Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who says that to someone's husband!!!

My husband came home from work in a not so great mood today. He always texts me on his breaks, and when he did today, I could tell he wasn't in a great mood. When he got home I asked him if he was ok, and he told me what was bugging him. Yesterday I ran into a guy he works with (who he doesn't really like too well) and talked to him for a couple minutes while we were waiting for our coffees. Apparently today at work this guy goes up to my husband and tells him he saw me, so my husband was like, oh ya, that's nice. This guy goes on to tell my husband that he had to try hard not to look at me. My husband (a little baffled) asked him why? The guy proceeds to tell him that I am looking really good and he was thinking of doing things to me that he shouldn't. Who tells someone's husband that!!!! I mean, really? I think it bothered him so much because this guy isn't one of his favorite people. Some of his friends have made comments similar to that, and it didn't bother him as much. I mentioned that to him, and he said that he doesn't like guys looking at me all the time now. I just had to tell him that I love him, and to think of it this way, they can look....but only he can touch :D

What is wrong with some people? I mean clearly it was a compliment, but holy inappropriate confession, batman!

Your husband has my respect for keeping it professional and not telling him off.

Only one person that I know of has commented to my husband about my weight-- funnily enough, it was a guy that works at a barbecue place we eat at regularly on Sundays. I guess he didn't want to say anything to me about my weight (smart man), but asked my husband if I've lost weight. He said, yes, she has. The guy said, well, she's lost a lot-- like 30 or 40 lbs, right? My husband just said yes, she's lost a lot and left it at that. He told me he wasn't sure if I'd be complimented or angry that he thought I'd "only" lost 30-40 lbs. I chose to feel flattered :)

What a jerk, nobody with any sense of personal boundaries would say that.

On the other hand, my husband LOVES that other men look at me. He is proud that he has a hot wife that is all his! He has his insecurities and issues like all men do, but on this issue, I think it really appeals to his masculine vanity to be seen as a stud who's pulled a hot woman, lol. Not sure I like that sort of thinking as it doesnt cast me as being anything other than decorative, but I guess men are from mars, arent they?

Wasn't it enough for the guy to say "I noticed your wife is looking great these days. She must feel awesome." Done. End of compliment. The guy sounds like a total weirdo...sorry your husband got upset :-( If someone was talking about my wife like that I would have knocked them out!

Eww - that is so gross. To say you are looking hot is fine , but the rest!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!! That guy is a bit of a weirdo and apparently socially awkward :) My husband usually does like the compliments I get, but I think when it came from someone who he doesn't like (part of why he doesn't like him is because he thinks he perverted) it sent him over the edge. I too am proud of him for keeping his cool and not going off on him. He did clarify to me also that it bothered him because he doesn't like the thought of "that pervert" thinking about me sexually.

My money says that the guy was trying to get a reaction out of your husband. It's possible that your husband isn't one of his favorite people either, and that could be why he did it. As far as normal guys go, we'll make comments to each other about women we see, or that none of us are connected to. But never do we say anything about each others' girlfriends, wives, sisters, etc. Thinking about it, sure....but never saying it.

It's complete disrespect towards your husband.

Thanks for male input :) You could be right. He has made comments before about my weight loss, a lot of people have asked my husband about it, but what he said yesterday went too far. I blame it on the fact that they work for the railroad, and sometimes some of them can be pretty raunchy ;)

My money says that the guy was trying to get a reaction out of your husband. It's possible that your husband isn't one of his favorite people either, and that could be why he did it. As far as normal guys go, we'll make comments to each other about women we see, or that none of us are connected to. But never do we say anything about each others' girlfriends, wives, sisters, etc. Thinking about it, sure....but never saying it.

It's complete disrespect towards your husband.

When I had my psych evaluation, he told me one of the hardest problems people face is the new reactions they get. People are not used to get looked at in a positive way, and when that changes all of the sudden it is sometimes hard to take in.. At least that is what the psychologist said. Not only this might be hard for you, it is also probably hard for your husband to know there are other men looking at you lustfully. Just some food for thought. Congrats on your success!!

Makes me wonder if the guy who made the inappropriate remarks has Aspergers.. If I understand the syndrom right.. It's a problem on the continuum with Austism, but they are highly, highly functional, but don't "get" the social interaction thing. If you think about it that way, it may make his behavior easier to understand.

Some people are to stupid for their own good! What if the same had been said to him? Men are really sensitive about the big changes they see in us. We can't help it, our attitudes change about ourselves, we dress a little different, a little more outgoing and we are happier. Age doesn't matter, I am 53 and I like it when people notice the change, it is hard work for us and the husbands are happy for us but not sure how our change will change the relationship. There is an older gentleman, at lest 75, with a portable oxygen tank that goes out of his way to speak to me when he sees me weekly. My husband teases me, but I find it funny that he is watching this old man.

Makes me wonder if the guy who made the inappropriate remarks has Aspergers.. If I understand the syndrom right.. It's a problem on the continuum with Austism, but they are highly, highly functional, but don't "get" the social interaction thing. If you think about it that way, it may make his behavior easier to understand.

That was my first reaction as well.

I'm familiar with aperger's syndrome as my nephew has it. This guy doesn't have any signs of having it. He says thing to get a rise out of people, he always has :(

I was thinking the same thing about the Aspergers. I have a brother that has it and his social skills are lacking no fault to his own. Nice guy but just does not qute know how to interact with others.

On the flip side well done on the weight loss.