Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters: First Fill Yet?

I am going back on 2/5 for my second fill. I was banded 12/22. The first fill has just not done anything. I hope I fell some restrictions with the the next one.

hello I had my first fill on Jan 26. 1 cc in a 4 cc band! don't feel any difference, my next fill is for Feb 14 for .5cc hoping for the best

Wow, I can't believe all the variation in how soon some people can get fills. My doctor advocates the first six weeks after the surgery is for s-l-o-w-l-y working up to regular food and doing everything possible not to pb and unseat the band. Then they will start doing conservative fills.

I'm just at the six week mark and will be getting my first fill tomorrow. I had some decent restriction after surgery up until sometime last week and my appetite has come back with a vengeance. I am hoping for added restriction from this first fill, but I'm not necessarily planning on it.

I had my first fill on Jan 16th, just over 6 weeks from my banding. I was given 4 cc but had 1 removed because I couldn't swallow the Water. I get my next fill on Feb 22 although I could use it right now.

Before my first fill I had stopped losing weight for two weeks and after I lost 10 lbs quickly. Now I can eat almost anything so weight loss will probably stop until my next fill. I have lost all of my weight in bunches so I get a little impatient when it stops. My goal is to become more patient and use the slow periods to learn how to manage my band.

Hope everyone is happy with teir results

Cheers

I had my surgery 12/17/05 by Dr. Lee Schmitt. Very hard the first six weeks of healing. Lost 16 lbs. My first fill was last Thursday and I do feel the restriction. I'm only taking in about 800 calories a day or less. No Fluid with the meals is tough for me, but I'm growing use to it by the day. My fill was 1 cc and I will get 1/2 cc in Feburary. 4 cc is the most I can have.

Nice to hear from someone else that had the same Doctors.:)

I was banded on Dec. 12, 2005 and don't plan to get a fill. I rec'd a fill of 1.5cc at the time of surgery (not enough fat around my stomach, band was too loose), so I don't really know if this counts as a fill. I don't really count it. I kinda view it as a necessasity for the band to remain in place.

I have a little restriction. Not nearly as much as others. I can chug-a-lug Water and can eat much more than a 'bite or two'. I can almost eat a full saucer of food - depends on the food.< /p>

Have lost 17 lbs so far. Probably could have been more if I hadn't picked up drinking coffee again. I have since switched to non-fat and limit it to 3x week.

I had pretty good restriction all the way through to about a week before my first fill on Jan 19th, lost 9kg in that time, went back for my second fill Feb 10th (the first made very little difference) and had lost another 3. I now have 1.3mls in a 4ml band and have an appointment for another small fill next week but I dont know if I need or want it, I'll see by the end of the weekend if I'm going to go or not. I've lost another 2kg in the past week and a bit.

I went in for my second fill on 2/14, but the doc held off because I had lost another 10lbs since the last fill on 1/17. I also developed Pneumonia last week too, so maybe it was good to hold off. I've needed all the strength I can get from foods though I'm not hungry. Pneumonia is the pits :confused:

I will go for my next fill March 10. I will probably receive 1/2 cc. I felt restriction up until about a week ago. I feel like I eat too much. I limit myself to a lean cuisine at lunch and another one at supper. I drink lots of Water in between. I have lost 10 lbs. in the last 3 weeks and I know I could lose more if I would get in an exercise routine. That is a problem for me. I hope to have more restriction after my next fill. I never realized how addicted to food I was until now. My son is getting married in September and I want most of my weight gone. It's hard too see that happening. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Hang in there people!!:D

I was banded Dec 9th and I still don't need a fill. Yesterday was the first day that I was feeling hungry enough to even consider going in for one. I feel like some kind of weirdo because most everyone seems to say how hungry they are in the beginning.

Serena

303.5/266/160