keep pushing ahead

I was banded November 29, 2011. I am down a little over 80 pounds with no change in June :( I know what I was doing though and have done a 2 day liquid diet to start fresh. That has gotten me on track a couple other times when I started eating carbs again. I do low to no carb/calories, but am not very good with exercising. I walk a mile or so when I have time, but right now I am doing schoolwork about 50 hours a week, work 20 hours a week and take care of my family and my dad with Alzheimers as well......so time is an issue. Good luck to everyone!!!

I was banded nov 9 and just hit the -100 mark and feel great. The loss has slowed so much that i am forced to do extreme high intensity workouts to get these last 40-50 off. I had one fill and can eat anything now due to no restriction. Thinking of getting a fill soon to speed up this process. Been on a 55 day challenge that ends aug 22nd hope to drop 20 by then.

By the way for those who think they have failed, don't compare your loss to anyone else, we are all unique yet share a common goal.

Fbs

I was banded in Nov and I have lost about 38 pounds I feel like a failure also like it should be more but Ineed to remind myself of what I have lost and keep pushing ahead

Hi, We can motivate each other.. I find myself struggling terribly. I hate being fat but have not mastered the sucess of my band. Having a busy life easily puts you off track. Try to plan as I am doing. I am doing a 30day no crabs nothing but Water and see my ends results on August 11. Good Luck we will have sucess ...Good luck