Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so happy for you!! I have my surgery scheduled for August 12th 2011! I got my approval letter on July 2nd, I have Pre op testing on August 2nd and then im ready to go! I am superr excited! but like most of you I am superrr nervous! I have never had surgery before!!. we are all about to embark on an exciting, new journey. Im sure it is about to get very interesting!! LOL I havent used this site much in the last few months but I know one thing, I plan on becoming SUPER active here! I need all the support I can get!! Good luck to all of us August Bandsters!! August 2011..the month we got a new lease on life!!

2 days till I start my pre op diet, I'm excited to start to the process but nervous wondering how I'm gonna handle 3 weeks of liquid diet!!! I'm allowed 250 calories of low glycemic vegetables a day too but I'm gonna try to just stick with the shakes, I have tried liquid diets before and when I'm allowed to eat a little I tend to overeat so I'm gonna really try just to do the shakes. I have also never had surgery so I'm nervous about that. I have decided that I'm not going to tell many people about the surgery, just my husband and parents so far, my kids don't know either, I don't want to worry them about me having surgery, anyone else not telling many people??

Spoke with my surgeon nurse today and was advised that paperwork will be submitted to insurance today. Keeping my fingers crossed. If approved within a reasonable amount of time I can keep my August 11 date.

I am happy that we all are moving along well. I noticed today that I am getting nervous. I am hoping that I don't begin to second guess myself. My nut said that she'd like to se me lose 100 in 6 months........maybe that's freaking me out. I start my preop on Wednesday. I'm just trying to not over compensate in the days leading to this! Is anyone else feeling like this?

I wrote a new blog tonight. I am finding the blogging to be pretty therapeutic. Similar to journaling I suppose.

I wrote a new blog tonight. I am finding the blogging to be pretty therapeutic. Similar to journaling I suppose.

I agree, the blogging is therapeutic. I havent made my blog public but I did start you tube videos. I can't wait to look back on what I looked like at my heaviest.

I went to dr and my date is set for Aug 11th, I can't wait!! I got one week of optfast. I can't believe I have to live off of this. It's all coming together! I'm excited and happy to have a msg board of ppl who know what I'm going through. Thanks Aug banders!!!!! Stay strong n were almost there!!!! Soon!!!!!!

I know! This message board is super helpful!

What's also helpful is that my dp's (domestic partner) step mom had gastric by-pass about 8 years ago. He told her about my lap band and she is psyched for me! I feel like she is the only person I know that can possible relate to what I'm going through.

Everyone at my job (I work at a very small company) is really excited for me and are even throwing me a "food extravaganza" before I start my liquid diet, but none of them can relate. (None of them are even remotely considered overweight).

That's great that you have your "step mom" I have found 5ppl close have gone through this. my cousin is down 70lbs and the a friend at my work just had it in Feb with same dr. My other friend at work is having it Aug 15th so we will be bandit buddies!! Lots of great success stories!

Your food party sounds great! I had a coke zero last night and kinda was like wow not much longer. Haha

When do you start your liquids? ?

MY SURGERY IS AUGUST 8TH I AM SO EXCITED!! I HAVE A COUNTDOWN GOING AT WORK LOL!!! MY PRE-OP DIET STARTS ON THE 25TH I AM NERVOUS ABOUT THAT!!

Only my husband and my bestfriend know. My husband is trying to help me be more open and comfortable about telling certain people that i'm having surgery. I'm such a private person. So Friday afternoon, i'm going to lunch with my mom to tell her. I honestly don't know how she'll react and the surgery is on her birthday. Then that will be 3 people. :P I really hate being the topic of conversation. It makes me very uncomfortable.

I go for my pre-op appt on August 2 - surgeon says he is looking at a mid-August surgery! I only hope I can work my job around it (we are in a no-take-off time in August, but my director is willing to work with me) - if I can't I'll have to wait until Sept and I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. I'm concerned about the number of days I'll have to take off - and now all of the pre-op testing after reading the posts! :) I'm on a CPAP machine already, so maybe I can skip that part! :)

because I am already on a cpap they didn't have me take that test cause that is what the sleep study is to show, if you need one.

So i'm nervous all over again. Oddly, my biggest fear at this moment is the attention that I will get from my weight loss. I've been big from when I was a kid so I know I will get the praise, questions, and maybe even snares. Am I the only crazy on here who thinks this way?

So i'm nervous all over again. Oddly, my biggest fear at this moment is the attention that I will get from my weight loss. I've been big from when I was a kid so I know I will get the praise, questions, and maybe even snares. Am I the only crazy on here who thinks this way?

No you are not crazy. I too have been big most of my life and I know there will be "how did you do it's" and WoW, Don't yet know how I will Handle it but my husband says to just say " Thank you , it has been with a llot of hard work and support that I have finally been able to loose the weight and that I had drs. helping me with the new adjustments in my life so I could do it in a healthy way" Now I don't know for sure how I will handle it but this sounds pretty good to me for now. I know we will do fine though cause we have to remember this in most of our cases is our BIG chance to finally have a difference in our lives

That's great that you have your "step mom" I have found 5ppl close have gone through this. my cousin is down 70lbs and the a friend at my work just had it in Feb with same dr. My other friend at work is having it Aug 15th so we will be bandit buddies!! Lots of great success stories!

Your food party sounds great! I had a coke zero last night and kinda was like wow not much longer. Haha

When do you start your liquids??

Yeah I have been drinking a lot of soda, my way of saying goodbye i guess lol

I start liquids in 9 days. I am at the point where it's so close, yet so far. And it is driving me insane!!!! I just want to get this over with. Plus I feel like I need a break from work for a little while and this is the only vacation i'm getting this year. lol

I started my liquid diet 3 days ago 1200cal, they taste terrible i am struggling to find a way to make them better, the nutritionist suggested adding fruit. As i need to lose 25lbs before they will band me i am like 6 weeks away so i asked nutritionist if i could substitute 6" subway sub 350 cal for 2 shakes for the 1 week or 2 she said its ok as long as i stay 1200cal a day, i been doing like 1010cal a day i finally hit 50 laps today in the pool.

Irvine medical has the nutritionist right in office along with social worker so i don't need to pay for extra for it plus i did it the first day i went in for interview, so all i got to do is UGI and my Psch eval on July 27th 560$ OUCH. Luckily insurance will cover all but 110$ that i have to pay,

I am bummed out the office told me the new medicare rule i have to pay a 1000$ deductible, its only good for 2 mos so if i am re admitted i have to pay it again. DAM i am paying 300$ a month for part b as it is.

I am shooting for aug 28th my moms birthday, wished she was still with us.