Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at work, with the heating pad on my abdomen, because I have no pride. :P It has been a crazy freaking day here, seems like all the nuts waited for me to come on duty before they came out to play. :angry:

I am loving limited duty right now, mostly because I am getting to catch up on all the administrative stuff I actually enjoy doing instead of constantly being called out into the field for boring stuff. I'm sure that I will be completely sick of it by day's end! Need a nap and think I want to eat some food. Had mashed potatoes earlier and they were GOOD!!

Hi everyone. I'm seven days post op. I just went back to work on Monday. This week has been rough for me. I don't know. My emotions are all over the place. I feel like nothing is happening. I've lost some inches. My clothes fit a little loose. But, nothing else. My first fill is next month. I'm eating thicker liquids this week. My hubby made me some vegetable Soup and then put it in the blender. It was pretty good. I'm looking forward to next week. Mushy food time.

I'm really looking for friends to talk to. I'm tired of people asking me what it feels like. I want to talk to people who understand the big change that I made. I wish everyone luck. :)

Hey, Daniella.

Congrats on surviving your first week! I am only 1 day post-op, so 7 days seems like a lifetime away. I can't wait to get there!

Don't get discouraged yet -- it's only been a week! One year from now you will be a completey different person, but rememe=ber, it takes time.

I'm looking forward to mushies too. I think I'm starting to get a little hungry. I suppose that happens when one hasn't eaten in 2 days! I'm eating some broth now, and that helps, but the lasagna in the oven is making my tummy growl!

How much have you lost the first week?? I can't wait to step on the scle at 7 days!

Hi everyone. I'm seven days post op. I just went back to work on Monday. This week has been rough for me. I don't know. My emotions are all over the place. I feel like nothing is happening. I've lost some inches. My clothes fit a little loose. But, nothing else. My first fill is next month. I'm eating thicker liquids this week. My hubby made me some vegetable Soup and then put it in the blender. It was pretty good. I'm looking forward to next week. Mushy food time.

I'm really looking for friends to talk to. I'm tired of people asking me what it feels like. I want to talk to people who understand the big change that I made. I wish everyone luck. :)

I don't know how much weight I lost so far. I didn't want to weigh myself yet. I read that you should weigh yourself at certain times and not everyday. I'm scared too. I know I lost some ionches because my work clothes are a lot more loose and comfortable. I'm happy about that.

I hated the chicken broth more than the shakes. I ate a lot of sugar free popsicles. I found out that the popsicle brand and the blue bell brand sugar free popsicles are the best. Today was the first day that I had a serious hunger issue. I ate Breakfast at 6:45 so by 11:30, I was really hungry. I'm happy to meet new people and share stories. It is making me feel better.

My first three days, I didn't want to eat much of anything. I think I might have ate four teaspoons of broth at a time. My husband had to force me to eat. I slept most of the time. the worst day was my second day. After all of the hospital medicine wore off. I felt more pain. After the third day, I did a 360. By the weekend, I was doing little chores around the house. Today, I feel really good. I'm moving around real good. Being back at work is great. Moving around makes me feel great.

Add me as a friend, we can talk.

Hey, Daniella.

Congrats on surviving your first week! I am only 1 day post-op, so 7 days seems like a lifetime away. I can't wait to get there!

Don't get discouraged yet -- it's only been a week! One year from now you will be a completey different person, but rememe=ber, it takes time.

I'm looking forward to mushies too. I think I'm starting to get a little hungry. I suppose that happens when one hasn't eaten in 2 days! I'm eating some broth now, and that helps, but the lasagna in the oven is making my tummy growl!

How much have you lost the first week?? I can't wait to step on the scle at 7 days!

Hello everyone.

I am currently at the end of day 8. Just found this site today, been a great help being able to read other people's experiences. Anyway, the first couple days were rough, i was describing how i felt by telling people that my insides "felt like scrambled eggs". It was a rough week to say the least. But a week later, relatively, i feel great. Since my diet/ pre op diet started June 2nd, i am down 37 pounds (Hardly eating anything certainly helps). I can't wait till next Wednesday when I can bump up to "lumps". I've read alot of people here move onto that after only a week. Im on the fence about trying it myself before next week, but I'm starting to get hungry and my Powerade zero and Protein shakes aren't doing it anymore.

YES!! My instructions say no more than 2 days. I went 5 days without one, but get some stuff at the pharmacy to get things moving again or you're going to be very uncomfortable if you aren't already!

I am a week out and haven't had a bowel movement yet? Should I be concerned?

