Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you miss food/eating?

This this this.

I can pretty much eat whatever I want - how much I want is a different story. Maybe that's why I'm a slow loser, 6 months out and down 44lbs, but I don't feel deprived and I don't feel like I'm on a forever diet. I just have smaller portions. I rather like it this way actually.

Good luck!!

Well, 44 lbs in 24 weeks is 1.8 pounds per week average. Bandsters should expect about 1-2 pounds per week. You are perfect! When I was losing actively I averaged 3/4 of a pound per week, but you know what? I got there! Like you, I eat stuff I like (well, not EVERYTHING I like, I try to make good choices overall). I have not ever felt deprived. I still enjoy treats, just not as often or as much as I used to.

Congrats on your losses so far!! Isn't it great??? Woohoo!!

I'm rather new to the band...only about 4 weeks in. but my swelling has diminished and I can feel hunger now...but it's not that HUGE hunger I used to have. I agree with someone above that one bite of something is truly satisfying. If my husband is having something yummy I take one bite just to satisfy my curiosity and I dont feel the overwhelming need to keep eating. That's the magic of the band.

I am SO grateful to have it..and I will also be very grateful when i get my first fill next week as I'm starting to get more hunger and I know that will help with that.

I am feeling like I'm no longer a slave to food. I feel like I'm the Boss of food now..not the other way around! :)

hugs,

BandedKitten

I don't think I would really say I miss food. Though that could be because while I don't keep my trigger foods in the house anymore I allow my self those foods on rare occations. My sisters birthday a cupcake, Mother's day 2-3 chips with salsa. As mentioned by a previous poster I feel more in control of food than I used to. It exists therefore I must eat it. Example: at work we have very nice coffee stations I've bought coffee cake as treat for the floor. I am able to leave them alone. Does'nt really bother me. Also they hold many meetings where there is usually danish or Cookies left over. Because I don't feel that hunger 1-2 hours after lunch I can pass them by.

I am being banded on 6/27 (yaaay!) and I'm curious about how everyone who has been banded for a long time feels about food. I am ABSOULUTELY addicted and use food for comfort for all of me feelings. I'm working on that, bvut i'm wondering if anyone misses eating? does it just become natural to eat a few bites and be satisfied? and i'm not talking physically sated, but in your head, do you feel like you didn't eat enough or you need more?

thx

I am being banded on 6/27 (yaaay!) and I'm curious about how everyone who has been banded for a long time feels about food. I am ABSOULUTELY addicted and use food for comfort for all of me feelings. I'm working on that, bvut i'm wondering if anyone misses eating? does it just become natural to eat a few bites and be satisfied? and i'm not talking physically sated, but in your head, do you feel like you didn't eat enough or you need more?

thx

We have the same surgery day. So Happy for you . We must have same things on are mind':D funny.Wish you the best .

I am being banded on June 28th and I was wondering the same thing. I am not an emotional eater its just that I love food. Thanks for the post and good luck!

I miss eating... sometimes more than others. I was never an emotional eater, I have always just loved food - the way it tastes, how it smells, the textures, how I feel when I'm full, everything. I've been overweight my whole entire life. I was banded back in October, so I'm 9 months out. I have lost about 70 pounds, and it's wonderful! I'll tell you though, I miss eating so much. I don't go without anything, if I want it I eat it, but I can only eat a tiny bit. The surgery has been a success for me in that sense, I look great, I'm running and lifting weights again, my blood pressure and heart rate are fantastic, it's all great.... but I miss eating. A lot. I miss pizza and beer so much, I feel like I'm mourning for a person. I don't talk about it a lot because I feel like I made this choice and it's not like I have cancer, I didn't HAVE to have the surgery, but I can't describe how much I miss eating (overeating, really). I've always eaten more than any woman I knew, it was kind of a source of pride for me, and now I can't even finish a tiny meal most days. It's good because I was well on my way to morbid obesity and beyond, but I can tell you that sometimes it's really hard. I told my husband the other night (he wanted me to talk to him about it, I usually don't) that it was like I was a full-blown heroine addict and I woke up one morning with no veins in my body. Food was my drug, I still want that feeling, that taste, but I can't have it anymore. Luckily for me, and somewhat miraculously, my hunger and cravings have taken a HUGE nosedive since the surgery. I'm rarely very hungry and even when I'm starving I can only eat a little. I know that we are all on here because we were overweight but I really think I was the hungriest person on the planet before the surgery. I'm probably right at line between the red and green zones but if I were any looser I'd be gaining weight and eating like crazy so it's good. The great news is that I don't regret the surgery AT ALL, it's the best decision I've ever made and I only rarely feel sad, the happiness and feeling good are about 98% of the time! Also, since I can only eat a little I get to eat whatever I want and still lose weight, which is like a dream come true for someone who's been overweight since the day she was born!

I do sometimes, like when I'm with friends and they are having a bunch of food that I want to eat, but I can't. My problem is at restaurants when I order a meal, I eat till I'm full, and then I want more because my MOUTH wants more. It's good, so I want to eat more of it. You have to remind yourself that you can always eat later and that this is not the last supper. To go boxes are you friend.

Just remind yourself constantly: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Usually I do not miss anything. If I really have a craving I usually let myself have a bite or two. However, this morning when I got my kiddos doughnuts for Breakfast (we very rarely buy them maybe twice a year) I really wanted one. I even thought about licking the frosting off! *Sigh*