Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grieving the death of popcorn...

Ok, so I just went to the movies for the first time since being banded a week ago. It was sheer torture. That wafting smell of popcorn and the thought of it married to my diet coke as I enjoy the movie has me feeling sad. Tell me it isn't so....will I never be able to eat popcorn again!? Now obviously I know it wouldn't be for quite awhile, but do I have it in my future at all? Please post-banders, take me out of my misery.

Sure ! but not as Greasy as the theater has it. Try the Microwave in small packets.

I eat popcorn regularly, in fact I just ate some. Like with meals, don't drink at the same time as eating popcorn. I have eaten movie theatre popcorn, with butter, without any problem. I eat much less popcorn than I used to but still enjoy it, but like you said, not 1 week post op.

Joan

I eat popcorn all the time! The 100 calorie bags. Last time I went to the movies I treated myself and got a small and ate 1/2 of it. I was so proud of myself for stopping at 1/2

Funny you say this. I just asked my husband if we could go to a movie tonight. I told him one stipulation .......he wasn't allowed to get popcorn. I just got my 2nd fill today and am just on liquids. I did have popcorn since being banded and it was fine.

I am more than a year out and at goal, no popcorn for me. It doesn't work well with my band.

I am glad that popcorn works for most. I can't wait to try it. But I am sitting here drinking my liquids while my family is eating Chinese. I would love anything right now besides liquids. :)

Oh chinese, rice is not my friend anymore either. I think my problem with popcorn is mostly in my head though. I just don't feel that I get it chewed enough because of the kernels and husks. But Cookies and ice cream slide right through dang it!

Just had to say saw my 1st movie post-op too today!

So with you hun....painful smelling it, seeing it, hearing people crunching! In due time I say, it was a BUMMER though!:(

Ok, so I just went to the movies for the first time since being banded a week ago. It was sheer torture. That wafting smell of popcorn and the thought of it married to my diet coke as I enjoy the movie has me feeling sad. Tell me it isn't so....will I never be able to eat popcorn again!? Now obviously I know it wouldn't be for quite awhile, but do I have it in my future at all? Please post-banders, take me out of my misery.

I am 7 months out and can eat popcorn just fine. Of course, I don't make it a habit to eat it all the time, but I do grab myself a handful when my hubby or kids have it. You will learn that you can not deprive yourself of the things you love. Learn to enjoy those things in moderation and as a special treat!

OMG I love you all! You've made my day! For some reason I had thought it wasn't digestible with a band. I can't wait to go to my next movie. :lol: I SO love this forum. Grateful it exists! Oh, and I would kill for chinese, even without the rice. If I have one more Protein shake I'm gonna scream.

Just had to say saw my 1st movie post-op too today!

So with you hun....painful smelling it, seeing it, hearing people crunching! In due time I say, it was a BUMMER though!:(

popcorn was a slider for me. I haven't built up the courage to eat it again since gallbladder removal because I had a severe attack after a bowl of popcorn one night but damn it was tasty stuff.

I loveee me some popcorn! I buy the smart pops which is lower in calories and fat.

Don't worry honey! You'll be able to eat popcorn again in the future. You can pretty much eat all the foods you once loved,

but just in much, much smaller portions and preferably a healthier version of it.

I still don't do fried foods, but I do fall under the carbohydrate spell...I can't say no to carbs...

No need to mourn the corn, you should be able to be reunited with your old friend as soon as you are on solids.