Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged with the band.

It is all in how you look at it. I've lost 55 lbs. since November, not much longer than you, but I sure don't feel discouraged!

You are doing yourself SUCH a huge favor, trying to get your health right at a young age. I seriously used to think 15 minutes of exercise was awesome when I was younger! Now at 41, I HAVE to exercise to keep my knees from hurting. Losing weight has decreased most of my joint pains. I had high triglycerides and my blood pressure was starting to get a little high. Guess what? It's all better now! You can prevent all that damage to your body by getting moving now. You have the "tool" the knowledge.

If you don't want to calorie count (I don't), just try to make good choices more often than not. Instead of McD's, get a turkey sub and Subway and eat everything but the bread. Or chili at Wendy's. Or chicken strips at Chick-Fil-A. There are so many choices!

"Fake it til you make it" - what awesome advice. By the time you start making it, the faking it will be a normal part of your daily life and you'll achieve all that you are hoping to achieve. Good luck.

I totally understand where you are coming from I have had my band for only 4 days and it is very hard not to eat. I took a little piece of frosting off of my daugters birthday cake and wanted more the only thing that stops me is I hate throwing up. I know that if I could I would be eating hamburgers and fries and shakes because that food is so good. It is going to be a long struggle for me but one good thing I have is i'm active at my job so that will help. I work with a woman who had the lap band a year ago and I am amazed at how much she can eat everyday she has fast food so it is kind of dissapointing to know that we as the humans have to do all the work in order for the weight to come off. I wish you good luck.

I basically just need to vent. And if anyone has encouraging advice, or is feeling the same way... all inputs are awesome! however, don't get snooty. This is a forum, and I am allowed to say what I want, so please for the sake of just being a decent person, don't put me down.

-With that being said..

I feel like the band is disappointing.

I have been heavy my whole life. I went from the chubby kid, to the overweight teen to the obese adult.

My mother had always been heavy too, so back..many years ago she got her stomach stapled.

She lost 117lbs in six months. She was so young (my age, 21) that she didn't even have any excess skin.

So when I turned 21 I decided I was SICK of being the fat person in the room, so I got a appointment with a weight loss surgeon.

He told me about the lap band. He said it was the best bet at my age, due to the possibility of having children.

So, my surgery date was Jan 7th 2011. I did A LOT of research on the band, and realized that it really wasn't much like my mothers surgery.

I just figured I would get it so tight that it would be like hers, and I would drop the weight off the same way she did.

Yeeeeeah, not so much. I went from 306lbs to 266lbs. I am stuck. I can't seem to loose anymore weight. A couple months ago my band was WAY TOO tight and I got sick, so I got it unfilled...and have been scared to get it filled since then. I am what I think is a good fill, HOWEVER I can still eat a WHOLE double cheeseburger and a medium fry.(Yes, I do go to McDonald's every now and then, because I freakin' love Food. Obviously)

So, my doctor tells me last visit (after me not losing anything for three weeks) that I need to start calorie counting......

....seriously?!

Truth is, if I wanted to calorie count I would have NEVER gotten a surgery. If I wanted to calorie count... I would have NEVER gotten fat in the first place.

Will power is something that I obviously don't have.

And the exercise? Again; if I wanted to go to the gym i would have. I would not have spent the money and the recovery time on a surgery.

Everyone says that "The Lap band is a TOOL"... my thought on that?! I did not want a HAMMER to start building a new house... I just wanted to move into a new house!

Nobody wants to go to the gym when they are over weight. I don't know if you've ever drove by a bally's(where there is a HUGE front window and you can see all the people on the machines)...they all look like they could be modeling the equipment.

And I know that you can exercise without a gym. But, I live in a state where it was 107 today, so... unless I want to have a stroke i am not gonna power walk.

I actually feel a lot better now that i have gotten that WEIGHT (LOL) off my shoulders and vented!

Again, i understand that some people may want to respond to this with 'Your STILL going to MCDONALDS, you DON'T exercise, no wonder your still fat!', but if you are going to reply... maybe reply in a nicer way than that?!

I know it's hard to keep your thoughts under control when you hear/read something that just boggles your mind. I am VERY out spoken, so I know how it is. But... I feel like instead of being mean, I could use some encouragement.

