Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 15th here! I'm so excited!!! :willy_nilly:

My preop starts on 7/20. That's my 2 week mark! I'm getting very nervous about a lot.

I'm tentatively scheduled for August 11. I say tenatively cause my surgeon has it on hefr calendar and insurance has approved it (YEAH!), but I still have to do the sleep study and they are looking into an abnormal liver test. Hoping it is just fatty liver. Everything else is fat, why wouldn't my liver be too!

I love reading everyone's posts!! Sounds like August is going to be a great month for us all!! Good luck!!

Had to explain to my 6 year old daughter about what's going to happen to mommy. She asked if the doctor is going to take my tummy out and to make sure he puts it back in so I can eat.. LOL

Anyways, starting my pre-op diet on Tuesday (high protein/low carbs)....but I may start on Monday.

High fives to you all out there in August banders! We got this!!

My doctor didn't say that I had to lose a certain amount of weight before hand (thank you!)

But the liquid diet is mandatory. I've done diets similar to this in the past. My dp estimates that I will lose around 15 pounds.

I realized that I have been posting my progress in the "August" topic as oppose to this one "August 2011". So to update this topic.......

I told my mom about me having the surgery (on her b-day). She was shocked but said she'd support me. My mom's way of supporting me is being negative. It not something she does on purpose but that's just her way of showing that she cares. She did some research and thought she should tell me the # 1 risk of having the surgery....which would be the # 1 risk of having any surgery! I don't think I need to say because we did our research ( I hope we all did). I just know I will have to keep her at bay with things. I don't need her to bring me down during my journey.

On a lighter note.....I have my last preop visit with my surgeon tomorrow. I will ask to have the single incision surgery. I hope he says yes. I'm not being vain or anything, its just the less incisions, the better I should heal. What do you guys think?

I realized that I have been posting my progress in the "August" topic as oppose to this one "August 2011". So to update this topic.......

I told my mom about me having the surgery (on her b-day). She was shocked but said she'd support me. My mom's way of supporting me is being negative. It not something she does on purpose but that's just her way of showing that she cares. She did some research and thought she should tell me the # 1 risk of having the surgery....which would be the # 1 risk of having any surgery! I don't think I need to say because we did our research ( I hope we all did). I just know I will have to keep her at bay with things. I don't need her to bring me down during my journey.

On a lighter note.....I have my last preop visit with my surgeon tomorrow. I will ask to have the single incision surgery. I hope he says yes. I'm not being vain or anything, its just the less incisions, the better I should heal. What do you guys think?

Congrats on telling your mom and her supporting you! My dad was very sceptical but sees how much ive done my research on this, and that I am fully prepared for what im getting into. Parents want the best but my dad is 67 years old, back then you didnt have these kinds of surgery and surgery to my parents was either tonsils or cancer. I think cosmetic surgeries are incresing and my 86 year old grandmother was apprehensive too but i have read so much on WLS, done my homework on lap band surgery, and joined a gym and changed my eating all family and friends are supportive. if they are not..who needs em right???

Killerhighlights goodf luck!! you are so close to your liquid diet...let me know how it goes, im right behind you, should start 7/28 but I will be on vacation then so have to start 8/1. Im not packing a heavy case of Optifast while away lol BTW killerhightlights your blog was amazing. LOVED it!!!! Well Aug banders another day down, our month is just around the corner. Im going to a support meeting wed night, I hope to meet more ppl and gain insight into this surgery and more support system, I cannot fail!!! best of luck all!!!!

Congrats on telling your mom and her supporting you! My dad was very sceptical but sees how much ive done my research on this, and that I am fully prepared for what im getting into. Parents want the best but my dad is 67 years old, back then you didnt have these kinds of surgery and surgery to my parents was either tonsils or cancer. I think cosmetic surgeries are incresing and my 86 year old grandmother was apprehensive too but i have read so much on WLS, done my homework on lap band surgery, and joined a gym and changed my eating all family and friends are supportive. if they are not..who needs em right???

Killerhighlights goodf luck!! you are so close to your liquid diet...let me know how it goes, im right behind you, should start 7/28 but I will be on vacation then so have to start 8/1. Im not packing a heavy case of Optifast while away lol BTW killerhightlights your blog was amazing. LOVED it!!!! Well Aug banders another day down, our month is just around the corner. Im going to a support meeting wed night, I hope to meet more ppl and gain insight into this surgery and more support system, I cannot fail!!! best of luck all!!!!

Thanks. I just began looking up support groups on another website and I seen your surgeons name as #1 on the list. its kinda cool that some of us have a lot in common such as where we live. *Don't worry! In no way shape or form am I a stalker. And I won't show up* I just think that it could be helpful since we may utilize the same eateries and shops, that we could offer each other some local support.

thanks so much! i'm committed to getting healthy! plus you guys keep me accountable!

I would rather have a few small incisions, a better recovery and less pain then one large incision, longer recover and more pain. Just my thoughts.

thanks so much! i'm committed to getting healthy! plus you guys keep me accountable!

awesome job!!! I just came back from a great workout and made my protein shake!!! Im with ya on commiting to get healthy!! Keep it up everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather have a few small incisions, a better recovery and less pain then one large incision, longer recover and more pain. Just my thoughts.

Its not necessarily a larger incision. It takes about 5 tools to do the procedure normally but each incision is for one tool. They use a different device that hold several tools in it all at once. Some go through your belly button others go right above/below it.

It seems that I forgot to do a sonogram so I will not be seeing my surgeon tonight to sign papers. I am bummed because this may push my date back. I will still be an August bander but I just want this process to be done and over with. I hope i can get the sono done tonight or sometime this week, otherwise...............my date gets pushed! :'(

I had my upper GI today. Blech! Chalky barium crap. Although they let me watch the barium move around in my stomach.

I drove home, damn near in tears, I went for my pulmonary consult. Keyword......CONSULT! All along, I was told that it was a test. I'm not going to get to see my surgeon until sometime after Monday. :'( I hate this waiting game.