Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was wondering if bandits who plan/hope/already are going through being banded with no fills should have a separate forum section under the "Lap-Band Fills" or some other section?

I find that our questions and goals might be a bit different from the people who have fills. I am refering to those who chose not to have fills , not those who are "pre-first-fill"

Just wondering...

I think you guys deserve medals laugh.gif

I think you guys deserve medals laugh.gif

LOL Rachel

I think it is the placement of the band just pressures on the right nerves and minimizes the hunger...

I would love to have a separate forum to see how NO FILLers do.

I got an impression that only Realize Bandits can live with no fills - but I might be mistaken.

I also think the weight issue for NO FILLers was not due to the type of food but the amount of it - but once again - I might be mistaken.

Just looking for some answers - any input from NO FILLers would be great.

so far no hunger (physical feeling) only a few head hunger experiences. I have an AP band so no it is not only done with Realize bands (non fills). Type of food? good question. I have experiemented with food and calories,but keep it within the limits suggested by my surgeon and his team for the most part. I keep low carb moderate fats and high Protein, keep a journal and when in doubt will weigh food as needed and i experiment with calories every once in awhile. /don't forget the exercise portion. Portion Control is most decidedly a win at least for me. banded since August of 2010.

I fell off the no fill wagon last month :(. I think I may need another one this month. :(

Jess, no big deal. Isn't that one of the reasons why we got the band? so that we can adjust as we need to? They say that there is low percentage that go and lose the weight without a fill. Some will go several months and then as they lose fat or the body adjusts to the band the hunger comes back. My surgeon told me that sometimes the person may not be experiencing hunger, but has hit a plateau and will need a fill at that point in time.

I think that it is fabulous that you have lost 45+ lbs with or without a fill who cares, the point being that you are losing! Congrats!

I havent had a fill since April 10, 2009. 1 year to the date of my surgery. The first 100 pounds were easy, but the last 70 have been a hell of a struggle. I havent had a fill in well over 2 years now (realize band). I live in California now and I had my surgery in VA, so I dont have access tomy surgeon. I also paid cash for my surgery since my insurance wouldnt cover it.. My weight loss has hit a pleatu, big time. I blame myself because I know I have not been the best bander I can be, Ive kind of lost my motovation. I have another 50 pounds I want to lose, and I am struggling big time. So my questions is, should I go get a fill to get things going again? Honestly, I am lost and I have totally fallen off the wagon. This band is a life comittment, and I need to get back on track.

Any input is welcome.... just feeling lost.

I haven't had a fill yet.....but weight loss is very slow. About 1.5 pounds a week. I don't have much actual hunger, more head and boredom hunger. I still have restriction so not sure when a fill is needed. I see my Doc once a month so we will see what he says in August.

That's not slow for weight loss! That's perfect. You should lose 1-2 pounds a week.

I haven't had a fill and don't need one. I am exercising like a fiend and have a hard time getting in more than 800 calories a day. I think my surgeon was an absolute superstar when it came to placing my band. I got lucky.

That's not slow for weight loss! That's perfect. You should lose 1-2 pounds a week.

I haven't had a fill and don't need one. I am exercising like a fiend and have a hard time getting in more than 800 calories a day. I think my surgeon was an absolute superstar when it came to placing my band. I got lucky.

Totally agree with you - placement is very important.

YEY our docs !!!!

Down 50 no fill yet!!! It be 8 months on the 22 of this month!!! It's slow but I am ok with it :lol: if i ever need one I can go and get it!!!! So I am riding the tide out to see how far I can go!!!!! Keep up the good work to everybody in band land lol :lol:

No fills here, but not because I wanted it that way, It's because my port flipped and I was self pay!:o No money to pay for another surgery to fix it...smh #life :huh: