Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Anxious! Surgery 6/29!

Its not even the fear of the surgery its self; I am not really scared of that. My husband has been acting like I'm going to the electric chair or something!:huh:

It kind of creeps me out how much attention he is paying to me right now. Its not like I'm having brain surgery or anything.

He's supposed to be easing my fears and now I'm the one having to reassure him that everything will be okay! lol

I'm just ready to get this over with and start my journey full force. I hope the next 2 days just fly!

I am being banded on June 28th and I know how you feel. My husband has been acting the same way. I am also ready to get on with the journey. Good Luck to you and keep in touch!

I am also being banded on June 28th, what are you ladies having to do the day before the surgery? Im still on Optifast, just cant eat anything after midnight the night before. Im very excited!

I am being banded on the 29th and my husband is like you look good enough to me, why are you doing this?

Good Luck everyone, I am very scared.

Driso, I don't have any preop diet! Surgeon just said to try to get used to Protein shakes the weeks leading to my surgery but that I could eat whatever I want.

I've been trying not to overeat at all b/c I don't want to have a huge liver.

The surgery center called me today and said I should drink 8 glasses of Water the day before and not eat anything after midnight. She also said that the minimum they hold patient's in recover is an hour.

My surgery is at 830am, I wonder when they will give me the boot! lol

Driso, I don't have any preop diet! Surgeon just said to try to get used to Protein shakes the weeks leading to my surgery but that I could eat whatever I want.

I've been trying not to overeat at all b/c I don't want to have a huge liver.

The surgery center called me today and said I should drink 8 glasses of Water the day before and not eat anything after midnight. She also said that the minimum they hold patient's in recover is an hour.

My surgery is at 830am, I wonder when they will give me the boot! lol

Yeah get used to the Protein Shakes. Ive been on Optifast for 3 weeks now and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. My nutritionist said the reason for that is because my body is in ketosis. In about 12 hours I will be in surgery and im so excited.

I hate the Protein Shakes. I was told to get the Bariatric Advantage and OMG, I keep chanting the end is near, the end is near......of Protein shakes that is.

Ok, by this time tomorrow, I will be "under the knife". I am so very anxious right now!! I'm at work and can't concentrate a lick!

Last night I had to take some benadryl just to get me some sleep.

I picked up my post-op pain meds/antibiotics this morning. Thankfully my surgeon writes his patients the prescriptions prior to the surgery so that I don't have to worry about going to the pharmacy on the way home from being banded, :)

Also, yesterday I bought my self an Xbox 360 with the kinnect, so once I heal I can start doing the Dance Central game & burn some calories the fun way! :)

Good luck tomorrow too dejastar!

I have the wii fit and I love it, I am thinking of getting the Zumba as well and maybe doing some real life zumba once I am skinnier. I have a real issue going out in public to excerise. It is my own head issue.

Good luck ladies.....I will be in your shoes one day. My nerves made me chicken out, but now I know it must be done.

Good luck tomorrow!! I know my day before surgery was a blow off day at work because I was definitely in la-la land. blink.gif

Good luck tomorrow!

Good luck tommorow ladies! I had my surgery this morning and it wasnt too bad at all. I have alot of gas pain and also my stomach is really sore. Im not hungry at all, I have just been sipping on Water all day long.

My surgery is June 29 also. I live in Hawaii so you will all be done before I wake up. Having my last sips of clear chicken broth. Had Protein Shakes for prior 6 days. Before that I was on a high Protein, low fat eating plan for about 2 months to shrink my liver for surgery. I drink Spiru-tein shakes from our local health food store, they also carry them at GNC. I love them. I hate the chewable vitamins! Yuck. and I don't like the Isopure I have to drink today and the next 3 days. Horrid! I am nervous but not backing out. Been plotting this for the last year. Finally. Good luck ladies. I will be anxious to check in 'after'. Best wishes to all.