I have to say that this is actually my favorite thread that I've read so far on this board, and I'll tell you why...

Tanksmama, I have SO much respect for you for coming on here, venting like you needed to and being HONEST about how you were feeling, and what was going on with you. That is freaking amazing, and I totally have admiration and respect for that. I love getting as many perspectives on this surgery as possible, and I truly appreciate it. I think you said what a lot of people are thinking or feeling, but they may not have been brave enough to say so.

I also love that you took everyone's comments to heart and you're making changes that work for you. That is really incredibly cool, and I think you are going to do well.

Also, I hear ya about Mc Donald's / junk food, etc. I love burgers and nachos and Taco bell, etc etc. I think I'll probably always love that stuff, but I'm realizing that I love being healthy and energetic, and I love having the possibility of living a long time in a healthy way. I realized that when I saw my stepdad in tears after I got my surgery because he was so happy that I was making changes in my life. I realized that now that I can run a whole mile. I realize that every time a friend makes a comment that I look happier and less tired.

I have found that in the over two years I've worked towards getting the band, and now the week and a half that I've had it, that the reward of meeting my goals and my increasing health is much more addicting than a burger ever will be.

I truly wish you the best of luck, and I really do think you're going to do well. Congratulations on the 40 pounds!!

By the way, I have another exercise suggestion for you. I have recently discovered that on hulu.com if you type 'Health and Fitness' into the search bar, they have tons of exercise shows with a lot of variety, and you can watch and do them right next to your computer. I've been having a lot of fun trying different ones. Something new every day, and you don't have to go outside. I HATE when it gets too hot too, part of why I live in Oregon.

I seriously cannot thank everyone enough! Banane44.gif

I really needed all of the responses. I really liked hearing that I was not the only one going through this. Believe it or not, I seriously think that the one that got me in the right mind set was the one that pissed me off the most. (I'm sure you ALL know which one I am talking about!)

with that being said...one poster said I didn't have to work out outside...and they where right!

I DO have a Wii. And I looked up some of the weight loss games for it, and I am wondering if anybody has any recommendations?!

I read about the Biggest Loser challenge and the reviews are good, anybody have any experience with it?!

thanks again, everyone. thankyou.gif

Hey tanks mama

I am more than old enough to be your mama and I too, have struggled all my life with weight problems. Everything I researched and read pointed me to the lapband...even the commercials on television and billboards that said things like...Have you tried every diet and failed...then the lapband is for you. I lost 60 lbs in less than 6 months and then came to a standstill when I realized that I lost most of it preop, post op and liquid diets thereafter. I do well on the Atkins...60 lbs lost every time and then 70 lbs gained. I have gained some weight back this time too, and am going to restart on the Adkins and go back to my gym and get on the Elliptical. I have never been told how much (or how little) is in my fills and I have seldom felt any restriction, so I now must step up and do this on my own. I will get another fill in a few weeks and this time, I will demand to know how much is in it, and I will try once again, for myself to lose this weight. You can do it too. You are smart to use the Wi and the other games out there for people in your age group; you will do very well with those! Your weight loss is really good for having the surgery this year, so keep trying, and good luck. Just get in the right mind set that you are going to lose the weight, try to get help with the band, because you paid for it and move forward. Enjoy the rest of your life thinner and happier. Good Luck.

Grandy

I had my surgery a year ago in August and I lost 25 pounds at first and now I have gained it all back. I guess I was under the assumption that if I got a fill that it would just come off and I could eat whatever I want and still lose weight. Obviously I was wrong my band is filled to 7 and I fill no restriction at all nothing is telling me to stop eating because if u dont u will throw up. I have never thrown up and I can still eat alot of food. I think maybe I have stretched out my band or it has slipped. Im going to go see the nutritionist this week or next and I belong to a gym and was going walking for 45 min at 2.3 speed with a 3 percent incline but had to stop for two weeks because I hurt my back. Does anybody know how I can shrink my pounch back without drinking those god awful Protein shakes.....

