Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think my band has slipped!

Hey everyone.

I really think my band has slipped, I don't know for sure. I am not having any pain, but I am getting stuck on everything. I am even barely able to keep liquids down. I know I am taking in some liquids, because I am still peeing.

I started noticing something was up on Sunday, when we went out for my birthday. I pbed at dinner and didn't seem to be able to get unstuck. Ever since then I haven't been able to keep hardly anything down. I am in touch with my Dr. and waiting for him to figure out if I am slipped or not.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me what symptoms I should have if I am slipped?

I had some Pasta and chicken.. and not much of it before I had to throw in the towel. I don't think it could stillbe stuck because I was able to eat a little bit of salad Wednesday night and most of that stayed down.

Are you doing liquids now or are you still trying to eat. Do you have a local doctor? That was the biggest first fill I've ever seen, wow how did you feel after your fill?

Angie, I think it's very unlikely you've had a slip, because that just isn't going to happen after one PB. What is much more likely is that you've irritated your stoma/esophagus since then by not letting it rest. You should try sticking STRICTLY to liquids for like three days. Then see how you feel with very small amounts of solid food. I'll bet the situation will resolve itself.

Of course you should always call your doctor too, and he'll probably want to give you an unfill to open things up. But my suggestion is to try this first and then see if that's necessary.

Good luck!!

I hope you are right Alex.

I am doing liquids right now.. especially since it's about all that has a chance of staying down.

I guess I will just be patient and gentle and hope for the best.

Good luck with recovering from that PB...I bet Alexandra is right. Your esophagus/stoma are inflamed and swollen, and liquids are probably just what you need, to let things rest and calm down. It's tough. You're tougher. Check with your dr., too, though, just to be on the safe side. Take care, Cindy

You lost 50 pounds in three months???Girl whatcha doing? That is astonishing to me~ I did that in six months~ AWESOME AWESOME WORK~

I hope your feeling better...Im with Alex and the rest of the crew on the opinion that you are swollen and miserable~~~ Hopefully your doctor will help clear it up~ Let us know what happens

Good luck to you~

Angie, I think it's very unlikely you've had a slip, because that just isn't going to happen after one PB. What is much more likely is that you've irritated your stoma/esophagus since then by not letting it rest. You should try sticking STRICTLY to liquids for like three days. Then see how you feel with very small amounts of solid food. I'll bet the situation will resolve itself.

Of course you should always call your doctor too, and he'll probably want to give you an unfill to open things up. But my suggestion is to try this first and then see if that's necessary.

HGood luck!!

HI CAN SOME ONE HELP ME I HAD MY LAPBAND IN OCT 2005 I HAVE HAD 3 FILLS SINCE MY LAST FILL 2 WEEKS AGO I CAN NOT MANAGE TO EAT MUCH I HAVE BEEN SICK A FEW TIMES AND I HAVE THE MOST HORRIBLE HARTBURN CAN SOME ONE TELL ME IF THIS IS NORMAL THANKS

Hi Angie,

I had my banding done 9/25/05 in India, so I do not have a dr. to visit here in the US. I have never had a fill done, but have experienced the "productive burping" more days than not. It does not seem to get better until I go just liquids for several days. I have not been able to eat anything that was not purreed without the painful fullness. Good luck, I feel better knowing that someone else is having my problems. Nanaholmes

Hello all,

My husband and I are self employed and thus have no insurance. He had to have back surgery so we elected to go to India after seeing it on 60 minutes. While we were there, I checked into the lap band and the doctors agreed to do the surgery. It was done on 9/21/05 and to date I have lost 58 pounds. I have not had any fills done as it has been very difficult for me to get anything other than liquids down. At times, even Water was painful and could only be drunk in very small sips. I still have trouble with spit, the bubbles seem to never go away and I wind up burping them up. Somedays, are good days and I can swallow hot purreed food just fine with no troubles. Room temp or cold soft foods just won't go down. Other days, it seems like everything that I try comes back up either with a burp or just all out vomiting. Is my stomach just too sensitive or am I doing something wrong? I have been in email contact with my Dr. in India, and he recommends a barium swallow, the thought of that makes me ill. Since I have not had a fill, I will need to find a Dr. close enough to go to and also one willing to take a patient that they did not do the banding on. At this point, I am thinking that I will suffer through to loose the remaining 40 plus pounds that I would like to do and then have the band removed. I will go back to India for the band removal and have the excess skin cosmetically removed. Has anyone had success with having the band removed so far as regaining the weight. Thanks for any suggestions. Donna Holmes from South Carolina