Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayer request

Good afternoon. I am in need of prayer today. I went through lap band surgery 24 May and want this thing out of me. I hurt so badly I can't stand it and want to eat something so bad. I am following the doctor's directions, but am not sure how long I can do this. It even hurts to breathe. I am in need of Jesus' intervention to be my healer right now. Please stand with me in prayer that either the pain goes away or the surgeon will take this thing out of me. I cannot live the rest of my life like this.

Unfortunately, the doctor didn't do such a good job educating me prior to surgery and I have had a lot of questions post op that have had to be answered. Thanks in advance.

Deena

Deena I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain. Have you called the doctor to let him know? Are they gas pains in the neck area or pains from the incision or pains when you drink something (chest-type pains)? I think you are having natural feelings. I haven't been in much pain but I also think ..geeze will I always feel this way afer drinking a few ounces of liquids? The answer seems to be no. Give it time to heal, meanwhile you should be taking your meds.

Let us know what kind of pain it is and we can offer ideas. As far as hunger goes make sure you get all the Protein in-protein gives you a "full" sense. It sounds like you may be drinking too much fluids at one time. Try measuring out fluids into a dixi cup and drink it-wait 15 minutes before taking anymore. Your band area is very swollen and can't take too much right now-but it will get better!! I know I get that feeling in the middle of my chest when I drink too much. God bless you and I do pray that you'll feel better soon. Please contact your doctor with your concerns.

Good afternoon. I am in need of prayer today. I went through lap band surgery 24 May and want this thing out of me. I hurt so badly I can't stand it and want to eat something so bad. I am following the doctor's directions, but am not sure how long I can do this. It even hurts to breathe. I am in need of Jesus' intervention to be my healer right now. Please stand with me in prayer that either the pain goes away or the surgeon will take this thing out of me. I cannot live the rest of my life like this.

Unfortunately, the doctor didn't do such a good job educating me prior to surgery and I have had a lot of questions post op that have had to be answered. Thanks in advance.

Deena

I pray you feel better and that you get wisdom of how to deal with this pain. If its gas pains, they say walk walk walk, and sip Water. but best you call your Dr, as only he can really inform you of what you maybe experiencing, God bless and give you relief!

You don't need prayers you just need to relax and be patient and realise that you have just had surgery which is obviously not something you go through every day and as a result you will be feeling horrible. Give it a couple of days and I am sure you will be feeling fine.

It is sad that your Dr didn't educate you properly prior to putting the band in although with the process that people have to go through in the states to get banded it amazes me that that can happen.Take this opportunity to ask lots of questions and find out all you can about the band and how it works. Remember "God helps those who helps themselves".

If you would like to tell us what the problems are that you are having then we may be able to offer specific solutions for those problems.

Sorry that you are feeling so awful but I am sure that soon you will be fine and excited that you have taken this step towards a new and healthier you.

Deena I will pray for you. There is a solution to this and the pain will not last forever. I will pray that God give you peace, rest, wisdom and knowledge. Be sure to take your pain meds. If they aren't working you do need to contact your surgeon. Please keep me informed about your progress.

Psalm 107:19-21

Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress; he sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from destruction. Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wonderful works to humankind.

Deena,

you are in my prayers. I hope you start to feel better.