Hey tanks mama

I am more than old enough to be your mama and I too, have struggled all my life with weight problems. Everything I researched and read pointed me to the lapband...even the commercials on television and billboards that said things like...Have you tried every diet and failed...then the lapband is for you. I lost 60 lbs in less than 6 months and then came to a standstill when I realized that I lost most of it preop, post op and liquid diets thereafter. I do well on the Atkins...60 lbs lost every time and then 70 lbs gained. I have gained some weight back this time too, and am going to restart on the Adkins and go back to my gym and get on the Elliptical. I have never been told how much (or how little) is in my fills and I have seldom felt any restriction, so I now must step up and do this on my own. I will get another fill in a few weeks and this time, I will demand to know how much is in it, and I will try once again, for myself to lose this weight. You can do it too. You are smart to use the Wi and the other games out there for people in your age group; you will do very well with those! Your weight loss is really good for having the surgery this year, so keep trying, and good luck. Just get in the right mind set that you are going to lose the weight, try to get help with the band, because you paid for it and move forward. Enjoy the rest of your life thinner and happier. Good Luck.

Grandy

It's hard, because for me... and i'm sure a lot of people who are feeling the way we are... it's like for what I have lost, a surgery seems a bit extreme! I was pretty much the same kind of thinker a lot of people are ... that the band would just let the weight fall off of me, like my moms surgery did with her.

However, I am now coming to grip with reality. And it kind of sucks. Because, I am exercising EVERY night... every night i burn AT LEAST 150 calories on the WII game, tonight I burned 400. I am watching my calorie intake... and since Tuesday I have lost 3lbs....and all of this I could have done without the surgery. I feel like that I have these UGLY scars now... for nothing! I am doing it all myself! You know, when I first started getting interested in weight loss surgery.. I want something more powerful. Gastric Bypass, stomach sleeve, but I went with the Lap Band because it had a better over all rating as far as health wise. It seemed like there where WAY Less complications, and between me and you... I didn't want to be pooping my pants, or throwing up every time i ate a bite too much like my mom did with her surgery..

With that being said; if some one told me 8 months ago when I was getting ready to get the lap band that today I would be sweating my ass off on wii games and eating brown rice and vegetables... I would have never gotten the lap band. But, as one poster said I can't change the past. So, I am a bander- and I think if anything it motivates me to lose the weight more, because I DID get the surgery... even though it's not helping me as much as I would like it to...I got it done, and if I'm going to have the scars than I am going to make it worth it.

Also- on a side note, the Wii games are not just for people my age!!! I got my 55 year old aunt to get it, and she LOVES it. You put in YOUR information, what you want to lose, what you weigh, etc...and it makes a workout designed for YOU.

I also wish you the best of luck!!!

Hey sweetie...you are doing really well with that reduced calorie diet and the Wi, and I KNOW you will succeed. I am annoyed with the lapband too, but is has worked well for thousands of people across this universe. There is a lady in my therapy group who is in her 50's like me and she lost 107 lbs. in 6 months. Her restriction with fills was always just right, so she could NEVER eat more than a tiny piece of meat and a tsp of vegetables. I begged to have my fills regulated like hers and they told me that everyone is different and that everyone has one issue or another. I was told that I must work with my band and not expect it to work for me. I am still praying for that fill that will help me succeed. Another older lady in my group didn't really feel restriction or the ability to lose weight until after her 8th fill. After that fill, she lost over the 100 lb mark and feels great for the first time in a very long time. The truth is this: we MUST learn to cut back the food and exercise and we MUST make it a lifelong goal...don't do like me and lose 1000 lbs over a 30 year period and gain back 1200 lbs!!!! Lose it know while you're young and you will have no regrets. My son is an attorney and he is 39 years old. He is very tall and never had a weight problem until he was in lawschool...it was the eating double burgers and fries in the middle of the night while he was studying. Now he is over 300 lbs and that is WAY too much for anyone, even if they are 6'3" tall. He has never had to diet and he is struggling immensely now; he was talking about the lapband and I did not recommend it to him. I signed us all up at the gym and I am encouraging him to eat high Protein, and low carb, since he's a carboholic like me.

I know you can do this; your metabolism is at its best now and will be great for years to come...the more you exercise, the better it will be. Sky Lily tells me that the little hummingbird has the best metabolism of all creatures. Well, little hummingbird, you CAN do this and you MUST start now. Work on it every day and you WILL succeed. What is that saying that I am reading everywhere now..."Skinny feels so much better than than piece of chocolate cake feels..."