Wow I wasn't able to sign on forever! Even when the admin. Changed the pw themselves it took days after to be able to connect....I've been so anxious to get back on. Hello everyone! I hope everyone post op is doing well and everyone waiting for their date is keeping positive and excited! Ooo it's midnight so today is officially my 12th day post op and I'm doing very well, I guess if anything I'd say it's hardest for me to try to get in my 60 grams of Protein and the 600-800 calories,but I'm trying! I am down 20 pounds and healing. I got the ok from my dr to start transitioning to the mushy soft foods because with the liquids it was very difficult for me to get 3 Meal Replacement shakes in and I need the cal/protein so she said in ok to incorporate some other foods. I'm still sticking to mostly liquids still tho just adding thicker Soups and really soft foods I want to keep to that for the full 2 weeks. I also am very excited I started a vlog on youtube! I would love for anyone interested to check it out, and if you have one let me know and I will defiantly check yours out as well, I think it's awesome to go thru our journeys together and keep everyone updated it also helps Me stay accountable to me and to all of you. My name on there is mrsdizzied83. I did this because before I made my final decision to get my band I watched other peoples journeys on YouTube and that motivated me and inspired me and I would love to do that for others and pay it forward, it also allows me to meet and learn from others in our same situations, so I love it. I can't wait to get to know all of you better and share our stories together , our joys of becoming healthier happier together, and even our frustrations when things are hard. So take care everyone I wish you the best! Until next time...night night. :)

Is anyone else having trouble telling if they're hungry or not??? And/or with getting their heads around the new idea or portion sizes???

Hey all... amazing spirit here... wish everyone the best experience and results... going in on Sun the 17th ... any advice from the newbies :)

Hey can someone explain the different stages of eating after?

Looks like you have liquieds and then ful liquids and then mushies? My nutrition appt didn't cover this......

Thanks

Had post-op appointment today, all is well! Got permission to move on to mushies tomorrow. Didn't mention I've been doing mushies for 4 days already. Feeling great today! Only a little sore, but that's after I've been up running around all morning. Getting in a quick post lunch siesta and the time for manicure! Yea! My grooming has fallen by the way side during the past 4 weeks and I am looking a little raggedy. Two hours from now, I'm gonna be looking good!

Have you tried pureed chicken yet? I mixed an ounce with a tablespoon of pureed salsa yesterday and YUM!!! The spicy kick hit the spot. I bought the "carving board" chicken pieces in the deli section. Mmmmmm. Still have yet to add any veggies - I'm guessing that salsa doesn't count. LOL!!

Had post-op appointment today, all is well! Got permission to move on to mushies tomorrow. Didn't mention I've been doing mushies for 4 days already. Feeling great today! Only a little sore, but that's after I've been up running around all morning. Getting in a quick post lunch siesta and the time for manicure! Yea! My grooming has fallen by the way side during the past 4 weeks and I am looking a little raggedy. Two hours from now, I'm gonna be looking good!

hiya all!

I'm hungry today. I'm refocusing on Protein :) Have gained a few pounds back from my lowest but my surgeon told me to expect that i might gain some back until the time i get my first fill. My first month is meant for healing....then i start to use the tool as it was intended once i get some fills :)

Now...here is my question...I am leaving on vacation to WV to go 4-wheeling (!!!! :)) on 7/29. That would be the day I would be eligible for a fill. I have to pay for every fill. So...should i get the fill before i leave or wait until i get back? I'm afraid of gaining weight without the fill and i'm afraid of being stuck in the mountains of WV and not having easy access to my surgeon's office if i get a fill and something bad happens.

What would you do?

Personally.....I would wait to come back home. First of all 4-wheeling is kind of strenuous movements. I don't think you should have to worry about the fill when trying to enjoy yourself. I'm sure another week won't hurt to wait. This way if anything does happen that you need to question you will be close to your dr. cat

My doctor's office gave me a Lap Band Post-op kit and it had some brochures that were very helpful. In book # 2 (Living Healthier Ever After), it states that you should:

-only eat three meals a day,

-never have anything in between the meals

-no liquids

-pouch can only hold 1/4 cup of food (or 2 oz)

I've heard different things from patients on here, but I guess I'm taking this as the final word. So, for lunch, only 1/4 cup of food. I had a pretty good lunch, just under 200 calories and at the 1/4 c limit. pureed chicken, salsa and unflavored soy Protein Powder with 1/2 slice cheese and a dessert of 1/2 of a snack cup of chocolate putting with a tablespoon of powdered Peanut Butter. YUMMY!

I'm going to try really hard to stick to what Allergan (Lap Band maker) recommends and track when I finish my meal and how long it takes for my tummy to growl again. I figure this is the only way I'm going to be able to tell the doc exactly how full I feel. Sheesh....this Lap Band stuff is a science!

Amy