Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited to be on this journey! I love all the posts and good info shared here. I hope to contribute as much as I glean.

Hi, I"m a newbie from Virginia, too. My insurance required me to go through a year with a life coach. That year will be up on Aug. 16th, and I have an appt. with my surgeon on the 17th. I'm hoping I can have the LAP-BAND surgery in September. It's been a long year; and I've been very patient, but now I'm ready to get the ball rolling. Let's go through this thing together. I love this site--so much helpful advice and understanding. Take care. Keep me posted on your journey!

Hi, I"m a newbie from Virginia, too. My insurance required me to go through a year with a life coach. That year will be up on Aug. 16th, and I have an appt. with my surgeon on the 17th. I'm hoping I can have the LAP-BAND surgery in September. It's been a long year; and I've been very patient, but now I'm ready to get the ball rolling. Let's go through this thing together. I love this site--so much helpful advice and understanding. Take care. Keep me posted on your journey!

Are you in Northern VA? Fortunately, my insurance only requires a 6 month wait. I'm just beginning the process and hope to have my surgery around Christmas time. I'm anxious to hear how your surgery goes and the recovery as well as the months following. Yes, let's stay connected and support each other through on this journey.

Peg

Are you in Northern VA? Fortunately, my insurance only requires a 6 month wait. I'm just beginning the process and hope to have my surgery around Christmas time. I'm anxious to hear how your surgery goes and the recovery as well as the months following. Yes, let's stay connected and support each other through on this journey.

Peg

This is too weird. I'm Peg, too! I live in South Central Virginia (about 50 miles from Richmond) and drive to work at Farmville (Longwood University) which is about a 30 minute drive. I'm so excited to be on this journey. Just hope that after my visit with the surgeon on Aug. 17th it won't be much longer. I know I'll have to take a 2-hr. class at the dr's office to go over everything you need to now, get approval from ins. (which should be within 2 wks), and do all the pre-op testing. I really hope I can be banded in September. I have really enjoyed this site. Looking forward to sharing with you throughout!!! Peg

Hi VA ladies. I am here with you. I am in Northern VA, really King George. I had my surgery done by Dr. Brengman and it went really well. However, I have not been behaving the last year, so I am about to pick up the phone to make the needed appointment. Good luck on your journeys.

Hi VA ladies. I am here with you. I am in Northern VA, really King George. I had my surgery done by Dr. Brengman and it went really well. However, I have not been behaving the last year, so I am about to pick up the phone to make the needed appointment. Good luck on your journeys.

Hi Niterun,

Tell me how you liked Dr. Brengman. Does he have good bedside manner? Once you got ins. approval, what did you have to do before surgery? Several of my friends who had been banded love Dr. Brengman and his staff. Hope to hear from you soon.

Peps

Wow, this is great! A small online community of Virginian bandsters. We're here to support and encourage one another. Niterun--I hope you're successful getting back on the wagon.

I went to Brengman because of someone on the site. I really like him and Erin, his nurse. I had the seminar in Nov. and my approval on the first try. Thanksgiving and Christmas caused the "delay" till March. I prepared myself by giving up sweet tea. I swear I used to drink a gallon of the stuff daily. I also started to eat on a smaller plate, no seconds and tried to learn to drink Water. Doc gave me a liver shrink diet for two weeks. I thought it was a ton of food, but by the time of surgery I had lost 18 lbs with the diet and the changes I had been making since Nov. Keep me posted on how you're doing. I was really lucky in that I never felt hungry. So many people seem to have that problem in the beginning.

Hi Niterun,

Thanks for the info. I've met the staff in the office and liked them as well. Everyone I know who has used them likes everyone just fine. Hope I don't ask too many questions of you. What kind of diet did he put you on the 2 weeks before surgery? My main vice was Diet Cokes. I've weaned myself off of them in June. I was sometimes drinking 6 a day. I loved them. Now, I drink Water with True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, or True Raspberry Lemonade. They're really good. I also like Diet Citrus Green Tea. Hope you have a wonderful 4th!:patriot:

From the handbook

Breakfast

1 Slim-Fast Hight Protein Drink

lunch

1 Slim-Fast

1 smal piece of fresh fruit

snack

6-8 oz light yogurt or light yogurt smoothie or

1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese

dinner

Sandwich:

4 oz lean turkey or chicken breast, ham or roast beef

2 slices of lite low cal whole grain bread

Mustard, fat free may, lettuce, Tomato as desired

1 C raw or cooked, non-strachy vegetables or 6-8 oz tomato or V* juice.

or

1 Slim-Fast

2 oz lean turkey or chicken breast, ham or roast bee

1 C vegetables

Snack

10 baby carrots, small cherry tomatoes, cucmber coins or broccoli florets

Be sure to drink at leat 64 ounces of sugar-free/calorie fre breverage!

Happy and safe 4th :Dancing_chief:

Thanks for the diet, Niterun. I'm slowly cutting back on portions now so it won't be so hard. I've always loved to cook and eat! This will be so new to me when the time comes, but I'm ready for the challenge!

Hope you have a safe 4th too! Talk to you soon!

I live in Northern Virginia too! Getting banded July 5 at Fair Oaks Hospital by Dr. Moazzez (Bluepoint Surgical Group).

I'm also a newbie from Virginia, the Richmond area. I'd appreciate any insights on the Richmond area doctors...

THANKS!!biggrin.gif