I want to hear from you often...we can do this together, little hummingbird!!!

Grandy

It's hard, because for me... and i'm sure a lot of people who are feeling the way we are... it's like for what I have lost, a surgery seems a bit extreme! I was pretty much the same kind of thinker a lot of people are ... that the band would just let the weight fall off of me, like my moms surgery did with her.

However, I am now coming to grip with reality. And it kind of sucks. Because, I am exercising EVERY night... every night i burn AT LEAST 150 calories on the WII game, tonight I burned 400. I am watching my calorie intake... and since Tuesday I have lost 3lbs....and all of this I could have done without the surgery. I feel like that I have these UGLY scars now... for nothing! I am doing it all myself! You know, when I first started getting interested in weight loss surgery.. I want something more powerful. Gastric Bypass, stomach sleeve, but I went with the Lap Band because it had a better over all rating as far as health wise. It seemed like there where WAY Less complications, and between me and you... I didn't want to be pooping my pants, or throwing up every time i ate a bite too much like my mom did with her surgery..

With that being said; if some one told me 8 months ago when I was getting ready to get the lap band that today I would be sweating my ass off on wii games and eating brown rice and vegetables... I would have never gotten the lap band. But, as one poster said I can't change the past. So, I am a bander- and I think if anything it motivates me to lose the weight more, because I DID get the surgery... even though it's not helping me as much as I would like it to...I got it done, and if I'm going to have the scars than I am going to make it worth it.

Also- on a side note, the Wii games are not just for people my age!!! I got my 55 year old aunt to get it, and she LOVES it. You put in YOUR information, what you want to lose, what you weigh, etc...and it makes a workout designed for YOU.

I also wish you the best of luck!!!

Hey sweetie...you are doing really well with that reduced calorie diet and the Wi, and I KNOW you will succeed. I am annoyed with the lapband too, but is has worked well for thousands of people across this universe. There is a lady in my therapy group who is in her 50's like me and she lost 107 lbs. in 6 months. Her restriction with fills was always just right, so she could NEVER eat more than a tiny piece of meat and a tsp of vegetables. I begged to have my fills regulated like hers and they told me that everyone is different and that everyone has one issue or another. I was told that I must work with my band and not expect it to work for me. I am still praying for that fill that will help me succeed. Another older lady in my group didn't really feel restriction or the ability to lose weight until after her 8th fill. After that fill, she lost over the 100 lb mark and feels great for the first time in a very long time. The truth is this: we MUST learn to cut back the food and exercise and we MUST make it a lifelong goal...don't do like me and lose 1000 lbs over a 30 year period and gain back 1200 lbs!!!! Lose it know while you're young and you will have no regrets. My son is an attorney and he is 39 years old. He is very tall and never had a weight problem until he was in lawschool...it was the eating double burgers and fries in the middle of the night while he was studying. Now he is over 300 lbs and that is WAY too much for anyone, even if they are 6'3" tall. He has never had to diet and he is struggling immensely now; he was talking about the lapband and I did not recommend it to him. I signed us all up at the gym and I am encouraging him to eat high Protein, and low carb, since he's a carboholic like me.

I know you can do this; your metabolism is at its best now and will be great for years to come...the more you exercise, the better it will be. Sky Lily tells me that the little hummingbird has the best metabolism of all creatures. Well, little hummingbird, you CAN do this and you MUST start now. Work on it every day and you WILL succeed. What is that saying that I am reading everywhere now..."Skinny feels so much better than than piece of chocolate cake feels..."

I want to hear from you often...we can do this together, little hummingbird!!!

Grandy

YES!!!

I have a quote by Steven Tyler(The singer in AeroSmith) on my fridge. It says "Nothing Tastes As Good As being Thin Feels"

Thank you so much for the encouragement!!! I hope your son can find his way of getting healthier!!!

This list is quite motivating. I hope others find it as true and slightly funny as I do!

