Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay! I got my approval today and I'll be banded on August 15 at 2:00 p.m. I wonder if they'll let me go home that night if I'm having it done that late? Anybody have it done that late who went home the same day?

I am set for the 4th too!!! I am so excited. Do you start your two week liquid diet on Thursday? That is going to be the beginning of the rest of our lives!!! :) Good Luck!

I FINALLY got my surgery date! August 4th!!!!! I am so excited! I feel like it's a long ways away!

Who else is getting banded in August?

Yay! I got my approval today and I'll be banded on August 15 at 2:00 p.m. I wonder if they'll let me go home that night if I'm having it done that late? Anybody have it done that late who went home the same day?

My guess is that they won't but you might want to make sure that your insurance will cover an overnight stay. Otherwise see if the hospital will be it as outpatient observation. A lady on this forum had to stay overnight and the insurance did not approve it so she has a penalty to pay. All the best to you. Please keep us posted.

Melinda

I start my preop tomorrow. I'm a bit excited because I also have my pre admission testing tomorrow as well. I am determined to have this surgery done on the 3rd. I am also heavily looking into starting a Blog. I want to use a fancy phrase with the word "BAND". I've seen a lot of cool ones thus far.

August 2nd! Got my call this morning... It could have been next week but my husband's birthday is July 30th and I didn't want to be a bum on his birthday... So august 2nd it is! I can't believe it.... I'm nervous but more excited than anything.

I have a surgery date of Aug. 11th. I'm so nervous. I'm mostly scared of having to retrain myself on eating differantly, smaller bites, not drinking while eating etc. I hope I can make these changes easily.

I FINALLY got my surgery date! August 4th!!!!! I am so excited! I feel like it's a long ways away!

Who else is getting banded in August?

August 2nd! Got my call this morning... It could have been next week but my husband's birthday is July 30th and I didn't want to be a bum on his birthday... So august 2nd it is! I can't believe it.... I'm nervous but more excited than anything.

Yay for Aug 2nd!! Only two weeks away!! Congrats! We will have the same "bandaversary". :)(my lame attempt at putting "band" and "anniversary" together)

Yay! Haha I'm excited to have someone to go through this with! Let's keep in touch!!

Yay for Aug 2nd!! Only two weeks away!! Congrats! We will have the same "bandaversary". :)(my lame attempt at putting "band" and "anniversary" together)

I will be getting banded on Aug. 11th as well. Let's all keep in touch and check on each other. I know I'm gonna need all the help begining 7-28 when I start my pre opt diet. I'm excited & nervous as well. Good luck!!

My dietician gave me a small list but many on here have lists they have used and I have gotten good ideals from them. I started out using Special K drinks to get myself ready but more ideals come from people who have already done thhis. Mine too will be aug. 11 so my new friend I am right there with you on taking any ideal there are.

Good luck

Yay! Haha I'm excited to have someone to go through this with! Let's keep in touch!!

Totally! We will definitely keep in touch. We can see how each of us are doing and such, are you starting your pre op diet???

I am! I kinda started a few weeks ago and lost about 8 lbs but I kinda fell off track this past week and gained about 4-5 of those 8 back haha... But I started again today... What's your pre-op diet consist of? Mine's basically Atkins... Plus Protein Shakes if I want.

I am! I kinda started a few weeks ago and lost about 8 lbs but I kinda fell off track this past week and gained about 4-5 of those 8 back haha... But I started again today... What's your pre-op diet consist of? Mine's basically Atkins... Plus Protein Shakes if I want.

Good job starting back up again. It's so hard to stay on track....for me because I cook for my munchkins and I just want a small bite of what they are having...lol

My diet is the same...basically high Protein low carbs. Drinking my shake as I type. :)

It's rough, but I always look at what is going to happen in two weeks so it makes it worth it in the end. I'm only on day 2, so I don 't know if I lost anything....I don't own a scale. Guess I should get one now. :)

I started a workout routine so I can get in a habit of working out regularly when I get the surg. I also starting chewing my food like 20 times before swallowing. So far so good. :)

Keep up on track with the diet!! :) You can do it! :D

4 weeks until surgery!!! I can't wait!

18 days until liquid diet. I am not looking forward to the liquid diet, but I can't wait to start shedding weight.

Day two of my liquid diet. I can't cay I'm not hungry, but it isn't bad. I'm drinking nectar Naturals (various fruit flavors) and Unjury (Chicken Soup) Protein smoothies. They taste really good. (I use coconut water* (NOT coconut milk) instead of H20 for the fruit smoothies.) They are more expensive than other protein options out there, but I'm particular about limiting unpronounceable crap in my food.

Syntrax makes the Nectar powder - the Naturals brand have Stevia for sweetener, the originals have the artificial stuff. Unfortunately the Natruals don't come in individual packets so I had to settle for the artificial sweeteners for on-the-go smoothies. They have an abundance of flavors and they really do taste good.

Unjury makes several flavors, though I've only had the chicken Soup. It's like a creamy version of instant chicken soup w/o the noodles or dehydrated chicken. Pretty tasty, too.

Trader Joe's has an excellent variety of blended Soups - Latin Black Bean, Roasted Tomato/Red Pepper, Butternut Squash, Mushroom, Roasted Corn (watch the carbs). I also went to my local diner for their fabulous Minestrone soup, brought it home and whirled it up in the blender. Delish!

Nectars - mybariatricpantry.com

Unjury - unjury.com

my blog on my Mexican banding adventure (surgery Aug. 2) - BandolerG.wordpress.com

*coconut Water is an isotonic - excellent hydrator, loaded with electrolyte

I am set for the 4th too!!! I am so excited. Do you start your two week liquid diet on Thursday? That is going to be the beginning of the rest of our lives!!! :) Good Luck!

I start my liquid diet on Monday. I got my Protein in the mail today. But one of the containers were open. I have to call them tomorrow. I don't want to use open protein.

My surgeon submitted my paperwork to the insurance on 7/13 and today the nurse called me today to say that insurance denied. She said not to panick that I just need to have physical with PCP and get a letter of recommendation, but I will mostly have to postpone my August 11 surgery date. I slipped into a state of depression. I immediately call my PCP after this week he is out for 2 weeks.