100 Reasons... To lose 100 lbs

1. To feel good about ourselves.

2. To have GREAT sex! :)

3. So we won’t think people are laughing or talking about us.

4. To buy clothes in a “normal store” and actually get clothes with some style to them that fit correctly.

5. To have more energy!

6. To be able to tie your shoes/paint toenails.

7. To be able to sit on a floor and get up gracefully.

8. To wear a bathing suit.

9. To cross your legs or sit with them crossed.

10. To fit into an airline/theater/bus/whatever seat without spilling over and without having to see “that look” from the person who has to sit beside you.

11. So our ankles won’t swell.

12. To fit into a booth at any restaurant.

13. To not need an extension to a seat belt on an airplane and to have the tray table not balance on our bellies.

14. To not worry about being decapitated in our cars with our seat belts on if we should be in an accident.

15. To not turn beet red after moderate exertion.

16. To be able to pick something up off the floor.

17. Pantyhose that fit!

18. To go to an amusement park and ride the rides.

19. To be able to sit in any chair without worry of breakage.

20. To not have to apologize when caught in a narrow aisle and have someone need to get by.

21. To go dancing, sky diving, bungee jumping…

22. To be able to go horseback riding or ride a bike.

23. To not worry about rashes and sweating.

24. To not have to listen to “caring” people ask why you don’t diet or worse still to hear… “gee you have such a pretty face”.

25. To not worry about spilling food, sauces or gravy down the front of your blouse/dress/shirt when eating.

26. To not have to think up some excuse for not doing something because you know your weight will impede you.

27. To not have your belly hit the steering wheel and to be able to fit comfortably in the driver’s seat.

28. To have a bra fit comfortably and to be able to buy underwear at Victoria’s Secret rather than at “Tubby the Underwear Guy”.

29. To not have to worry about the weight limit of step stools, ladders, motorcycle, exercise equipment, etc.

30. To not get stuck in a turn style.

31. To not wake up feeling achy in the back..or to have ache free legs and feet.

32. So the bathroom scale won’t creak and groan when you step on it.

33. To be able to leave the tablecloth on the table at a restaurant instead of dragging it with you when you get up.

34. So you won't look the other way when you see yourself in a monitor where they have security cameras.

35. To never be embarrassed about your size.

36. To not count tying shoes as daily exercise.

37. To not have to wait for the handicap stall when there are plenty of other stalls available.

38. To not be more out of shape than seniors.

39. To not break toilet seat when leaning to one side.

40. To be able to put on wedding rings again.

41. To try to make a double chin and fail!

42. Buy clothing bargains to fit the next year ... and they do!

43. Not to have to worry about plastic zippers or having your pants bust open.

44. Normal waistbands rather than elastic!

45. To wear knee socks correctly instead of worn like slouches!

46. To look good in a tee shirt!

47. To try on slacks or jeans and have the pant leg actually fit over leg!

48. To be able to get close to sink and not come away with a wet belly!

49. To get out of a stuffed chair GRACEFULLY and not look down to see if the chair has come up with you!

50. To not worry if the hairdresser's smock will fit!

51. To not be self-conscious about eating in front of others!

52. To not be afraid to ask which hairstyle suits your face.

53. To not have people checking you out after looking in your grocery cart.

54. To not feel (and look) like a sausage in stirrup pants.

55. To have your friends NOT be embarrassed to be seen with you.

56. To get promotions/hired or close that sale.

57. Pants that stay up because your waist is smaller than your butt!

58. No more boobs! (this is for the guys!)

59. Wearing shorts or tank tops without fear of arrest or grossing out others!

60. To not have the fear of being rejected.

61. To successfully flirt!

62. To not worry about how to get in and out of the back seat in a two door car!

63. One size fits all and it fits you!

64. To have a lap.

65. To not have the car you are ride in slant in your direction.

66. To be able to use toilet paper as it was meant to be used and not to have to invent ways to "get the job done".

67. To not have to watch TV news reports on fat people in hopes that you haven't been caught on camera!

68. To be able to get between cars in a parking lot without wiping the dust off with your belly and your butt.

69. No more heat rashes and chafing in the upper thighs.

70. So that the cloth in the thigh area doesn't wear away long before the rest of the slacks do!

71. To meet a friend online and not be horrified to have to send a picture of yourself.

72. To not take fat references and fat jokes personally.

73. To know you can go anywhere because wherever you sit you CAN be comfortable and look at ease.

74. To shop at the mall and not have your back ache from lugging your huge butt and stomach around!

75. To be able to stand still, carrying nothing and still look poised.

76. To be able to cross your arms across your chest without them resting on your stomach!

77. To have your feet get smaller.

78. Using your mouth to taste and chew food rather than as just a route to get the food from your lips to your stomach.

79. Blood pressure returns to normal.

80. To avoid other health complications from being overweight.

81. To be able to borrow a co-worker's jacket for an important meeting.

82. To meet someone for the first time and their eyes don't pop out of their head with amazement...because they never knew you're fat!

83. To see your reflection in a mirror or store window without turning away!

84. To wear a watch with a regular length watch band.

85. To look in the mirror when getting your hair cut without thinking you have the biggest face in the world.

86. To not mind getting your picture taken.

87. To not avoid going to the doctor because you have to get "weighed" in.

88. To wake up each morning feeling energized and ready to go.

89. To not even worry about squeezing into small spaces.

90. To not have to enter an elevator and check the weight limit.

91. To look in your closet and have problems deciding which stylish outfit to work since you have so many that look good and fit well.

92. To not have to lie perfectly still in bed at night for fear of breaking the bed!

93. To buy tie shoes instead of slip ons!

94. To be able to walk any distance without looking for a bench to sit on.

95. To look forward to shopping and just trying on clothes!

96. To be able to drive by any fast food place without salivating!

97. To be able to shop at the same store for food instead of having to remember where you shopped last night for the junk food so you can avoid that store for a few days!

98. To not feel lower than low when an innocent child remarks about your size!

99. To not constantly be thinking of where your next morsel of food is coming from.

100. And the 100th reason to lose 100 pounds.....

I'M WORTH IT!

i thought the whole point of the website is to be nice and encouraging...i guess some people need to go back to the first grade and learn how to treat and talk to people how they want to be treated...

Your young and want the easy way out...don't we all. But do it now while your young and not try fighting it like some of us in our 40's and 50's....not fun. Pretty soon when you are looking good the money you want to spend at Micky D's will go to all those outfits you will need to buy!!!! Nothing will taste as good as you will look.

LMAO # 67 is hilarious (I laughed out loud) and # 87 is me to a tee the very reason I hate going to the doctor.

This list is quite motivating. I hope others find it as true and slightly funny as I do!

100 Reasons... To lose 100 lbs

1. To feel good about ourselves.

2. To have GREAT sex! :)

3. So we won't think people are laughing or talking about us.

4. To buy clothes in a "normal store" and actually get clothes with some style to them that fit correctly.

5. To have more energy!

6. To be able to tie your shoes/paint toenails.

7. To be able to sit on a floor and get up gracefully.

8. To wear a bathing suit.

9. To cross your legs or sit with them crossed.

10. To fit into an airline/theater/bus/whatever seat without spilling over and without having to see "that look" from the person who has to sit beside you.

11. So our ankles won't swell.

12. To fit into a booth at any restaurant.

13. To not need an extension to a seat belt on an airplane and to have the tray table not balance on our bellies.

14. To not worry about being decapitated in our cars with our seat belts on if we should be in an accident.

15. To not turn beet red after moderate exertion.

16. To be able to pick something up off the floor.

17. Pantyhose that fit!

18. To go to an amusement park and ride the rides.

19. To be able to sit in any chair without worry of breakage.

20. To not have to apologize when caught in a narrow aisle and have someone need to get by.

21. To go dancing, sky diving, bungee jumping…

22. To be able to go horseback riding or ride a bike.

23. To not worry about rashes and sweating.

24. To not have to listen to "caring" people ask why you don't diet or worse still to hear… "gee you have such a pretty face".

25. To not worry about spilling food, sauces or gravy down the front of your blouse/dress/shirt when eating.

26. To not have to think up some excuse for not doing something because you know your weight will impede you.

27. To not have your belly hit the steering wheel and to be able to fit comfortably in the driver's seat.

28. To have a bra fit comfortably and to be able to buy underwear at Victoria's Secret rather than at "Tubby the Underwear Guy".

29. To not have to worry about the weight limit of step stools, ladders, motorcycle, exercise equipment, etc.

30. To not get stuck in a turn style.

31. To not wake up feeling achy in the back..or to have ache free legs and feet.

32. So the bathroom scale won't creak and groan when you step on it.

33. To be able to leave the tablecloth on the table at a restaurant instead of dragging it with you when you get up.

34. So you won't look the other way when you see yourself in a monitor where they have security cameras.

35. To never be embarrassed about your size.

36. To not count tying shoes as daily exercise.

37. To not have to wait for the handicap stall when there are plenty of other stalls available.

38. To not be more out of shape than seniors.

39. To not break toilet seat when leaning to one side.

40. To be able to put on wedding rings again.

41. To try to make a double chin and fail!

42. Buy clothing bargains to fit the next year ... and they do!

43. Not to have to worry about plastic zippers or having your pants bust open.

44. Normal waistbands rather than elastic!

45. To wear knee socks correctly instead of worn like slouches!

46. To look good in a tee shirt!

47. To try on slacks or jeans and have the pant leg actually fit over leg!

48. To be able to get close to sink and not come away with a wet belly!

49. To get out of a stuffed chair GRACEFULLY and not look down to see if the chair has come up with you!

50. To not worry if the hairdresser's smock will fit!

51. To not be self-conscious about eating in front of others!

52. To not be afraid to ask which hairstyle suits your face.

53. To not have people checking you out after looking in your grocery cart.

54. To not feel (and look) like a sausage in stirrup pants.

55. To have your friends NOT be embarrassed to be seen with you.

56. To get promotions/hired or close that sale.

57. Pants that stay up because your waist is smaller than your butt!

58. No more boobs! (this is for the guys!)

59. Wearing shorts or tank tops without fear of arrest or grossing out others!

60. To not have the fear of being rejected.

61. To successfully flirt!

62. To not worry about how to get in and out of the back seat in a two door car!

63. One size fits all and it fits you!

64. To have a lap.

65. To not have the car you are ride in slant in your direction.

66. To be able to use toilet paper as it was meant to be used and not to have to invent ways to "get the job done".

67. To not have to watch TV news reports on fat people in hopes that you haven't been caught on camera!

68. To be able to get between cars in a parking lot without wiping the dust off with your belly and your butt.

69. No more heat rashes and chafing in the upper thighs.

70. So that the cloth in the thigh area doesn't wear away long before the rest of the slacks do!

71. To meet a friend online and not be horrified to have to send a picture of yourself.

72. To not take fat references and fat jokes personally.

73. To know you can go anywhere because wherever you sit you CAN be comfortable and look at ease.

74. To shop at the mall and not have your back ache from lugging your huge butt and stomach around!

75. To be able to stand still, carrying nothing and still look poised.

76. To be able to cross your arms across your chest without them resting on your stomach!

77. To have your feet get smaller.

78. Using your mouth to taste and chew food rather than as just a route to get the food from your lips to your stomach.

79. Blood pressure returns to normal.

80. To avoid other health complications from being overweight.

81. To be able to borrow a co-worker's jacket for an important meeting.

82. To meet someone for the first time and their eyes don't pop out of their head with amazement...because they never knew you're fat!

83. To see your reflection in a mirror or store window without turning away!

84. To wear a watch with a regular length watch band.

85. To look in the mirror when getting your hair cut without thinking you have the biggest face in the world.

86. To not mind getting your picture taken.

87. To not avoid going to the doctor because you have to get "weighed" in.

88. To wake up each morning feeling energized and ready to go.

89. To not even worry about squeezing into small spaces.

90. To not have to enter an elevator and check the weight limit.

91. To look in your closet and have problems deciding which stylish outfit to work since you have so many that look good and fit well.

92. To not have to lie perfectly still in bed at night for fear of breaking the bed!

93. To buy tie shoes instead of slip ons!

94. To be able to walk any distance without looking for a bench to sit on.

95. To look forward to shopping and just trying on clothes!

96. To be able to drive by any fast food place without salivating!

97. To be able to shop at the same store for food instead of having to remember where you shopped last night for the junk food so you can avoid that store for a few days!

98. To not feel lower than low when an innocent child remarks about your size!

99. To not constantly be thinking of where your next morsel of food is coming from.

100. And the 100th reason to lose 100 pounds.....

I'M WORTH IT!